Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Hybrid battery screen question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-22, 02:46 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Hybrid battery screen question

Assume when the lines are blue and going in both directions, this means the battery is charging and when the lines are orange, they are discharging or not charging?
Old 12-15-22, 03:07 PM
watmind
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

My interpretation is that the blue lines from the wheels to the battery indicate charging. The orange lines indicate that the battery is providing some if not all the power. And the more reddish orange lines (also the engine block changes from grey to orange) show that the engine is on and providing power.
Old 12-15-22, 03:54 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by watmind
My interpretation is that the blue lines from the wheels to the battery indicate charging. The orange lines indicate that the battery is providing some if not all the power. And the more reddish orange lines (also the engine block changes from grey to orange) show that the engine is on and providing power.
thanks, yeah, I just filled up and got 30 miles to the gallon and I drive as conservatively as I can without being run over by every other car on the street.

I just won’t flip over to battery as often as I know other cars do because I’ve had experience with other cars like this, so it’s really frustrating.
Old 12-15-22, 06:23 PM
watmind
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I’ve only got about 300 kms on my car and averaging 6.8 L/100km which is about 34 mpg in mix of city/hwy. The best I got was a 10km trip all city at 5.5 L/100km. But it is winter here in Ontario.

My question is that I’ve never got to a full battery. Is this normal?? The battery has 8 bars and it’s always in the 3-5 bar range, never less and and never more. Does the battery ever get charged to full?
Old 12-15-22, 06:31 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by watmind
I’ve only got about 300 kms on my car and averaging 6.8 L/100km which is about 34 mpg in mix of city/hwy. The best I got was a 10km trip all city at 5.5 L/100km. But it is winter here in Ontario.

My question is that I’ve never got to a full battery. Is this normal?? The battery has 8 bars and it’s always in the 3-5 bar range, never less and and never more. Does the battery ever get charged to full?
Same with mine, the issue isn’t necessarily that vague estimate of battery charge. It’s how often your car will go onto the battery at the lower speeds. If you’re feathering the gas and the road is relatively flat it should be on the battery much of the time under 35 to 37 mph.

I had to use a loaner for a week that was a 2022 NX 350 H, and it had 18 inch wheels and on the exact same trip that loaner got 45 MPG and mine got 35 MPG, exact same trip, time of day, same traffic and driving technique but I have 20 inch wheels and I can’t believe it makes that big of a difference.

tire pressure matters also, I have 36 in each tire and the loaner had 34, the higher the tire pressure the better the mileage.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 12-15-22 at 06:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Doug007 (12-15-22)