Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

350H Color - How is Cadmium Orange?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-22, 01:26 AM
pro001
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 350H Color - How is Cadmium Orange?

Hi all,
My first post here. If you could help me with some opinions on the exterior color?
I really like NX 350H and would like to purchase a white or gray one (caviar is fine, even red would be acceptable), and the waiting time is so long, not knowing how long would that be.
My local dealer just informed me of an available one. The package and installation are not ideal but I'm open to all, have to be flexible. But the color is Cadmium Orange.
Now the dilemma is whether to take this orange one?

My major concerns are two:
1. Cadmium Orange does look fancy. It's no bad at all. But is it too show off? Would that be too much?
2. This car is for both my husband and me. I'm a woman, but how is the orange color reflected upon a male driver? (yes, I should ask my husband's thoughts and I have. He is so nice and wants the car to work the best for me. But, I also want a color that works well for him. So, Lexus owners here, I'm trying to pick your brains here in the forum.)

So far we only had a white Toyota in the past. So, experience is limited to both of us.

If there are any other things that should be taken into consideration? Please comment. Any idea would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 12-02-22, 04:03 AM
Dino2K
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome to the forums, I was on a similar boat same as you and Lexus told me my 350H (Cloudburst) with Executive package won’t be ready for another 4 months and I ended up getting the Atomic Silver with Ultra Luxury. You mentioned 350H which I don’t think comes in Orange as I believe that’s for the F Sport gas model not for the Hybrid model unless it doesn’t matter to you.
As far as the exterior colour Orange, I actually think it looks cool and it’s not a show off imo, as long as you and your husband likes it that’s all it matters. Another note is that I love the ride of this NX350H more than our RX350, it rides much more smoother and has better fuel economy. Wish you all the best with your decision!!!

Last edited by Dino2K; 12-02-22 at 04:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
pro001 (12-04-22)
Old 12-02-22, 04:24 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

I would go with what you really want and feel comfortable with. You will be happier 3 years down the line when you have the color you wanted
The following 4 users liked this post by Lexus22563:
Doug007 (12-03-22), Freds430 (12-02-22), redhot47fl (12-02-22), zanewyn (12-06-22)
Old 12-02-22, 05:05 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,132 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus22563
I would go with what you really want and feel comfortable with. You will be happier 3 years down the line when you have the color you wanted
Patience is a virtue. $50,000 is a lot of money to spend on something that you are not sure of the color. Thinking the fact the OP is asking about the color they are not sure which leads me to agreeing with your post. Variety is the spice of life. It would be boring if every vehicle was only our favorite colors. Now pro001 this is only my opinion. I think the orange is cool because being different but driving and looking at it everyday I would get tired of it fast. To the OP let us know what you do!!

Last edited by Freds430; 12-02-22 at 05:48 AM.
pro001 (12-04-22)
Old 12-02-22, 06:07 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

I guess I can take this one. I own a 450h+ Cadmium Orange F-Sport. I'm male and I love the colour. I would admit that the car will stand out in the crowd since a lot of car owners prefer gray, black or white. But my previous car was the Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 which is the blue. So I am use to having sharper colors.

The orange in fact changes colour based on the lighting available. It can become a matte finish when there is no sun and brightens up with sunshine. Keep in mind most of the time you are inside and you won't be able to see the color yourself. I feel the gray, black and white are boring cos all cars are that colour. If you picked white, you may park beside another white NX in the future and you'll need to figure out which one is yours.

As all said, you need to be comfortable with it and that is the most important thing.

The following 4 users liked this post by lsft:
anoop (12-05-22), blueless (12-02-22), FreddyG (06-23-24), LStoneX (12-02-22)
Old 12-02-22, 06:49 AM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts

Orange is the best color. I had to settle for blue, the 2nd best
Color is a very subjective topic, so it's really your personal taste. I will advise that you NOT worry about what other people think.
The following 2 users liked this post by blueless:
mike995134 (12-03-22), pro001 (12-04-22)
Old 12-02-22, 08:19 AM
RKF350
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 65 Posts

Is Cadmium Orange the same orange that they used on the Toyota Tacoma?

I see very few Gen 2 NXs where I am and have yet to see Cadmium Orange.

Looks fantastic in the pictures.
Old 12-02-22, 08:50 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Cadmium orange is available in the 350h model. I actually test drove one. I have a hard time calling the color orange. It looked dull and ugly to me. I would never buy that color. In a few years you will stand out like a sore thumb. my 2 cents.
Old 12-02-22, 09:16 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Cadmium orange is available in the 350h model. I actually test drove one. I have a hard time calling the color orange. It looked dull and ugly to me. I would never buy that color. In a few years you will stand out like a sore thumb. my 2 cents.
Must be a dull day that day...
Old 12-02-22, 09:20 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by RKF350
Is Cadmium Orange the same orange that they used on the Toyota Tacoma?

I see very few Gen 2 NXs where I am and have yet to see Cadmium Orange.

Looks fantastic in the pictures.
No the Tacoma color is called Solar Octane Pearl which is color code: 4W5
Cadmium Orange is 4Y1 also called Blazing Carnelian Contras in Europe and Australia
Old 12-02-22, 02:39 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

Put yourself mentally in the position you would be in three days or three weeks after you come home with the cadmium orange.

You open up the door to your garage and you see it. Are you really happy or do you think, 'Dang, why did I do that?'

I'm not lobbying one way or the other. Color preferences are so individual.

But I've been around awhile and on the horns of a similar dilemma, and I've found that the three day/three week test is an excellent leading indicator for a go or no-go decision.
pro001 (12-04-22)
Old 12-02-22, 03:07 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 566 Likes on 375 Posts
Cool Cadmium Orange3

Cadmium Orange is one of the two great Lexus NX Colors

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 12-02-22, 03:17 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 566 Likes on 375 Posts
Thumbs up Lsft nice looking car

Originally Posted by lsft
I guess I can take this one. I own a 450h+ Cadmium Orange F-Sport. I'm male and I love the colour. I would admit that the car will stand out in the crowd since a lot of car owners prefer gray, black or white. But my previous car was the Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 which is the blue. So I am use to having sharper colors.

The orange in fact changes colour based on the lighting available. It can become a matte finish when there is no sun and brightens up with sunshine. Keep in mind most of the time you are inside and you won't be able to see the color yourself. I feel the gray, black and white are boring cos all cars are that colour. If you picked white, you may park beside another white NX in the future and you'll need to figure out which one is yours.

As all said, you need to be comfortable with it and that is the most important thing.

@lsft very nice looking car man and thanks for all your videos, tips, and help

YMMV,
MdCow3
lsft (12-02-22)
Old 12-02-22, 04:16 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by blueless
Orange is the best color. I had to settle for blue, the 2nd best
Color is a very subjective topic, so it's really your personal taste. I will advise that you NOT worry about what other people think.
And now you're no longer blueless😜 You should change your handle... Maybe to blueful🤣🤣🤣

I'm the reverse though. Grecian Water is the best 2NX colour and Cadmium Orange is the second best😁
The following 2 users liked this post by LStoneX:
blueless (12-06-22), lsft (12-02-22)
Old 12-02-22, 11:08 PM
pro001
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Patience is a virtue. $50,000 is a lot of money to spend on something that you are not sure of the color. Thinking the fact the OP is asking about the color they are not sure which leads me to agreeing with your post. Variety is the spice of life. It would be boring if every vehicle was only our favorite colors. Now pro001 this is only my opinion. I think the orange is cool because being different but driving and looking at it everyday I would get tired of it fast. To the OP let us know what you do!!
Thanks for your input! I'll probably take it. Will post photos when it arrives.

Quick Reply: 350H Color - How is Cadmium Orange?