what grille you got?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-04, 08:07 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally posted by uneek

none of that altezza crap on my car!!!
Damn...too bad, your car will always have its Toyota Altezza roots and those "Altezza" taillights. I guess you're gonna have to sell your car now.
Old 01-30-04, 08:34 PM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by flipside909
Damn...too bad, your car will always have its Toyota Altezza roots and those "Altezza" taillights. I guess you're gonna have to sell your car now.
thanks for clarifying it up for me.......

.......ummm I was talking about the grill....... Remember what the topic of the post was. But thanks for telling me what type of "tailights" I have.

Old 01-30-04, 08:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

alright, easy ok?
Old 01-30-04, 09:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

TRD grill..........

none of that altezza crap on my car!!!
and to you, you might want to be nicer to people on the forum. you don't have to like what other people have, but you can definitely put things in a lot nicer ways.
Old 01-30-04, 10:10 PM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by rominl
and to you, you might want to be nicer to people on the forum. you don't have to like what other people have, but you can definitely put things in a lot nicer ways.
Hey I meant not harm by anything I said/typed.....I'm sorry you took it so literality .

Also what does this mean."you don't have to like what other people have,"..????
you mean have to say???

I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding

Chris

Also what does this mean."you don't have to like what other people have,"..????
you mean have to say???
Old 01-30-04, 10:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

thanks for clarifying it up for me.......

.......ummm I was talking about the grill....... Remember what the topic of the post was. But thanks for telling me what type of "tailights" I have.

Ignorance is bliss. Hypocrisy plagues you.
Old 01-30-04, 11:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

uneek

no i didn't take them literally, but you never know who will. my theory is always to do the best to minimize misunderstanding. last thing i want here is flame wars. clublexus doesn't need that. and what i was trying to say is, it's ok if you don't like something, but don't use the phrase like "i won't put these altezza crap on my car". that's pretty offended to some people. instead you can say "i just don't feel much about altezza stuff (grille), i'd rather stick with the stock". see, a simple sentence makes a big difference.

flipside909

i totally understand your point too, but sometimes just tone it done a little bit. getting right back on other members won't do any good at all in the forums
Old 01-31-04, 11:02 AM
uneek
Driver School Candidate

Ok guys.....are we really having this dussicsion.......

....Personaly I don't like the way the altezza grill looks and I'm sorry if I expressed this in a maner that was unappropriate or offensive to some people.

But come on......is what I said really that bad??? I all I did was express my thoughts on this subject. Maybe the choice of words were wrong but I didn't think that people would take it heart...... ITS AN OPEN FOURM......open to ALL ideas new and old, good or bad isn't it???

I understand that everyone in this club is intitled to have their own opinion and I will keep this in mind when posting again on clublexus.

Sorry for the misunderstanding ROMINL and FLIPSIDE.
Old 01-31-04, 01:06 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I understand that everyone in this club is intitled to have their own opinion and I will keep this in mind when posting again on clublexus.

Sorry for the misunderstanding ROMINL and FLIPSIDE.
Uneek, yes this is an open forum and you are definitely welcome to post your opinion and express your thoughts. Though I'm sure no one was demanding it, your apology was a good gesture.

My take:
At the risk of sounding like a semantics professor, the use of the word "crap" can have strong connotations and your sentence could be percieved by some as implying that anything Altezza is crap. Whatever you meant for it to sound, other people can understand it differently. It is all dependent on the audience you are speaking too. If it's a group of your closest long time friends, they know you and wouldn't take you wrong. Just in case you really think Altezza stuff is crap, you probably could of phrased it in a less offensive way, as Rominl said. Some people are more sensitive than others, what can I say? Don't know if you would be offended if I said " None of that TRD crap on my car". ?

I would venture to say that certain veterans on this forum can get away with a little more sarcastic or offensive responses to posts, because they may know the other members well and know that they will not take it wrong . Again, it depends on the audience who you are speaking to. In your case, you only have 39 posts on this forum (to date). Flipside and Rominl don't "know" you and probably a lot of others don't either. So in your case, it'll take some time to build up a rapport with others before you can "get away" with saying things.

There's no denying that everyone has their own personality to express as well, but just like walking into a room full of strangers, your first impression will influence how you will be treated in return.

OK enough off topic and sounding like your dad. Welcome & let's move on.
Old 02-06-04, 10:36 PM
sidetrack
Driver School Candidate

My custom grill

Old 02-06-04, 10:41 PM
_DAG_
Driver

Very nice... how did you do that? it looks great, and btw is that a carbon bumper?
Old 02-07-04, 03:43 PM
sidetrack
Driver School Candidate

Well I bought the grill from a guy on is300.net and he had it special made. I had to have custom brackets made b/c there was nothing on it to hold it on. And no that is the stock bumper but I have a neo custom bumper on the way.