Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2023 up RX model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other fifth generation RX models.

RX350h MPG

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-23, 12:48 PM
maormaor
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About 1/8 left. Since it displays the low-fuel message at that point, I didn't wait until the bar reduced to zero...
Old 02-13-23, 01:07 PM
CCTX
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Hmmm. What is the avg mpg so far?
Old 02-13-23, 01:12 PM
maormaor
4th Gear

So far it has 780 miles with two full tanks of gas. Average MPG shows 31.5.
Old 02-13-23, 01:47 PM
CCTX
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Please see post #19 by RS91. It may explain the situation here.
Old 02-13-23, 02:02 PM
maormaor
4th Gear

Originally Posted by CCTX
Please see post #19 by RS91. It may explain the situation here.
Just saw that. Very clear explanation. Thanks guys!
Old 02-15-23, 08:35 PM
jglorioso
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 14 gallons

I don't believe that there would be a 4-5 gallon reserve on any car. Mine took only about 12 gallons when I was some ways into the bottom box on the fuel level indicator. Distance to empty seems to be accurate and really indicate when your tank is nearly empty. I think the US Lexus data is off (to include the Owner's Manuals). There's no way that this car holds 17 gallons.

Here's a spec url from a Canadian site that shows the tank to be 14 gallons on an RX350h.

https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/make...ications/350h/

Old 02-15-23, 08:57 PM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

Received 276 Likes on 197 Posts

The tank is 65 liters. That is 14 Imperial gallons and 17.2 US gallons. Oh, and the SAE standard for fuel tanks is +/- 10% IIRC
The following users liked this post:
jglorioso (02-15-23)
Old 02-15-23, 09:18 PM
jglorioso
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for that. I totally missed the conversion. It's really hard to believe that they'd have a 4-5 gal reserve though. That's nearly 1/3 of the whole tank.
Old 02-23-23, 06:32 PM
Goone
2nd gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hi there,
Follow your instruction but my car won't show anything like that, I have luxury model
Old 02-24-23, 09:53 AM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Goone
Hi there,
Follow your instruction but my car won't show anything like that, I have luxury model
The screen in the above post is only shown when you turn the car off and do not have any doors open. If there is a door open, including the back door, this message will be covered up by the open door message. I was just showing off one of my best mpg trips. Hope that is what you are asking.
Old 02-24-23, 01:25 PM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Dhill
My best trip mpg for my RX 350h (almost 45 days old). It was a rainy day in Los Angeles, so speeds were slow (40 to 60 mph) and 90% on freeway.

damn at 47mpg!
Old 03-11-23, 11:59 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

When the gauge shows empty, there should be about 2 gallons, plus or minus, left in the tank.
Old 03-13-23, 05:49 PM
tedward155
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
When the gauge shows empty, there should be about 2 gallons, plus or minus, left in the tank.
The owner's manual states that the warning light comes on when there are 2.6 gallons of fuel left.
FMY421 (03-24-23)
Old 03-19-23, 05:55 PM
Hefty
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

I am getting around 35-36 mpg in coastal NC with generally 6 mile one way trips driving a combination of 55 mph and 35 mph. I do drive very conservatively. I had one 200 mile trip driving freeway speeds (55 mpg-70mph) the whole trip where I got 36 mpg. Have 1500 miles on the vehicle so far. I perform a miles driven/gallons put into vehicle each time and compare it to the mpg the vehicle computes. In some cases my computation is 1-2 mpg less than the vehicle computation, in some cases my computation is 1-2 mpg more than the vehicle computation. As such, I think the vehicle computation is relatively accurate. Because of fuel flow, weather conditions, etc., there is no way for any of us to confirm our manual calculations are 100% accurate. I know if I fill it up each time I’m getting close to a full tank, but I have no way of telling if that level is 1/4 to 1/2 gallon more or less than my last fill up. I am resetting the current and historical trip information each trip.

I have never paid any attention to distance to empty on any of my vehicles. That computation is impacted significantly by your last trip. So if you made a 10 mile trip where you got 5 mpg, but you get 35 mpg on your other trips, the distance to empty will drop significantly because of your 5 mpg trip. It is amazing the number of people who tell me how many miles they get on a tank of gas (distance to empty) when I ask them what their mpg is. Means absolutely nothing to me. I fill up at 1/2 tank or occasionally at 1/4 tank. That’s easy for me to do now because I’m retired, but I’ve never waited for the low fuel light or a certain number of mile to empty to fill up. I know others do, but never made any sense to me.
Old 03-19-23, 06:25 PM
tedward155
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Hefty
I am getting around 35-36 mpg in coastal NC with generally 6 mile one way trips driving a combination of 55 mph and 35 mph. I do drive very conservatively. I had one 200 mile trip driving freeway speeds (55 mpg-70mph) the whole trip where I got 36 mpg. Have 1500 miles on the vehicle so far. I perform a miles driven/gallons put into vehicle each time and compare it to the mpg the vehicle computes. In some cases my computation is 1-2 mpg less than the vehicle computation, in some cases my computation is 1-2 mpg more than the vehicle computation. As such, I think the vehicle computation is relatively accurate. Because of fuel flow, weather conditions, etc., there is no way for any of us to confirm our manual calculations are 100% accurate. I know if I fill it up each time I’m getting close to a full tank, but I have no way of telling if that level is 1/4 to 1/2 gallon more or less than my last fill up. I am resetting the current and historical trip information each trip.

I have never paid any attention to distance to empty on any of my vehicles. That computation is impacted significantly by your last trip. So if you made a 10 mile trip where you got 5 mpg, but you get 35 mpg on your other trips, the distance to empty will drop significantly because of your 5 mpg trip. It is amazing the number of people who tell me how many miles they get on a tank of gas (distance to empty) when I ask them what their mpg is. Means absolutely nothing to me. I fill up at 1/2 tank or occasionally at 1/4 tank. That’s easy for me to do now because I’m retired, but I’ve never waited for the low fuel light or a certain number of mile to empty to fill up. I know others do, but never made any sense to me.
I'm with you on the accuracy of your own computation versus what the car reports. I can pretty much ensure that I'm replacing fuel for fuel when I make sure to "top off" each time I fill up. Close enough. Also retired. As such, I don't drive much. Bought the car on 1/25 and as of today I have 329 miles on the odo. I just crept up over 34 mpg according to the car. I topped off the full tank the day after purchase and reset trip A & B to 0. I'll fill up next week when I reach half tank and have my first self calculation. I'm sure my mpg will improve as I break the car in. But, anything in excess of 450 per tank is gravy for me. I love driving right past gas stations and knowing I don't even have to worry about visiting one more than once a month. Retirement is nice!
jollick (03-31-23)

Quick Reply: RX350h MPG