Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

SF Bay Area dealership recommendation NX350H

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-22, 10:10 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 156 Posts
Default SF Bay Area dealership recommendation NX350H

Hi all, looking for a new NX350H for my wife and wondering if anyone in the forum are in this area and can recommend a good dealership. I called Lexus of Seramonte and they want $2K over MSRP and that’s on the waiting list.

thanks in advance.

JL
Old 08-06-22, 11:21 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Lexus of Pleasanton doesn't mark up their cars but they are giving preference to customers who have bought or serviced with them in the past. I think it's worth contacting them. They refused to sell to non-local buyers because they already have a long wait list. If you already own a Lexus maybe you could get it serviced from them next time and become a preferred customer.
Old 08-06-22, 11:30 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Originally Posted by anoop
Lexus of Pleasanton doesn't mark up their cars but they are giving preference to customers who have bought or serviced with them in the past. I think it's worth contacting them. They refused to sell to non-local buyers because they already have a long wait list. If you already own a Lexus maybe you could get it serviced from them next time and become a preferred customer.
great. Thx a lot. Yes we bought our RX from Pleasanton a while back but not serviced there since I live somewhere else. I will contact them.
Old 08-06-22, 11:40 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexsc4
great. Thx a lot. Yes we bought our RX from Pleasanton a while back but not serviced there since I live somewhere else. I will contact them.
Lucky you, then!
Old 08-08-22, 09:11 AM
timdakao
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Not exactly a recommendation but I would avoid Putnam Lexus in Redwood City. They're going to try to charge you a ridiculously high markup and then be extremely hard to reach after they get your deposit. The SA I worked with seemed super annoyed every time I called to get details (she kept saying she would give me info then never followed up).
Old 08-09-22, 10:24 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Originally Posted by timdakao
Not exactly a recommendation but I would avoid Putnam Lexus in Redwood City. They're going to try to charge you a ridiculously high markup and then be extremely hard to reach after they get your deposit. The SA I worked with seemed super annoyed every time I called to get details (she kept saying she would give me info then never followed up).
Thx for the tip. Actually I bought my 2017 ES350 from Putnam back in 2017 and their Internet Sales were great. Maybe things have changed........

BTW, the best deal in the Bay Area is currently Pleasanton Lexus. No markup, but they do add $499 Tint and $198 "Nitrogen" (which I think is BS), given the current market condition it is what it is. I might just wait for a few more months and see what happens to the market.
Old 08-10-22, 04:43 PM
hth
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thx for the tip. Actually I bought my 2017 ES350 from Putnam back in 2017 and their Internet Sales were great. Maybe things have changed........

BTW, the best deal in the Bay Area is currently Pleasanton Lexus. No markup, but they do add $499 Tint and $198 "Nitrogen" (which I think is BS), given the current market condition it is what it is. I might just wait for a few more months and see what happens to the market.
Wow I would get this car immediately if it is available.
Old 08-10-22, 05:12 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Originally Posted by hth
Wow I would get this car immediately if it is available.
It is available, but the options list ($3450 worth) this car has is more what my wife needs and more than what I like to pay.
We are not in any hurry to buy a car as her 09 RX is still running strong.
Old 08-10-22, 05:16 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Just got a reply back from the Longo Lexus at El Monte, the current wait on a NX350H is 2 years and they are no longer taking orders from customers.

However the salesperson said they are still taking order on the NX350 and 450H. And also taking order on the new 2023 RX Hybrid, which has a 6-8 months wait.

Crazy time.

Old 08-10-22, 05:33 PM
anoop
Intermediate

It is available, but the options list ($3450 worth) this car has is more what my wife needs and more than what I like to pay.
how long are you prepared to wait? You might as well get in line because the wait might only get worse. Companies are not building as many cars as they used to. I think I saw something like 50% production cut. Even if demand falls by 30% or 40%, it still means the queue grows indefinitely.
Old 08-10-22, 05:51 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

how long are you prepared to wait? You might as well get in line because the wait might only get worse. Companies are not building as many cars as they used to. I think I saw something like 50% production cut. Even if demand falls by 30% or 40%, it still means the queue grows indefinitely.
Until the wife tells me I am not allow to wait any longer or the RX decides to kick the bucket. : )

In all seriousness, I also placed a reservation on a Lucid Air Pure ($77.4K version) in May and waiting for delivery as well. If I do decide to keep the Lucid, maybe I can convince my wife to take my 2017 ES350, it only has 31Ku miles and practically 90% new.
Old 08-10-22, 10:23 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Until the wife tells me I am not allow to wait any longer or the RX decides to kick the bucket. : )

In all seriousness, I also placed a reservation on a Lucid Air Pure ($77.4K version) in May and waiting for delivery as well. If I do decide to keep the Lucid, maybe I can convince my wife to take my 2017 ES350, it only has 31Ku miles and practically 90% new.
I had a deposit on an ID.4 but I canceled it. Somewhere along the way I decided I value comfort, ease of use, etc. over going electric. I think the non plug in hybrid offers the best balance for these times in terms of requiring no adjustment (no need to worry about charging infrastructure at home or elsewhere while still offering good mpg and less city pollution). After watching the documentary Planet of the Humans, I’m not sold on the green nature of EVs or green energy in general.

Back to the main topic, if you wait till you have an emergency, your choices will be very limited. I know folks that have had to buy after a car got totaled and they were forced to take whatever they could get their hands on in their budget at the time.

(FWIW, I have to wait 30 weeks to get a replacement garage door and I have have been waiting 8 weeks already for 2 pairs of trousers which have been on order.)
Old 08-10-22, 10:36 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

I had a deposit on an ID.4 but I canceled it. Somewhere along the way I decided I value comfort, ease of use, etc. over going electric. I think the non plug in hybrid offers the best balance for these times in terms of requiring no adjustment (no need to worry about charging infrastructure at home or elsewhere while still offering good mpg and less city pollution). After watching the documentary Planet of the Humans, I’m not sold on the green nature of EVs or green energy in general.

Back to the main topic, if you wait till you have an emergency, your choices will be very limited. I know folks that have had to buy after a car got totaled and they were forced to take whatever they could get their hands on in their budget at the time.
All good and valid points on EV. That’s why I am still hesitated on the Lucid and EV in general and ask you guys about good dealerships. However, I do not agree on the what ifs, in that case, we all should have an extra car sitting around all the time just in case? We are going through a crazy time where pandemic created this crazy shortag. I have been driving and buyer cars for over 30 years and have seen nothing like this, where used car are worth more than new after 5 years of use. Hopefully this is the last time. Anyway, appreciate the pointers. Worst case, my parents have extra cars that I can use if thing do happen, they are retired and don’t do much driving.
Old 08-11-22, 09:36 AM
hth
Rookie

I had that same thought in May so I did not take a car with $2,000 markups and came to Longo to get into an 18 month queue. Then I realized by the end of next year (18 months from May) when it is my turn the MSRP may go up aggressively due to chip shortage then I may have to pay more than current MSRP + $2,000. In the meantime the current 06 RX330 is still running good but this car also has high resale value so I decided to get a new NX350h with a $4,000 markups then recoup part of the markups by selling the RX330.
Old 08-11-22, 09:41 AM
hth
Rookie

Just got a reply back from the Longo Lexus at El Monte, the current wait on a NX350H is 2 years and they are no longer taking orders from customers.

However the salesperson said they are still taking order on the NX350 and 450H. And also taking order on the new 2023 RX Hybrid, which has a 6-8 months wait.

Crazy time.
The queue is 1 person less because I just cancelled the $500 deposit and Longo immediately refunded (took 5 days to show in credit card).

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area dealership recommendation NX350H