Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

My New Redline 2022 Lexus NX 350h

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-22, 12:27 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Fifteenkey
I'm now regretting my two color choices of Cloudburst Gray or Atomic Silver. That's a gorgeous car. Congratulations!
No need for regrets! I also wanted Redline for my NX but after months of waiting I still had no car, so I agreed to a car that had pretty much all the features (minus the HUD) I wanted, but in Cloudburst Gray. I am very pleased with it:

The following 2 users liked this post by Dorsai:
Fifteenkey (08-14-22), geomike (08-11-22)
Old 08-11-22, 01:04 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 227 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3

Redline looks even better in person.

The Redline color goes extremely well with the Palomino interior color.
Too true!! Color - wise we love ours!!
Old 08-11-22, 02:44 PM
darkloki
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm simply not a fan of Redline, now please don't take this the wrong way I just don't like it on the NX or the CT. I'm okay with it on the LFA I'll admit but I don't think I would like it even on a LC 500. I really prefer infared for the NX or the previous itteration which was darker. Maybe it's because I have two Supras that are red (Rennisance Red) but even on the SC 430 I didn't like it. I might be biased here but when it's blatant sports car red I always prefer it on an actual sports car and not on a sport SUV.

I hope you and everyone else who has redline likes it, it would have been my second choice if it was Infared. Insted I ended up with Ultra Sonic Mica 2.0. I might not like the red due to how flat it is as compared to something like infared with the metallic bits.
Old 08-11-22, 03:57 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 518 Likes on 337 Posts
Talking Redline is faster

Originally Posted by darkloki
I'm simply not a fan of Redline, now please don't take this the wrong way I just don't like it on the NX or the CT. I'm okay with it on the LFA I'll admit but I don't think I would like it even on a LC 500. I really prefer infared for the NX or the previous itteration which was darker. Maybe it's because I have two Supras that are red (Rennisance Red) but even on the SC 430 I didn't like it. I might be biased here but when it's blatant sports car red I always prefer it on an actual sports car and not on a sport SUV.

I hope you and everyone else who has redline likes it, it would have been my second choice if it was Infared. Insted I ended up with Ultra Sonic Mica 2.0. I might not like the red due to how flat it is as compared to something like infared with the metallic bits.
But redline makes my Sports SUV go faster ...almost like a sports car. I had New Formula red on my S2000 with Invidia exhaust it sounded and drove like a true sports car. Did you mod any of the turbos on your Supras ?

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 08-11-22, 06:52 PM
midcow3
Racer

Cool NX at my cabin in the woods

My NX at my cabin in the woods, The Sam Houston National Forest.

YMMV,
MidCow3
The following 3 users liked this post by midcow3:
Doug007 (08-12-22), geomike (08-12-22), Valbon8 (08-13-22)
Old 08-11-22, 07:18 PM
jatwell
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

If you like it, why are you running away from it?
The following 3 users liked this post by jatwell:
CdO (08-25-22), Randyp1234 (08-11-22), zanewyn (08-12-22)
Old 08-12-22, 07:47 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Fifteenkey
I'm now regretting my two color choices of Cloudburst Gray or Atomic Silver. That's a gorgeous car. Congratulations!
That was me a week after placing my order. So much so that I called my SA and changed my order

Originally Posted by geomike
So am I. I took the caviar instead of the Grecian blue, as they were the only ones available in production when i put my order but i see those strong attractive colors are amazing in real.
You preferred the Caviar to Grecian Water? I switched my initial Caviar to Grecian Water with Palomino interior just a week after I ordered. I decided I wanted it to stand out😜 Grecian Water in person is so attractive and eye-catching.

Thanks, Redline is a very deep rich red. It makes my Ford RS Race Red look like red with an orange tinge. Redline looks even better in person.

The Redline color goes extremely well with the Palomino interior color. The black interior would also look good.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Congratul@midcow3 on finally picking up your car. Looks great! Enjoy every moment driving it.
Old 08-12-22, 07:57 AM
midcow3
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LStoneX
Congratul@midcow3 on finally picking up your car. Looks great! Enjoy every moment driving it.
@LStoneX Thank you sir! I am enjoying it; truly awesome car

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 08-12-22, 08:11 AM
450hPlus
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I finally got my NX and it is awesome. It is very quiet and the Mark Levinson is even better than I thought it would.

2022 /9846C NX 350h Luxury -Redline/Palomino
Final Assembly Point: Miyawaka, Fukuoka, Japan

Installed Options:
Advanced Park
Cold Area Package- Wiper/Window Deicer
Digital Inner Mirror
Triple Beam Headlamps w/Washers, and Cornering
Mark Levinson 17- Speaker Premium Auto
Panoramic Moonroof
Panoramic View Monitor, Lane Change Assist, Front Cross Traffic Alert
Towing Package- 2000 lb
Smart Phone Convenience Package Digital Key and Wireless Charger
Heated Leather Steering Wheel
All-Weather Floor Liners with Cargo Mat
Activity Mount
Door Edge Film
Cargo Net
Key Glove
Mudguards
Rear Puddle Lamp / Side Puddle Lamp
Wheel Locks
Window Tint

Activity Mount

Lexus All weather mats

I bought it at Northside Lexus and met the lady who makes all the Lexus videos. She is very nice and extremely knowledgeable about Lexus NX features.

The car is extremely enjoyable and so far I have absolutely no problems.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Congrats, and sorry you have to wait so long. I do like the red and cream combination as well. It is a shame you were unable to get the app store trim. Any chance of you changing the wheels?

So you had never heard the ML before comparing it with the pioneer, which you also probably never heard before?

How do you like the pano? Not much of a pano, ay?

What are you going to use the activity Mount for?
Old 08-12-22, 08:37 AM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 450hPlus
Congrats, and sorry you have to wait so long. I do like the red and cream combination as well. It is a shame you were unable to get the app store trim. Any chance of you changing the wheels?

So you had never heard the ML before comparing it with the pioneer, which you also probably never heard before?

How do you like the pano? Not much of a pano, ay?

What are you going to use the activity Mount for?
Good questions. I wanted Redline 350h with Mark Levison loaded. So my SA said we have this one allocated how about it and I said okay.

I am kind of an audio nut and I had heard ML in other Lexus. I just wanted it and I am glad I got it. I use Sirrus a lot in the car ( don't travel that much anymore, mainly between house and cabin, retired). I listen to News channels a lot and news channels that are crystal clear with true voice depth are better IMHO.

I probably would not have got the pano if doing an exact order but it was on the one I was allocated and I really like it

The activity mount was also part of the allocation. I used to be an avid bike rider in my younger days and I have a nice 1.25 inch hitch mount Bike rack. My knees got so bad I couldn't walk much less ride. Got two titanium knees two years ago and can walk, hike, and ride again; some on a tri-bike and my oldie but goodie carbon fiber Cadex bike.

I think Lexus was looking for a problem to solve with technology when they came up with the digital key. The digital key is a misuse of technology. If it had been my programming project to integrate key fos, memory seats, profiles, etc. I would have done a much better job. Lexus should be ashamed of its current implementation. Since this is MY car and more than likely I will be the only one driving it over 99% of the time I Kept my implementation very simple and has not failed and will not fail.

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. - I love the car and I still have my RS for shifting and performance fixes.

Old 08-12-22, 09:04 AM
Fifteenkey
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, that is sweet, too.
Old 08-12-22, 09:16 AM
Kusala
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Nice colour combination @midcow3 - be sure to add some stickers for extra HP...perhaps a wing, too
Old 08-13-22, 09:36 PM
midcow3
Racer

Talking Redline is what, around 6,800 RPM ?

Originally Posted by Kusala
Nice colour combination @midcow3 - be sure to add some stickers for extra HP...perhaps a wing, too
The wing added nice additional downforce, but I couldn't keep the stickers on because my NX goes so fast You know what I mean, "Redline" means running at 6,800 RPM all the time

Cheers

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 08-14-22, 12:30 PM
sqze509
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beautiful car!

[QUOTE=midcow3;11340538]I finally got my NX and it is awesome. It is very quiet and the Mark Levinson is even better than I thought it would.

2022 /9846C NX 350h Luxury -Redline/Palomino
Final Assembly Point: Miyawaka, Fukuoka, Japan

Installed Options:
Advanced Park
Cold Area Package- Wiper/Window Deicer
Digital Inner Mirror
Triple Beam Headlamps w/Washers, and Cornering
Mark Levinson 17- Speaker Premium Auto
Panoramic Moonroof
Panoramic View Monitor, Lane Change Assist, Front Cross Traffic Alert
Towing Package- 2000 lb
Smart Phone Convenience Package Digital Key and Wireless Charger
Heated Leather Steering Wheel
All-Weather Floor Liners with Cargo Mat
Activity Mount
Door Edge Film
Cargo Net
Key Glove
Mudguards
Rear Puddle Lamp / Side Puddle Lamp
Wheel Locks
Window Tint

Activity Mount

Lexus All weather mats

I bought it at Northside Lexus and met the lady who makes all the Lexus videos. She is very nice and extremely knowledgeable about Lexus NX features.

The car is extremely enjoyable and so far I have absolutely no problems.

How long did you wait for it to come in?
I ordered mine in March and at first they said end of June and in June they said hopefully by November
Old 08-14-22, 09:03 PM
midcow3
Racer

Thumbs up 4 months

Originally Posted by sqze509
[How long did you wait for it to come in?
I ordered mine in March and at first they said end of June and in June they said hopefully by November
I first started trying to buy and NX on November 19, 2021. The dealer strung me along and finally cancelled my order after 4 1/2 months and said they couldn't do anything. So I guess that time doesn't count. If you run into a car dealer like this I would recommend writing an objective, factual "dealer rater" review. This really seems to get car dealer's attention. dealerrater.com

The Lexus dealer I actually purchase the 2022 Lexus NX 350h from took my order on March 30, 2022 and the car was delivered on August 5, 2022; so a little over 4 months. Getting all the features I wanted was worth the wait.

YMMV,
MidCow3
The following users liked this post:
Dkaplan (08-15-22)