IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

2004 Sport Design IS300

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-03, 12:48 PM
wrong way
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Sport Design IS300

Hey guys, I'm new here and wanted to know when the Sport Design models will come out for 2004? Also, how much would I expect to pay for a nicely equipped 2004 IS300 with LSD, Leather, Moonroof and other normal options people tend to choose? I'm looking to buy one soon but wanted to see if the Sport Design models will be available. And for those of you from MD/VA/DC, which dealers gives you the best pricing?
Old 12-01-03, 01:52 PM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: 2004 Sport Design IS300

Originally posted by wrong way
Hey guys, I'm new here and wanted to know when the Sport Design models will come out for 2004? Also, how much would I expect to pay for a nicely equipped 2004 IS300 with LSD, Leather, Moonroof and other normal options people tend to choose? I'm looking to buy one soon but wanted to see if the Sport Design models will be available. And for those of you from MD/VA/DC, which dealers gives you the best pricing?
Sport Design will not be an option for the 2004 IS300.
Old 12-01-03, 06:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: 2004 Sport Design IS300

2004 is300 does not have sport design YET. you never know if they will have sport design coming out until they announce so, maybe they will have some other little stuff to make the car look different and call it sport design. not sure about 04 but i got my 03 fully loaded (5 speed, leather, nav, lsd, all you name it) for 32k
Old 12-01-03, 07:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Yeah...Lexus likes to throw special models like the Platinum Edition, Coach Edition, Sport Design and etc usually into the model year to help sales. These models are usually limited edition so you wont see them every year or reintroduced consectively.
Old 12-02-03, 06:50 AM
wrong way
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies guys. As for pricing on the 2004 models, is it possible to get close to invoice? And for those who have an IS300, what are the must have options on this car?

So far I'm thinking of getting the following:
Value Package w/Leather Trim Interior
Rear Spoiler
Heated Front Seats
Limited-Slip Differential

On Edmunds, the invoice is $29,987, so what can I expect to pay?
Old 12-02-03, 07:28 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the replies guys. As for pricing on the 2004 models, is it possible to get close to invoice? And for those who have an IS300, what are the must have options on this car?

Rear Spoiler
Heated Front Seats

IS300 aren't selling too well
I would wait until the end of the December and lowball for $29,000
Old 12-02-03, 08:33 AM
wrong way
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the advice Goldark. That was the time frame I had in mind. Is it common to buy at below invoice? From a dealership standpoint I would guess it's better to let it go slightly below invoice than to pay expenses for the car sitting on the lot.
Old 12-02-03, 08:34 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Reply to WrongWay

OK, Wrongway, I'm from the D.C. area like you.....I can give you a couple of tips on what to look for in pricing. First, get the IS300 sedan instead of the SportCross hatchback....the Sportcross traditionally sells for dealer markups. Virginia dealers have a lower state tax (3%) and licensing fee on new cars but have that bulls--- dealer processing fee....which varies but can run up to $300 and more in some cases. In Virginia you also have to get a county sticker....more money. Maryland dealers don't have a significant processing fee (limited by state law to $25), or county stickers, but they have a higher state tax (5% on new cars). I don't know much about D.C. dealers...never dealt there, but I would stay out of the city as much as possible...the streets will tear up the wheels and suspension.
I bought my 2001 IS300 at Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly. They met my price (30K), and have a good service department with nice people, but management can be a little arrogant. But to get the best price, I would try Lexus of Rockville....they got close-by BMW and Audi shops that give their IS300's a lot of competition, so they would have a good incentive to keep prices down. The BMW 3-series, especially, just swamps the IS300 in total sales numbers. (In fact, let the salesman know you're cross-shopping for a Bimmer...they'll probably drop the price).
Lexus of Silver Spring seems to have nice people there but I can't vouch for any of their prices.
Good Luck...let us know how things turn out for you.
Old 12-02-03, 08:45 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default To Flipside

Flip, speaking of pricing, I notice you're from California. Do the dealers have different prices and emission hardware on the IS300's out there? Lots of new vehicles, of course, have different engine specs....and prices.....out there, primarily because of the L.A. smog.
How does it feel now to finally have a car-friendly guy in the State House? Davis was a disaster. I wish I could have helped boot him out.
Old 12-02-03, 10:27 AM
wrong way
Driver School Candidate

mmarshall, what was the invoice price for your 2001 IS300 at the time? What options did it include?
Old 12-02-03, 06:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: To Flipside

Originally posted by mmarshall
Flip, speaking of pricing, I notice you're from California. Do the dealers have different prices and emission hardware on the IS300's out there? Lots of new vehicles, of course, have different engine specs....and prices.....out there, primarily because of the L.A. smog.
How does it feel now to finally have a car-friendly guy in the State House? Davis was a disaster. I wish I could have helped boot him out.
as far as i know the is300 here are the same as anywhere else in the US
Old 12-02-03, 06:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Rear Spoiler
Heated Front Seats

i don't think you can get the car invoice yet, at least in cali. and there isn't really the "must have" options... it's all about what you want...
Old 12-02-03, 09:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Rear Spoiler
Heated Front Seats

It's definitely possible to get close to invoice. Just find the right Lexus dealer to deal with...and deal with the fleet department...and you'll have a better experience than just a regular salesperson. There is really no must have options...it's like Rominl said...it's about what YOU want. My favorite option..Memory Seating!
Old 12-02-03, 09:48 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Default Re: To Flipside

Originally posted by mmarshall
No we don't. The only thing we pay most for is registration fees and taxes. Lots of vehicles out here have about the same engine specs and prices. And it's not because of LA smog...it's called CARB (california air resources board) and EPA standards. How does it feel to have an actor as our Governor? Hasn't really done much for me. Davis did alot of great things for the state. You've probably only seen the dirt on him...something people like to dig up more than his actual accomplishments.
Old 12-03-03, 01:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by flipside909
It's definitely possible to get close to invoice. Just find the right Lexus dealer to deal with...and deal with the fleet department...and you'll have a better experience than just a regular salesperson. There is really no must have options...it's like Rominl said...it's about what YOU want. My favorite option..Memory Seating!
man..... you talking about something that's NOT even an option..... it's standard on all 04!

Quick Reply: 2004 Sport Design IS300