Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

350h puddle lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-23, 12:27 PM
Edison_Chen
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Stedman
Been waiting 3 weeks and still no delivery from LexusAcc
A few months ago I ordered puddle lamps for our 23 RX from LexusAcc and from when I ordered to when I received it, it was almost a month. I’m pretty sure I didn’t get a tracking number or anything. I was afraid I was getting scammed. Finally almost a month after ordering it arrived.

I’m located in Canada, maybe it takes longer to ship here.
Old 07-11-23, 04:35 PM
Stedman
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtLip
@Freds430 Is it the $45 set or the $80 set? It looks like the $80 set to me. The description is pretty vague as to what vehicle year and model they fit. Safe to assume it fits the 23 NX 450H+? I have the OEM puddle lights but they are sad, not bright at all.
Also from the great white north.. I also think we got scammed.. Seems no updates etc unless I keep emailing them. Finally got tracking after 2 weeks of badgering them but its New York it says its in.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (07-11-23)
Old 07-11-23, 06:35 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,132 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Stedman
Also from the great white north.. I also think we got scammed.. Seems no updates etc unless I keep emailing them. Finally got tracking after 2 weeks of badgering them but its New York it says its in.
Tracking mine came from China to NY and sent from there. I ordered three different times and no problems except took about two weeks.
Old 07-21-23, 04:34 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
These are the ones I ordered. I love them. They are bright sharp image almost 3D effect. I would not want them any brighter
@Freds430 I got the puddle lights in today. I like them. They are a lot better in my opinion but yo be the judge!!

BEFORE: OEM from Factory

AFTER: Puddle Lights from AddCarLights. https://www.addcarlights.com/product...hts-car-ghost/

The following 3 users liked this post by SgtLip:
Freds430 (07-21-23), Kodiak412 (07-22-23), SenorValas (07-23-23)
Old 07-21-23, 06:36 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Addcarlights much better way sharper and brighter.
The following 2 users liked this post by Freds430:
Kodiak412 (07-22-23), SgtLip (07-22-23)
Old 07-23-23, 02:44 AM
Kodiak412
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

@Freds430 I purchased that set of Puddle Lights. Can't wait to get them. I think they will look nice with the Deployable/Powered Running Boards I ordered.
They make a power deployable running board for a NX 350h? I have not been to find anything with a search.

On a topic note I like the newer Lexus 3D look a little better than the $47 ones (Addcarlights). Is this newer Lexus 3D look the $80 ones on LexuxAcc?
Old 07-23-23, 04:28 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kodiak412
They make a power deployable running board for a NX 350h? I have not been to find anything with a search.

On a topic note I like the newer Lexus 3D look a little better than the $47 ones (Addcarlights). Is this newer Lexus 3D look the $80 ones on LexuxAcc?
@Kodiak412 I have emailed and called both Amp Research and ARIES (I believe the only two powered boards made in the USA) running board companies and both said NO. They even went so far as to say, We don't make them for Lexus and don't see a future when we will. So I continued to look around. FINALLY I found a bunch but they are ALL Chinese made. I figured what isn't these days and purchased a set that worked for me (I hate chrome so it was hard to find). They arrived quickly and look to be made very good. I am having them installed Tuesday 7/25/23. Here is a link to the boards I purchased: NOTE: I didn't pay that much
https://www.ebay.com/itm/305015544731

Good luck. There are a LOT of others that look just as good if you don't mind the chrome. Once you go to that one I linked above, you'll see a lot more.

As for the Puddle Lights, I wanted the $80 set but went with the $47 set. That was the photo I attached. After paying for the crappy (in my opinion) looking ones from Lexus, I didn't want to spend the extra $40. Wish I would have, but I didn't. I like these fine. In hindsight, I should have NOT gotten them yet. I completely forgot the running boards will have LED lights as well. So I'm not sure how this is going to look. But I'll know Tuesday.
Kodiak412 (07-23-23)
Old 07-23-23, 06:05 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

@Kodiak412 I have emailed and called both Amp Research and ARIES (I believe the only two powered boards made in the USA) running board companies and both said NO. They even went so far as to say, We don't make them for Lexus and don't see a future when we will. So I continued to look around. FINALLY I found a bunch but they are ALL Chinese made. I figured what isn't these days and purchased a set that worked for me (I hate chrome so it was hard to find). They arrived quickly and look to be made very good. I am having them installed Tuesday 7/25/23. Here is a link to the boards I purchased: NOTE: I didn't pay that much
https://www.ebay.com/itm/305015544731

Good luck. There are a LOT of others that look just as good if you don't mind the chrome. Once you go to that one I linked above, you'll see a lot more.

As for the Puddle Lights, I wanted the $80 set but went with the $47 set. That was the photo I attached. After paying for the crappy (in my opinion) looking ones from Lexus, I didn't want to spend the extra $40. Wish I would have, but I didn't. I like these fine. In hindsight, I should have NOT gotten them yet. I completely forgot the running boards will have LED lights as well. So I'm not sure how this is going to look. But I'll know Tuesday.
If you have not already seen my post #25 check it out. Next you need the truck/rear hatch puddle light. The one that comes with the NX is one led bulb the upgrade is 4 led bulbs and makes a world of difference. Installs just like the door puddle lights.
Kodiak412 (07-23-23)
Old 07-23-23, 07:34 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

If you have not already seen my post #25 check it out. Next you need the truck/rear hatch puddle light. The one that comes with the NX is one led bulb the upgrade is 4 led bulbs and makes a world of difference. Installs just like the door puddle lights.
@Freds430 Thanks but I purchased a china made puddle light (actually 2 but that was my stupidness) and it’s installed. That was the second or third mod I made. I’ve purchased the tray for the center console, the divider/shelf for the glove box, Crystal Shift ****, Red Lexus valve stem covers, Modern Spare and Tools, Pirelli’s regular tires, Deployable running boards, door puddle lights, Full front PPF, complete car ceramic coating. Now I’m looking at the Black Chrome window trim or maybe wrapping the trim instead.

And then I’m done. 🥵🥵😁

Old 07-23-23, 07:52 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

@Freds430 Thanks but I purchased a china made puddle light (actually 2 but that was my stupidness) and it’s installed. That was the second or third mod I made. I’ve purchased the tray for the center console, the divider/shelf for the glove box, Crystal Shift ****, Red Lexus valve stem covers, Modern Spare and Tools, Pirelli’s regular tires, Deployable running boards, door puddle lights, Full front PPF, complete car ceramic coating. Now I’m looking at the Black Chrome window trim or maybe wrapping the trim instead.

And then I’m done. 🥵🥵😁
What Pirelli's did you get?
Old 07-23-23, 08:15 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

What Pirelli's did you get?

Pirelli Scorpion All Season Plus 3 245/50R20 102V

They are amazing tires. I was extremely surprised when the wife said she could tell the difference. And she was opposed to me getting them with only 2,800 miles on the car. I got them at Amazon as they were the cheapest.

Old 07-23-23, 10:05 AM
Kodiak412
Rookie

And then I’m done. 🥵🥵😁
I looked in the back compartment of the NX350h and the only thing back there is rod with a hole (loop) on one end and threaded on the other end. I have know idea what this is and I have to look up this stuff. Also a phillips head screwdriver. Thats it. I do not even know how you loosen the lug nuts. Maybe they figure with run flat tires you go somewhere and do not do any of this yourself. This kind of sucked as they should have at least given you the jack and lug wretch.

You have done a good amount and some decent things for your car. Let us know how those power running boards turn out. It is a high step up into the car and my bad knees make it harder.

Also thanks for the laugh! You said "and then I'm done". Yeah right.
SgtLip (07-23-23)
Old 07-23-23, 10:22 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kodiak412
I looked in the back compartment of the NX350h and the only thing back there is rod with a hole (loop) on one end and threaded on the other end. I have know idea what this is and I have to look up this stuff. Also a phillips head screwdriver. Thats it. I do not even know how you loosen the lug nuts. Maybe they figure with run flat tires you go somewhere and do not do any of this yourself. This kind of sucked as they should have at least given you the jack and lug wretch.

You have done a good amount and some decent things for your car. Let us know how those power running boards turn out. It is a high step up into the car and my bad knees make it harder.

Also thanks for the laugh! You said "and then I'm done". Yeah right.
That piece you described is the Tow Pin. If you look on your front bumper there is a cut out. You pop that piece out and screw that Pin in and you can get pulled out from somewhere you’d rather not be. As for the Running Boards, I’ll know Tuesday. The biggest problem was finding someone to install them. Lexus won’t touch 3rd party parts. A lot of other places won’t install them because they are from china. As if that really matters these days? Everything is made in china now so why should that matter when there isn’t an American made product that can be used. Anyway, if I can I’ll get photos and post them.

Kodiak412 (07-23-23)
Old 07-23-23, 12:19 PM
Kodiak412
Rookie

Yes that post was great! I ended up getting the Lexus V2 3D ($80) puddle lights and I got that back piece LED too. That back piece (4 LED) should have just been the norm, but it is what it is. That single LED was pitiful.
Old 07-23-23, 12:26 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Kodiak412;11546545. That single LED was pitiful.[/QUOTE] agree could not have cost Lexus $20 to upgrade from one led to four.

Quick Reply: 350h puddle lights