IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Pic. of IS430 at LA. Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-04, 07:33 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pic. of IS430 at LA. Auto Show

Sorry about the blurry pics, it was tuff because the car was on a revolving platform.

Last edited by LOTC; 01-06-04 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-02-04, 07:47 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good pics! It could do without the V8 badges on the side. Insane fit and finish on the V8. Just badass
Old 01-03-04, 11:31 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks for the pics. Yes, double chrome exhaust!!! I wonder how crazy is the power
on this 430???

Last edited by GS3Tek; 01-03-04 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-03-04, 11:46 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Thanks for the great pics.

I'm guessing they won't ship it to the Detroit auto show so this is as good as it gets for me.
Old 01-04-04, 12:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by crazygs
Thanks for the pics. Yes, double chrome exhaust!!! I wonder how crazy is the power
on this 430???
over 300 tq and about 340hp
Old 01-04-04, 04:37 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

wow, ..... Tein Suspension with the EDFC. You can see the motors on top...
Old 01-04-04, 06:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
wow, ..... Tein Suspension with the EDFC. You can see the motors on top...
yup, i think it's the HA, coz' on the spec it says 16 ways adjustable. i think the flex is 24 ways?
Old 01-04-04, 06:58 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Henry, with the EDFC controller, you can only go up to 16. I think that's what they were referring too..??? Could be wrong through. Do you know what other aftermarket parts were used on the car?
Old 01-05-04, 04:07 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default IS430

We didn't get to see it here at the Washington, D.C. show just ended, but the Lexus reps here said it is still a concept...no real plans for production yet. The All-Wheel-Drive IS300 or IS430 is also a possibility.
I agree with you guys....the paint job ( at least in the pictures ) looks great, but that is probably Du Pont Imron show paint that won't see production....at a couple of hundered dollars a quart, it's too expensive.
Old 01-05-04, 11:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Henry, with the EDFC controller, you can only go up to 16. I think that's what they were referring too..??? Could be wrong through. Do you know what other aftermarket parts were used on the car?
really? that sux, i didn't know you can only go 16 with edfc. they have brembo brakes, and i believe the rear differential is from the GS with a supra tt lsd. the radiator is from the gs430, and ML work on a 20 speaker 7.1 system. those wheels are bbs of course, and other than that they didn't say anything else. i don't think they put in any suspension braces on the car
Old 01-05-04, 11:59 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
really? that sux, i didn't know you can only go 16 with edfc.
The EDFC is switchable to 32 increments. This only adds resolution, it won't make the coilovers any harder or softer than what the "16 settings" can do when set to 0 or 16 respectively.

Originally posted by rominl
i don't think they put in any suspension braces on the car
Since Rod Millen doesn't already market an STB or any other braces for the IS, they probably wouldn't fabricate any for this car unless Lexus paid them to design and build it for them. They could have installed braces from aftermarket brands other than from RMM, but I am assuming Lexus did not include it in the budget. I'll also bet that RMM had some influence on what brand of aftermarket parts would be utilized.

Henry as you mentioned, a lot of the mods were done using standard "off the shelf" parts. In addition to what you already mentioned, the body kit is an "off the shelf " item as well. This obviously helps minimize the R & D cost to build this car, especially since this is a "one off" version that will not see production on the current platform. Lexus probably couldn't justify spending a lot on R & D if it will not be used for production.

Thank goodness they DID push through with this project.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-05-04 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-05-04, 03:15 PM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

simply beautiful.

Lexus, if you're reading this board... please build this car and make it available at a reasonable price and with a proper (read true manual) transmission. You may not make a ton of money on the car because like Audi, BMW and MB, you're not going to sell that many but it would do a great job of enhancing your image and you'd go a long way towards keeping some of your more enthusiastic owners "in the fold". We're going to be replacing our IS in two years or so and I'd love to put this car in the garage as opposed to the M3 (only two doors), S4 (questionable reliability) or AMG Benz (too much $$$ and now manual tranny even offered).
Old 01-05-04, 09:43 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Da Hapa
simply beautiful.

Lexus, if you're reading this board... please build this car and make it available at a reasonable price and with a proper (read true manual) transmission. You may not make a ton of money on the car because like Audi, BMW and MB, you're not going to sell that many but it would do a great job of enhancing your image and you'd go a long way towards keeping some of your more enthusiastic owners "in the fold". We're going to be replacing our IS in two years or so and I'd love to put this car in the garage as opposed to the M3 (only two doors), S4 (questionable reliability) or AMG Benz (too much $$$ and now manual tranny even offered).
WELL SAID.......!!!!!
Old 01-07-04, 11:42 AM
AgentWD-40
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

simply beautiful.

I agree as well. It will keep up the excitement of the whole Lexus brand as well as get the IS some valueable magazine time with something new and exciting instead of the same old thing. That has got to help sales!
Old 01-07-04, 02:01 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

simply beautiful.

Quick Reply: Pic. of IS430 at LA. Auto Show