Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

NX 350h Production numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-23, 09:51 AM
romer
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts
Default NX 350h Production numbers?

It appears there have been almost zero 350h allocations to my dealer in recent weeks. It seems there may be a pause in production while transferring needed parts to other model production, e.g. RX. I'm wondering if any of you know if your dealers have been receiving 350h allocations in recent weeks? I saw this recently for Europe and fear it may be an approach being followed for us too: "In the UK, one of the biggest European markets for Lexus, customers are being warned on the brand's consumer website that 2023 production of the full-hybrid NX 350h is sold out and that order books are closed."
Old 01-06-23, 01:24 PM
isaacsow
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by romer
It appears there have been almost zero 350h allocations to my dealer in recent weeks. It seems there may be a pause in production while transferring needed parts to other model production, e.g. RX. I'm wondering if any of you know if your dealers have been receiving 350h allocations in recent weeks? I saw this recently for Europe and fear it may be an approach being followed for us too: "In the UK, one of the biggest European markets for Lexus, customers are being warned on the brand's consumer website that 2023 production of the full-hybrid NX 350h is sold out and that order books are closed."
I was just notified two days ago that my NX 350h had just gotten built at the Canada plant. Expected to arrive at the dealer in about 2 weeks.
The following users liked this post:
romer (01-06-23)
Old 01-06-23, 01:54 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts
Default This NX is the new Lexus cash cow

I would assume that with the rising inflationary pressures, the new NX is going to probably outsell the RX for the first time since its debut. A combination of the loss of the V6 engine, the heavier vehicle, the same powertrain as found in the NX and the same technology at a lower price is what I think will drive this trend.

I may be wrong and I've got no crystal ball, but... We skills have some relevant data by midyear.

Anyone know what sales figures for the NX last year was?

Last edited by LStoneX; 01-06-23 at 09:01 PM.
gcskoor (01-06-23)
Old 01-06-23, 02:39 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by LStoneX
I would assume that with the rising inflationary pressures, the new NX is going to probably ourselves the RX for the first time since its debut. A combination of the loss of the V6 engine, the heavier vehicle, the same powertrain as found in the NX and the same technology at a lower price is what I think will drive this trend.

I may be wrong and I've got no crystal ball, but... We skills have some relevant data by midyear.

The following 2 users liked this post by lsft:
LStoneX (01-06-23), romer (01-06-23)
Old 01-06-23, 02:52 PM
anniedrea
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I was browsing through a few dealership inventories and noticed a lot of the NXs are being delivered without ML, pano roofs, or pano cameras. Is the chip shortage that bad?? (I already have my car, for the record - just still plugged into the struggle lol)
Old 01-06-23, 02:55 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

@lsft thanks for these videos. I just posted this comment when I saw your video in my YT feed. I'll go watch it now for some insights. But it'll be hard to see the RX outselling the NX going forward... At least for now till Lexus get a handle on their fully electric car production circa 2025.
Old 01-06-23, 07:40 PM
romer
Intermediate

My dealer received 5 NX 350h in today's allocation. None were mine. Interestingly 4 of the 5 were Luxury packages and one Premier. But it alleviates my concern about NX 350h production. Now my wait continues until I get the car I'm after. Thanks to those who have responded to this thread. Very helpful.
Old 01-07-23, 04:59 PM
romer
Intermediate

So I really wanted the Rioja Red interior. But my first choice exterior was Cloudburst Gray. Premier package. My sales guy called yesterday with a Cloudburst Gray w/Black NuLuxe and I passed on it. As I thought about it overnight, Black interior would have been my second color choice. Plus--this car in the allocation is Premier Package--which I wanted. I didn't want the pano-roof. Wanted the 18' wheels. But it has lots of other goodies. E.G. The Head-up display. !4 inch display. Heated steering wheel. Auto cargo door. De-Ice wiper and interior quick heat. The card key and all that (I didn't need it). And so on. So I figured getting a Premier with so much of what I want, and not knowing when something Rioja would come my way, I took the plunge. Feb. 13 build date. Then however long for delivery. Hard to believe but I'm very pleased today.
Old 01-11-23, 02:56 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

I know the demand for the 350h is there as my dealer told me a month or two ago it is like a 9 month wait
Old 01-11-23, 07:37 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,132 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by LStoneX
I would assume that with the rising inflationary pressures, the new NX is going to probably outsell the RX for the first time since its debut. A combination of the loss of the V6 engine, the heavier vehicle, the same powertrain as found in the NX and the same technology at a lower price is what I think will drive this trend.

We just recevied our 2023 NX 350h. While at the dealer they had a 2023 RX 350 that I sat in. Interior is nicer but exterior I like the NX better. I agree with you that the second generation NX when supply issues are solved could very well out sell the RX. The RX last year was the #1 selling gasoline luxury selling SUV. The BMW X5 was second and 45% less sales units. Last year in the US the RX sold 115,000 units and the NX 58,000. The NX was Lexus's second best selling model.
Old 01-11-23, 12:02 PM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Lexus is focusing on the new RX at the moment, and thus is shifting most of the microchips and other key components to that vehicle. Most dealers will have gotten very few NX models allocated to them in the last month or so. Will see allocation for the NX resume to more normal levels in the spring.
Old 01-11-23, 01:00 PM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
Lexus is focusing on the new RX at the moment, and thus is shifting most of the microchips and other key components to that vehicle. Most dealers will have gotten very few NX models allocated to them in the last month or so. Will see allocation for the NX resume to more normal levels in the spring.
Sources of this information?
Old 01-11-23, 01:57 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 238 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
We just recevied our 2023 NX 350h. While at the dealer they had a 2023 RX 350 that I sat in. Interior is nicer but exterior I like the NX better. I agree with you that the second generation NX when supply issues are solved could very well out sell the RX. The RX last year was the #1 selling gasoline luxury selling SUV. The BMW X5 was second and 45% less sales units. Last year in the US the RX sold 115,000 units and the NX 58,000. The NX was Lexus's second best selling model.
I too agree with you. Have been looking into both and still can't justify the ~9K differential in price. With the same powertrain in a heavier vehicle, just doesn't compute for me.
gcskoor (01-11-23)
Old 01-11-23, 02:07 PM
SpecialFX9
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
Does this apply to the NX 450h+ or mostly the 250 and 350 models?