Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Best trim level for NX350H?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-22, 10:25 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by CRC99
Ihave1cat, did you set up more than one profile...did you have the problems others are reporting here?
Sorry - just one profile for me.
Old 08-08-22, 01:39 PM
CRC99
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ihave1cat
Sorry - just one profile for me.
So do you share the car with someone else? If so how do handle the seat position, phone etc?
Old 08-08-22, 01:58 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

This may be redundant to something posted elsewhere, but I just navigated (!) through the convoluted process for setting up a second profile in my new NX350 turbo. For the purposes of this exercise, I’ll assume this is for a wife.
1. You apparently can’t give the second driver a separate and complete Lexus App account, because you can only associate the vehicle with one Lexus App account at a time. And presumably you’ve already done that for yourself.
2. But, to build a second profile in the vehicle, your wife’s email address must be on record at Lexus, so you can and should create a Lexus App account for her, using her cell number as the user name and - this is crucial - changing the weird, automatically assigned email address to her real email address. Don’t bother trying to add the car to her App account. It is already added to your account, so Lexus won’t let you do that.
3. Open her new App account on her cell phone. Go to the car and create a profile using her email address, the one you just added to her new App account. You’ll get all sorts of requests to confirm this or that, but you eventually will be able to create a distinct profile for her in your vehicle.
4. Be sure to poke around a bit in the car’s system and link her profile to her key. Once you find that setting on the screen, all you have to do is move the button to the right and it will turn blue.
5. Another layer of complexity: Since your wife’s Lexus App account is incomplete because she can’t add the vehicle to it (but that incomplete App account has to remain in force so her email address is recognized), she’ll have no functionality through the App. The solution: Once her profile has been created in the vehicle and linked to her key, sign her out of the App and sign back in with your credentials. That will restore functionality between the App and the vehicle.
(Whew!)

Last edited by redhot47fl; 08-08-22 at 02:42 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by redhot47fl:
jrgregory (08-13-22), zanewyn (08-08-22)
Old 08-08-22, 02:28 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Why did Lexus make it so complicated to add another profile....
Old 08-08-22, 02:32 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zanewyn
Why did Lexus make it so complicated to add another profile....
Good question. There may be another way, but I couldn't find one and a nice rep at Lexus "Brand Engagement" didn't have any suggestions. Maybe the tech experts at dealerships have figured out something more simple.

That said, go here to the 30:46 mark and you'll see that she's telling you pretty much the same thing I told you, and she knows everything. (She's not accounting, however, for the complication of each car being allowed to be linked to only one App account at a time.)

Last edited by redhot47fl; 08-08-22 at 03:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
zanewyn (08-08-22)
Old 08-08-22, 02:46 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

@Ihave1cat If you don't mind me asking one more question. Did you get your front windows tinted? From your pictures, I also see a dual channel dashcam set up. Did you get this hardwired professionally? If so, do you have a good tint/dash install place to recommend in the GTA? I have asked a couple tint shops and one of them will not do work on the new NX, the other will not warranty their work due to the glass coating.

I heard from someone on this forum that Lexus might introduce record functionality by leveraging the 360 surround cameras, not sure how feasible this is as I don't think there's built in memory or a SD card slot.
Old 08-08-22, 05:04 PM
watmind
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

@Ihave1cat not sure to thank you or curse you for that review! I called my SA today and asked to upgrade my package from Luxury to Ultra Luxury. I think the headlight upgrade and 360 cam will make the car feel more luxury. And I would really miss the kick sensor which I have on my car today. It’s just so convenient lol
The following users liked this post:
zanewyn (08-08-22)
Old 08-11-22, 11:06 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

I suspect that if you think about the potential "danger" inherent in having two separate people, with the ability to control the same vehicle, remotely, I suspect you'll figure out why Lexus made it so difficult to have two people be able to control the same vehicle.

I bet there were a lot of lawyers involved!

I'm sure there is a better way to do it, than what they did here, but that isn't typically the Toyota/Lexus way, they do it their way, period, right or wrong
Old 08-11-22, 05:40 PM
kreativ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redhot47fl
This may be redundant to something posted elsewhere, but I just navigated (!) through the convoluted process for setting up a second profile in my new NX350 turbo. For the purposes of this exercise, I’ll assume this is for a wife.
1. You apparently can’t give the second driver a separate and complete Lexus App account, because you can only associate the vehicle with one Lexus App account at a time. And presumably you’ve already done that for yourself.
2. But, to build a second profile in the vehicle, your wife’s email address must be on record at Lexus, so you can and should create a Lexus App account for her, using her cell number as the user name and - this is crucial - changing the weird, automatically assigned email address to her real email address. Don’t bother trying to add the car to her App account. It is already added to your account, so Lexus won’t let you do that.
3. Open her new App account on her cell phone. Go to the car and create a profile using her email address, the one you just added to her new App account. You’ll get all sorts of requests to confirm this or that, but you eventually will be able to create a distinct profile for her in your vehicle.
4. Be sure to poke around a bit in the car’s system and link her profile to her key. Once you find that setting on the screen, all you have to do is move the button to the right and it will turn blue.
5. Another layer of complexity: Since your wife’s Lexus App account is incomplete because she can’t add the vehicle to it (but that incomplete App account has to remain in force so her email address is recognized), she’ll have no functionality through the App. The solution: Once her profile has been created in the vehicle and linked to her key, sign her out of the App and sign back in with your credentials. That will restore functionality between the App and the vehicle.
(Whew!)
I see you're allowed to link the profile either to a cell phone or the key (and perhaps have both options enabled). Any thoughts on whether linking profile by phone vs. key is better or faster?
Old 08-11-22, 05:50 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kreativ
I see you're allowed to link the profile either to a cell phone or the key (and perhaps have both options enabled). Any thoughts on whether linking profile by phone vs. key is better or faster?
Hi. I think the process of linking a phone to a profile occurs more or less behind the Wizard of Oz’s curtain. I don’t recall physically doing that, though it might have been done by the tech guy as he rapidly whipped through some settings when the vehicle was delivered. I know for sure each phone was set up to be recognized by the vehicle. And I know for sure that I linked my profile to my key (and my wife’s profile to her key) and that seems to be the…key…to rapid recognition of the driver and his or her phone when the driver enters the vehicle. I hope that makes sense.