IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

2-Position Memory Driver's Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-03, 03:38 AM
G2FAST
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-Position Memory Driver's Seat

I own a 2k1 and the new 2k4 comes with the two-position memory driver's seat. Is it possible and how would I apply that great option to my IS300? Does any one have any idea on the $$$?
Old 10-31-03, 03:48 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

Default $$

it will probably cost a lot.

i saw this on the is300.net site when they reviewed the new 2004 model.

"A memory seat option is now available and the buttons were put next to the coin holder slot left of the steering column. But don't get your hopes up previous model year owners, we don't currently foresee a way to retrofit the memory seats without shelling out some bucks for a control module unit. We will definitely work on it though, because hey, memory seats are cool."

read full article here
Old 10-31-03, 10:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah it won't be easy at all
Old 10-31-03, 08:07 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Henry, just go talk to Elizabeth. She'll have something for you.
Old 10-31-03, 10:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by flipside909
Henry, just go talk to Elizabeth. She'll have something for you.
what, you know something that's in my favor?
Old 11-04-03, 07:51 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Reply to 2001 IS300 memory seat retrofit

Does anybody know why the memory seats weren't offered on the 2001's to start with? Or the stability control? Or the navigation system? Or the full-leather package? Or the MANUAL TRANSMISSION?
Looks like Lexus made some marketing goofs here, and they have quietly admitted as such by now making these things available.
Old 11-04-03, 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Reply to 2001 IS300 memory seat retrofit

Originally posted by mmarshall
Does anybody know why the memory seats weren't offered on the 2001's to start with? Or the stability control? Or the navigation system? Or the full-leather package? Or the MANUAL TRANSMISSION?
Looks like Lexus made some marketing goofs here, and they have quietly admitted as such by now making these things available.
the altezza was never meant to be a luxury car, it is a street sport race car in japan. when toyota brought it over to the US, they decided to put it under lexus, and they were so rush with the project and also the fact that they have to make the car "somewhat" luxury, they threw in stuff here and there. so it's not surprising that some of those feather were missing. they got the lesson how much they should have put in the car that's why over the yrs you see stuff adding to the car more and more. go talk to a guy who really knows about car, and ask him to take a look inside the is3. they will say that the car isn't well designed in terms of structure. on the is3, a lot of stuff are more like "oops, missed it, umm.... let's squeeze it in here" etc...
Old 11-05-03, 12:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Default Re: Reply to 2001 IS300 memory seat retrofit

It's not marketing goofs at all. It's called...testing the market for popularity. With the huge popularity the car has gotten since it's introduction here in the states, Lexus slowly implemented those options one at a time. Since the whole IS300 introduction to the states, it has been definitely more than a success for Lexus and Toyota as a whole. It's not some sales flop that Acura and Infiniti has experienced on several of their own models. That's why Lexus is where it's at today....they are a benchmark. Hence once again, your lack of marketing skills. Something you need to decipher with your so called "consulting" skills.

Last edited by flipside909; 11-05-03 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-06-03, 04:40 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Reply to flipside

True, Lexus is a benchmark, but not because of marketing. They are where they are because they simply BUILD a higher quality and more refined car than the German competition....and don't charge any more for it. Witness the dropping build quality on recent BMW's and especially Mercedes products. Fifteen years ago Mercedes ranked #1 on most quality surveys. Today it is 23'rd. BMW is almost as bad. We're talking general quality, not safety....Mercedes and Volvo still excel in safety features.
Acura build quality is the equal of Lexus but their cars are not as refined, especially in the powerrtrains.
Infiniti also has the Lexus quality record but, I'm sure you've noticed....( I say that because, like me, you obviously are educated and an auto person who knows his/her stuff )..... their interiors, like other Nissans, have been getting chintzy and cheap lately.
But yes, Lexus does make marketing goofs.....any manufactuer does occasionally. Lexus took a lot of heat in the auto press for not having a manual transmission for the IS300 the first year. That was not just ME....an obscure auto consultant. That was the auto press......big time.
And just because I may criticize some marketing policies doesn't mean that I don't think highly of Lexus as a manufacturer....quality-wise they are the BEST, period. You notice where I put MY money. And trust me, my auto dollar is NOT spent lightly......part of my work is to make sure that others don't waste THEIR money either. Many of the people I deal with end up with Toyota or Honda products.
But WATCH Hyundai and Kia....they are now building respectable products (especially Hyundai)...at low prices and ultra-long warranties, and they are going to take more and more of the market.
......Nice talking with you. You appear to be intelligent and I'm glad you're on this forum so we can chat.
Old 11-06-03, 09:50 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Default Re: Reply to flipside

......Nice talking with you. You appear to be intelligent and I'm glad you're on this forum so we can chat.
Most definitely. The interesting discussions always bring up great topics to read and of course to respond to.
Old 11-07-03, 12:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Re: Reply to flipside

Originally posted by flipside909
Most definitely. The interesting discussions always bring up great topics to read and of course to respond to.
totally agree. you guys add so much values to the forum, i like this. discussions, but not flames.
Old 11-13-03, 01:59 PM
Groovene69
Driver School Candidate

They shoulda added da mistaked features to 2002 right away, (like memory seats) instead of waiting all da way to 2004. But whatever, its all good. Yea, I do agree with Lexus being da best and Hyundai and Kia making a come back. I just can't stand it when people think BMW and Bendz are the only good quality cars. I mean they are good, but other cars can compete with them as well. Also the bmw 3series and Mercedes C classes are moderate cars, but people look at them as like WHOA !!!, I just dont get it , but whatever.