Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

2023 nx350h vs 2023 rx350h

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-23, 11:35 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by anoop
Can you say more about the difference in seats between RX and NX? They look very similar in pictures.

I’ve been waiting for an NX 350h since last August but I’m picky about White/Palomino/Luxury especially since they are asking for markup on hybrids. I take it you’re not getting Luxury because that comes with 20” wheels. The 2 things I don’t like about the NX have to do with tires — I don’t like the 20” wheels just because I want a nicer interior and I don’t like that they use run flat tires.

I don’t see any of the doom that some folks are calling for playing out in the new car market since supply is very constrained. The prices of regular new cars didn’t move up like for EVs.

If you are looking for regular hybrid in a luxury SUV, I don’t think there’s any other choice.

The RDX Advance should have a slightly better suspension for bad roads. Not sure which trim you tried before.
I sat in both RX and NX hybrid and test drove both last week at the dealer here in the SF bay area. The RX's seats feel wider than the NX. More legroom and shoulder room in the RX for sure. The NX rear seats are more upright compares to the RX. The RX is quieter, steering feels lighter. The RX was on 19"s and NX on 18"s.
My wife is 5'5" and feels completely OK with the NX and the price difference the way we spec it is around $11K.
Old 02-14-23, 12:55 PM
TheRas900
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsc4
I sat in both RX and NX hybrid and test drove both last week at the dealer here in the SF bay area. The RX's seats feel wider than the NX. More legroom and shoulder room in the RX for sure. The NX rear seats are more upright compares to the RX. The RX is quieter, steering feels lighter. The RX was on 19"s and NX on 18"s.
My wife is 5'5" and feels completely OK with the NX and the price difference the way we spec it is around $11K.
Exactly this - the NX seats are more narrow due to the bolsters, the RX seats are wider since they lack such bolsters. I agree with your other comments also.
Old 03-16-23, 09:27 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Finally able to secure a 2024 NX350H, no price change from 2023. This is a base model with all the options my wife wants, moonroof, power rear door and heated steering wheel, plus some other minor accessories. Dealers agreed to MSRP only ,no markup and no forced add ons. Should arrive the dealer by mid April.
only thing is all black interior, which she is ok with. I kinda like the red interior.

The only thing is this dealer is in S. Cal and I am in the SF Bay Area. Gotta fly down and drive it back……weekend trip I guess. Seems like all the SF Bay Area dealers are getting Premium and Luxury packages.

Last edited by lexsc4; 03-20-23 at 11:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
anoop (03-16-23)
Old 03-17-23, 12:19 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Wife bought a 2023 pearl white with the palomino interior in December. This January friend bought your exact color combo. IMO both are incredibly attractive. Both I installed the puddle lights in the doors and trunk. Washed and sealed with Adams Graphene ceramic advanced spray. The shine is incredible. Reviews on Youtube are great with a two year durability. I will do every six months. Takes less the 30 minutes. Wipe on let dry for 2-3 minutes and wipe off.
@Freds430 I pick my 23 450h+ up 12-15 April. I already have the Adam's Polishes Graphene Ceramic Coating to apply. Did you have to do any paint correction or buffing before applying the Spray? I have the Iron Remover and everything ready to go. I've done my last 4 cars with the Spray and figured I'd put the Coating on the NX 450h+. Just curious how you thought about the application. Was it an easy apply or a lot of areas that were a pain in the butt?
Old 03-17-23, 01:27 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,132 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtLip
@Freds430 I pick my 23 450h+ up 12-15 April. I already have the Adam's Polishes Graphene Ceramic Coating to apply. Did you have to do any paint correction or buffing before applying the Spray? I have the Iron Remover and everything ready to go. I've done my last 4 cars with the Spray and figured I'd put the Coating on the NX 450h+. Just curious how you thought about the application. Was it an easy apply or a lot of areas that were a pain in the butt?
No paint correction. NX was a week old and paint looked good. A quick clay bar might be a good idea because the Adams spray is like WD-40 not abrasive at all and will not take spots off. Easy to apply. I usually do two panels at a time. And then I wipe it off. They say don't let it sit on for more than 2 to 3 minutes. Be very careful when you remove it. You can't rub it buff it enough. Almost always I'll miss a spot or two. Good idea to get it out after you do it into sunlight to see and get it eye level if you missed any spots. If you do you can always go back over it with Adam spray and it will buff it into the paint with no problem. Apply with a back and forth motion not circular. I bought a paint correction flashlight that's incredibly bright just for the next time I do it to make sure I don't leave any spots. Reviewers on YouTube say it will last 2 years. I'll do mine every 6 months because it is so easy. I can do a whole vehicle in 30 minutes. Incredible shine and beading.

Last edited by Freds430; 03-17-23 at 01:47 PM.
SgtLip (03-17-23)
Old 03-21-23, 11:33 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Freds430

No paint correction. NX was a week old and paint looked good. A quick clay bar might be a good idea because the Adams spray is like WD-40 not abrasive at all and will not take spots off. Easy to apply. I usually do two panels at a time. And then I wipe it off. They say don't let it sit on for more than 2 to 3 minutes. Be very careful when you remove it. You can't rub it buff it enough. Almost always I'll miss a spot or two. Good idea to get it out after you do it into sunlight to see and get it eye level if you missed any spots. If you do you can always go back over it with Adam spray and it will buff it into the paint with no problem. Apply with a back and forth motion not circular. I bought a paint correction flashlight that's incredibly bright just for the next time I do it to make sure I don't leave any spots. Reviewers on YouTube say it will last 2 years. I'll do mine every 6 months because it is so easy. I can do a whole vehicle in 30 minutes. Incredible shine and beading.
On my 2017 ES350 I use Klasse All In One every 6 months (before hot summer and rainy winter). I park on my driveway 365 (Wife gets the whole garage and I get less dings . After every car wash, I do a Klasse High Gloss Sealant mixture with Meguiar's quick detailer (4oz Klasse HGS to 16oz Quick Detailer ratio). This process has been good for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by lexsc4:
LStoneX (03-21-23), SgtLip (03-21-23)
Old 06-14-23, 10:18 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Interesting question and comparison. Sorry you lost your RX. Personally between NX and RX, if the RX is current (newest) generation, I'd go for RX because it seems roomier. but if you want something nimble, pick the NX.

So in case anyone is comparing NX to RX, you can check out these specs I put together here for some popular SUVs. I created this little specs comparison a while ago for my own personal shopping. For me, safety & roominess was important. so may be helpful to some comparing both cars! Hope this helps you and your journey. Let us know which you pick. Can't go wrong with either RX or NX choices i'd say. Personally I like the way the RX looks on the streets vs. the NX.

Old 06-14-23, 10:38 AM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

So Tesla wins in terms of safety and performance?
E46CT (06-14-23)
Old 06-14-23, 10:41 AM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts
Wink sneaky

Originally Posted by E46CT
snipped
LOL, i see what you did there
Old 06-14-23, 10:43 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Interesting question and comparison. Sorry you lost your RX. Personally between NX and RX, if the RX is current (newest) generation, I'd go for RX because it seems roomier. but if you want something nimble, pick the NX.

So in case anyone is comparing NX to RX, you can check out these specs I put together here for some popular SUVs. I created this little specs comparison a while ago for my own personal shopping. For me, safety & roominess was important. so may be helpful to some comparing both cars! Hope this helps you and your journey. Let us know which you pick. Can't go wrong with either RX or NX choices i'd say. Personally I like the way the RX looks on the streets vs. the NX.

Nice. these are the exact three vehicles I crossed shopped with, plus the Toyota Venza Limited.
My wife's top picked was RX350h, NX350h, Venza Limted and MYLR, in that order.
The RX is really nice, interior material/quality, quietness.....but at $64K OTD
The NX is smaller, interior acceptable, no spare tire...., $52K OTD
The Venza is very similar to the NX, $48K OTD, the $4K difference I chose the NX over it.
Wife wants nothing to do with Tesla for some reason, ain't gonna argue with her.

Long story short, it was between the RX and NX, wrote the $52K check on a 24 NXh. So far 1.4K miles and nothing but good thing to say, love the 500+ miles per tank.
Old 06-14-23, 10:58 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Other than the Y taking a bit of trip planning, it's been excellent for me. Chargers everywhere. But if you do long trips often, a gas car is hard to beat.

Glad you are enjoying the NXh. =)

Old 06-14-23, 10:59 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blueless
LOL, i see what you did there
haha i don't get it?? Yes it's a cut and paste from a little spreadsheet i made with the specs. i did the same for ES vs. other cars too.
Old 06-14-23, 11:10 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Other than the Y taking a bit of trip planning, it's been excellent for me. Chargers everywhere. But if you do long trips often, a gas car is hard to beat.

Glad you are enjoying the NXh. =)
My next car will be EV for sure. Would like to keep at least a ICE car in the household for longer trips without having to deal with charging.
I am really hoping Lexus will bring us a 300+ miles EV in the next few years (which I doubt), my son will most likely take my 17 ES350 in a few years during college.
If Lexus EV don't come through, I am thinking a low mileage 2YO Porsche Taycan or a Tesla MS, I just can't see myself writing a $110K+ check on a car, $80K is max.
E46CT (06-15-23)
Old 06-14-23, 12:53 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 238 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsc4
Nice. these are the exact three vehicles I crossed shopped with, plus the Toyota Venza Limited.
My wife's top picked was RX350h, NX350h, Venza Limted and MYLR, in that order.
The RX is really nice, interior material/quality, quietness.....but at $64K OTD
The NX is smaller, interior acceptable, no spare tire...., $52K OTD
The Venza is very similar to the NX, $48K OTD, the $4K difference I chose the NX over it.
Wife wants nothing to do with Tesla for some reason, ain't gonna argue with her.

Long story short, it was between the RX and NX, wrote the $52K check on a 24 NXh. So far 1.4K miles and nothing but good thing to say, love the 500+ miles per tank.
I think your wife is very smart, keep her close (LOL).

Old 06-14-23, 07:17 PM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by fieldrt
Hello
I also looked at the RX while we waited for our NX 350h (Atomic Silver/Executive - Canada), but could not justify the extra money for the RX. This is my first Lexus and I am so happy with the NX now that we have it (picked up the car on Nov 18 after waiting 5 months). I recently drove the 2022 RX (loaner vehicle from the dealership) and it was nothing like the NX; though maybe the 2023 RX is much improved over the 2022. I really like the nimble feel of the NX. It is a lot of fun to drive. I have never bought a top of the line trim package but with the Lexus I have not been disappointed. Like someone else mentioned if run flat tires are an issue or you need the additional space, the RX is likely better but otherwise the NX is very nice. My one major issue (and I have heard rumours there is an update coming) is the wireless Car Play/Android Auto. Rebooting the head unit is a regular occurrence on the NX (but I suspect the RX may suffer the same issues since I think they share the same head end unit).
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Toby
Strange enough, for my 2022, NX, I've had to reboot head unit less than a handful of times and android auto works pretty much 95% of time on first try , sometimes I have to go into settings and make sure BT is connected to phone but thats it

What phone are you using? I use pixel 6 and 7
E46CT (06-15-23)

Quick Reply: 2023 nx350h vs 2023 rx350h