Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Having issues with NX 350H and android auto

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-22, 08:22 PM
smlex350h
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having issues with NX 350H and android auto

Hi everyone, new owner of NX350H 2023 here. Loving everything about my new car except random connection issue with android auto. I usually keep my phone (s21 ultra) plugged in via USB (usb a to usb c) even though wireless android auto is enabled as well.

Problem is, my phone gets disconnected every now and then. Plugging and unplugging USB usually fixes the issue but sometimes even that doesn't work, (even restarting my phone doesn't work). Only after turning on and off the car, I can get android auto to work again.

Any ideas? Any tweak I can try? Softwares (both phone and car) are updated.

Thanks
Old 01-01-23, 12:47 AM
Mrnovanova
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by smlex350h
Hi everyone, new owner of NX350H 2023 here. Loving everything about my new car except random connection issue with android auto. I usually keep my phone (s21 ultra) plugged in via USB (usb a to usb c) even though wireless android auto is enabled as well.

Problem is, my phone gets disconnected every now and then. Plugging and unplugging USB usually fixes the issue but sometimes even that doesn't work, (even restarting my phone doesn't work). Only after turning on and off the car, I can get android auto to work again.

Any ideas? Any tweak I can try? Softwares (both phone and car) are updated.

Thanks
That's an ongoing issue. Instead of turning your car off you can just long press the volume button for about to seconds. That'll do a soft reboot of your head unit. The lady at my local Lexus told me they're waiting for an update. Right now it's a bit of a ***** show.
Old 01-01-23, 01:43 AM
SenorValas
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 31 Posts

I have had no issues with wired Android Auto in my NX350h - works perfectly every time.

Do you get the same issues when you go with wireless Android Auto? The reason I ask is that the problem may be due to your cable being damaged slightly and not always facilitating a good connection between the phone and the USB port. Maybe try a different cable?
Old 01-01-23, 09:24 PM
smlex350h
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SenorValas
I have had no issues with wired Android Auto in my NX350h - works perfectly every time.

Do you get the same issues when you go with wireless Android Auto? The reason I ask is that the problem may be due to your cable being damaged slightly and not always facilitating a good connection between the phone and the USB port. Maybe try a different cable?
I have faced the same issue when I tried going totally wireless as well. I have tried 3 different cables, and faced the issue with each one of them.
Old 01-01-23, 10:46 PM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

no issues with wired (granted probably less than 10x total) as i use wireless. only ran into issues few times on wireless where it timed out and just reconnected my phone via lexus settings screen with my pixel 6 and 7 phones

samsung has a lot of weird software issues with their phones i find when i used to use the galaxy S series and aggressive memory management and weird things they do via BT and wifi sometimes. maybe try to have android auto never get pushed to backbground and killed in the settings for the app/?

otherwise, long push volume button to restart infotainment can help.
The following users liked this post:
smlex350h (01-01-23)
Old 01-05-23, 07:27 AM
gwang267
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have random drops with mine both wired and wireless. its a known issue and not just with Lexus, Audi has a similar issue from what Ive read. But like others have said, long press the volume button solves it 99% of the time