Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

Gs 4th gen 450h Hybrid Battery Fan Filter location and cleaning?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-22, 04:22 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Gs 4th gen 450h Hybrid Battery Fan Filter location and cleaning?

Hi everyone, since i am unable to find , can someone please tell me or show me where is location of fan battery filter and how to clean it if possible with picture or something? is it easy to access it like on prius is it even user replaceble and how to clean it on gs 4th gen 450h Year 2012 and up.
Old 11-15-22, 06:31 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

See my post, 450h doesn’t have a filter for that.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...l#post10728562

Last edited by peasodos; 11-15-22 at 06:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (11-16-22)
Old 11-15-22, 10:31 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by peasodos
See my post, 450h doesn’t have a filter for that.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...l#post10728562
thanks but that doesnt help Car care nut told to clean or replace the filter otherwise battery will fail or overhead is it easy to clean the fan? If i dont drive my car for a 6 or more months will the battery fail? Car care nut told that 1st ans 2nd gen priuses failed because they was lacking filters for battery fan and it collected a lot of dust and debris thats what lead to battery not been able to cool.... he also told that liquid pink antifreeze is uses only for the invertor not the whole battery is it true about that on gs 4th gen ad well? Because all hybrids are based on priuses from toyota? Is it possible for europe we to have some filter somewhere ?

how about this video is tgis for 450h on gs 4th gen or this is valid for face lift version he shows some filter in the trunk?

Last edited by bladest; 11-15-22 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-15-22, 11:02 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

This isn’t a first or second generation Prius battery. Your worrying about problems that don’t exist with this car. There is no filter. BYE

Last edited by peasodos; 11-16-22 at 06:10 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by peasodos:
bloodbean (11-18-22), Im2bz2p345 (11-16-22), jgscott (11-16-22)
Old 11-16-22, 03:59 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 249 Likes on 188 Posts

How did you come to the conclusion that the cells are cooled with fluid? Actually, beyond the Rav4 EV tesla co-op, is there a single other Toyota vehicle with a water-cooled battery?

Don't take everything car care nut says for granted.

Anyways, according to the diagrams in the link above, seems like the filter should be right behind the air intake - if there is one.
Im2bz2p345 (11-17-22)
Old 11-16-22, 04:08 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
How did you come to the conclusion that the cells are cooled with fluid? Actually, beyond the Rav4 EV tesla co-op, is there a single other Toyota vehicle with a water-cooled battery?

Anyways, according to the diagrams in the link above, seems like the filter should be right behind the air intake - if there is one.
every hybrid have reservoir for. The invertor coolant. Antifreeze which is pink but i dont think car is water cooled battery is 3rd gen same way again with water cooled antifreeze battery? I am not sure if in this video is face lifted gs or or other car al it should be the filter around rear. Right shock ?
Old 11-16-22, 05:26 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,515 Posts

This thread should have never been posted here in the regular (non-hybrid) forum.
Im2bz2p345 (11-16-22)
Old 11-16-22, 06:08 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

I removed the intake vent in my 450h and posted a pic in the post I linked. There is no filter, not even any dirt or dust build up.

You won’t find a single 450h in 4th or 3rd gen forum with hybrid battery failure from a fan or a filter.
Old 11-16-22, 06:19 AM
bladest
Instructor

I removed the intake vent in my 450h and posted a pic in the post I linked. There is no filter, not even any dirt or dust build up.

You won’t find a single 450h in 4th or 3rd gen forum with hybrid battery failure from a fan or a filter.
thanks for that so i dont need to clean any dirty filter, can you tell me how i can store ky hybrid battery for 6 months without been damaged ? What i should do start the car each month for few minutes or? Also i dont want to brake the brakes or other components due to Car sitting?
Old 11-17-22, 12:53 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 249 Likes on 188 Posts

AFAIK no toyota/lexus hybrid cools the battery with anything but air. Even the nx300h uses (conditioned) air cooling - not necessarily a bad choice.

A clogged FAN can lead to a quicker battery demise over time. I'd argue that running the AC and parking the car in the shade is more important, however. Heat (& electrolyte loss) is still the enemy.

If it's of any help, a car that's been driven in winter conditions is generally more likely to still have a good battery, for obvious reasons.
Old 11-17-22, 01:03 PM
bladest
Instructor

AFAIK no toyota/lexus hybrid cools the battery with anything but air. Even the nx300h uses (conditioned) air cooling - not necessarily a bad choice.

A clogged FAN can lead to a quicker battery demise over time. I'd argue that running the AC and parking the car in the shade is more important, however. Heat (& electrolyte loss) is still the enemy.

If it's of any help, a car that's been driven in winter conditions is generally more likely to still have a good battery, for obvious reasons.
So no lexus have fluid into the battery they all are using fans? can you teach me please,
i am still new to the world of hybrids and my car will be sitting for 6/12 monts i dont want to collapse it, or to have dead battery...
have you ever cleaned your clogged fan?
i dont plan to drive mine in the winter.
Old 11-18-22, 03:48 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts

If the car is going to sit for six months, you better get some pudding cause you may be in deep tapioca. Nobody here, that I know of, lets their hybrid car sit for six months. Sell it if you are not going to drive it, or hire someone to drive it for 30 minutes at least once per month to charge the hybrid battery up.
Old 11-19-22, 04:17 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hues10
If the car is going to sit for six months, you better get some pudding cause you may be in deep tapioca. Nobody here, that I know of, lets their hybrid car sit for six months. Sell it if you are not going to drive it, or hire someone to drive it for 30 minutes at least once per month to charge the hybrid battery up.
I dont drive the car due to several reasons, first lacking snow winter tyres, lacking insurance,
lacking repairs...
i will be the first one
also no one wants these cars in my country or even international of course car is listed for sale but no luck with that for 1 year already.
Old 11-20-22, 10:27 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bladest
I dont drive the car due to several reasons, first lacking snow winter tyres, lacking insurance,
lacking repairs...
i will be the first one
also no one wants these cars in my country or even international of course car is listed for sale but no luck with that for 1 year already.
Just turn the car on once a month for 30 minutes, no need to drive it to charge the battery, the engine will.
Old 11-21-22, 04:45 AM
bladest
Instructor

Just turn the car on once a month for 30 minutes, no need to drive it to charge the battery, the engine will.
In the place where the car is no ventilation, so i can die,
so i need to take it outside somewhere....
and for that i need the extra things,

So in the end is the car with fluid in the battery battery cooled by fluid or its by fan
Lwerewolf claim its cooling by air by fan, peasodos claims by antifreeze coolant pink, who is right are you sure i have nothing to clean i dont want battery to die.

Quick Reply: Gs 4th gen 450h Hybrid Battery Fan Filter location and cleaning?