Top Speed Limit / BM 3 Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-04, 12:39 AM
Nickerz
Banned Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Top Speed Limit / BM 3 Series

Originally posted by flipside909
The 330i may inch out the IS300 in a 0-60 or 1/4 run but it will romp on a 325i manual or auto anyday.
Hmmm?

Define "romp" b/c the last time I checked, the 325i and IS300 does 0-60 (manual) exact same times...7.0sec. Not really much "rompin" goin' on there now is there.?

Hell...a damn Honda Accord is faster! And faster in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Damn, I'm on a roll...let's see what other cars that would "romp" ya...

Mazda 6
Grand Prix
Jetta GLX for cryin' out loud and the list goes on. I haven't even started with the Acura line up.
Old 02-08-04, 07:20 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

I own an '04 325, and an '02 IS300, and they are far from the same times, even my wife knows the difference. Both are manual, and both are great cars, but that little 325 is the 325 that could, you just keep waiting for the boost to kick in or something. Now handling is a different story.
Old 02-08-04, 08:19 AM
_DAG_
Driver

from SDuquette:
I own an '04 325, and an '02 IS300, and they are far from the same times, even my wife knows the difference. Both are manual, and both are great cars, but that little 325 is the 325 that could, you just keep waiting for the boost to kick in or something. Now handling is a different story.
Hey that's a really nice combo of cars to have. Tell us more about the pros and cons of each car. Also, are you saying that the 325 needs to be faster to beat the IS300? Thanks SDuquette.
Old 02-08-04, 08:28 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by _DAG_
from SDuquette:
Hey that's a really nice combo of cars to have. Tell us more about the pros and cons of each car. Also, are you saying that the 325 needs to be faster to beat the IS300? Thanks SDuquette.

yeah, the 2.5l somes in at 189hp I believe, that is a signifigant amount less than the IS, and it shows. the 325 need revs to get moving, not like the IS that has a nice flat power band and pulls good in every gear. I will say though, the 325 is nice in that you can punch it through a turn and not have to worry nearly as much about the ***-end coming around on you
Old 02-08-04, 10:25 AM
LexFather

the window or the stairs.........

Old 02-08-04, 10:34 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Top Speed Limit / BM 3 Series

Originally posted by Nickerz
Hmmm?

Define "romp" b/c the last time I checked, the 325i and IS300 does 0-60 (manual) exact same times...7.0sec. Not really much "rompin" goin' on there now is there.?

Hell...a damn Honda Accord is faster! And faster in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Damn, I'm on a roll...let's see what other cars that would "romp" ya...

Mazda 6
Grand Prix
Jetta GLX for cryin' out loud and the list goes on. I haven't even started with the Acura line up.
speaking of "romping"........... I have noticed every single post of yours has had this weak little disclaimer to it "oh i like lexus" just so you can further bash on it in the rest of the post. Your attitude in these forums needs to change or you won't make it to a 15 post count.

Your weak one line "i like Lexus" comments are just so you can continue to bash them and your strife you spread will only get you a ticket to ride out of here. If i take your Lexus comment out of your post, which is only one weak line, i get a troll of posts.

Clean up the attitude. One of our forum rules is NO STRIFE. I don't care if your discussing Lexus in the forums or flapjacks in the clubhouse. You have managed in 7 posts to already catch the attention of the mods and administration which, if you will review previous persons who did that, weren't around to celebrate after they refused to stop.

We want constructive opinions and debates from true enthusiasts who are here to understand, learn, or just discuss without jabbing everytime you post. your "Jabs" easily show through your intentions for being here. Clean it up.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 02-08-04 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-08-04, 11:54 AM
Nickerz
Banned Troll

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Top Speed Limit / BM 3 Series

Originally posted by O. L. T.
speaking of "romping"........... I have noticed every single post of yours has had NO STRIFE. I care if your discussing flapjacks in the clubhouse. You have managed 7 constructive opinions and true enthusiasts who understand, learn, or just discuss without jabbing everytime thanks for being here.

Awe...your welcome mister moderator!

Any time!

In fact, I love it when I can talk specs about a car, even though it may not always be in favor of the Lexus lineup without people crying and getting all bent out of shape over it. I speak of only the facts when I talk about other cars times and performance.

PS Can you tell me what it means to take something out of context? I hear that a lot. ???

Last edited by Nickerz; 02-08-04 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-08-04, 11:59 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Top Speed Limit / BM 3 Series

Awe...your welcome mister moderator!

PS Can you tell me what it means to take something out of context? I hear that a lot. ???
so why not put up the specs between a c320 and an IS300?
Old 02-08-04, 12:03 PM
Nickerz
Banned Troll

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Top Speed Limit / BM 3 Series

Originally posted by SDuquette
so why not put up the specs between a c320 and an IS300?

You asked for it....I was waiting for someone to ask about this...

IS300:
a romping: 0-60 7.0sec (manual), 7.4sec (auto)
1/4 mile: 15.3sec

C320:
0-60: 6.7sec (manual), 7.0sec (auto)
1/4 mile: 15.4sec

How's that for comparing apples to apples?
Old 02-08-04, 12:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well if you like the c32 so much, go own it. no one here is saying that the is300 is a super fast car, in fact i don't as well. we don't need you to remind all of us that the car is slower than this and that. if you want to use the facts and troll us, it's not bringing you anywhere too
Old 02-08-04, 12:16 PM
Nickerz
Banned Troll

Originally posted by rominl
well if you like the c32 so much, go own it. no one here is saying that the is300 is a super fast car, in fact i don't as well. we don't need you to remind all of us that the car is slower than this and that. if you want to use the facts and troll us, it's not bringing you anywhere too

Okay, I'm in serious mode now. Nough jokes and stuff.

I'm not trying to really jab at anyone but simply testing the moderators in this forum is all. In another forum, a guy posted his thread which was in this LexusClub.com forum and he was banished for talking about true specs and performance.

So I'm really trying to get at the moderators in ths forum to see what it will take to maybe cross the line a little...AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS...I have been MORE bold in my posts in here than the other guy who got kicked out for talking about facts.

The point? They're only cars. No matter what you have, Ferrari or a damn Pinto, one should be able to speak his mind and talk about it with others and without DAMN moderators jumping in, deleting posts and kicking people out simply b/c they love their car so much...they don't want to hear any bad truths about them. All cars have pros and cons to them...even my MB that I've ordered. Again, if your proud of your car then stay proud and allow others the freedom of speach to discuss what they like or don't like about any car.

Sorry if I offended any of you, it's really the moderator's I was after to try to test. Hell, they are probably a bunch of 15 year olds sitting at home all day with nothing to do...NERDS! They probably can't even drive a damn car yet. Wouldn't that be ironic!?

Last edited by Nickerz; 02-08-04 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-08-04, 12:16 PM
Nickerz
Banned Troll

Last edited by Nickerz; 02-08-04 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-08-04, 12:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

and let me tell you here, too, all moderators here are serious starting from minute one. we all allow people to talk about what they want, but we don't allow flame wars, trolls, and anything inappropriate. from what i noticed you are dead on all three of them.

first of all, you started something that's ended up in a flame wars, and you knew it. like i said most poeple here know and admit that the is300 is slow, let's just leave it like that. all the posts you did was to stir things up, make people more uncomfortable, get them annoyed, and then you keep on doing that? that's bad, very bad. i am not talking about the contents, i dont' care about the contents. i care about what you did to start flame wars

second, posting facts here don't mean you are not trolling. yes this is a lexus forums, i am not surprised if some people are biased thinking that lexus is better than other cars. that's all good, that's the case for all forums too, mb, bimmer, acura, infiniti, and lexus. it's not something surprising, it's not something that we need you to test here. what you did, in most of our eyes, was that we got another troll here who's trying to trash lexus. that's all we see

third, any insults or inappropriate posts totally unacceptable here on clublexus. we maintain a clean environment here. your post in the other thread was a clear insult on elizabeth of clublexus. she worked hard to earn all the sales from us, nothing more, nothing less. i already checked with couple other individuals and they all think that your post meant something else, very bad. that's an insult.

if you want to know, it's your third offense that lead to your ban. i hope i made myself very clear already
Old 02-08-04, 01:01 PM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Top Speed Limit / BM 3 Series

You asked for it....I was waiting for someone to ask about this...

IS300:
a romping: 0-60 7.0sec (manual), 7.4sec (auto)
1/4 mile: 15.3sec

C320:
0-60: 6.7sec (manual), 7.0sec (auto)
1/4 mile: 15.4sec

How's that for comparing apples to apples?
You put it right there, the IS is quicker? so yeah, apples to apples, the IS is better
Old 02-08-04, 01:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Okay, I'm in serious mode now. Nough jokes and stuff.

I'm not trying to really jab at anyone but simply testing the moderators in this forum is all. In another forum, a guy posted his thread which was in this LexusClub.com forum and he was banished for talking about true specs and performance.

So I'm really trying to get at the moderators in ths forum to see what it will take to maybe cross the line a little...AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS...I have been MORE bold in my posts in here than the other guy who got kicked out for talking about facts.

The point? They're only cars. No matter what you have, Ferrari or a damn Pinto, one should be able to speak his mind and talk about it with others and without DAMN moderators jumping in, deleting posts and kicking people out simply b/c they love their car so much...they don't want to hear any bad truths about them. All cars have pros and cons to them...even my MB that I've ordered. Again, if your proud of your car then stay proud and allow others the freedom of speach to discuss what they like or don't like about any car.

Sorry if I offended any of you, it's really the moderator's I was after to try to test. Hell, they are probably a bunch of 15 year olds sitting at home all day with nothing to do...NERDS! They probably can't even drive a damn car yet. Wouldn't that be ironic!?
Mr Fortune:

Your irony is misapplied. All our moderators own or have recently owned Lexus cars. I am a 38 year old IT consulting executive at a Fortune 10 company. Nerds often do very well for themselves when they grow up . A nerd will certainly be your supervisor one day when you get a job.

With this post, you pretty much tell us you're simply trolling to test the moderators here. Not appreciated... You've made innapropriate comments about women in other threads that will not be tolerated on our forum. You've also cross posted your escapades here on another forum just to stir up trouble... that too is not allowed. We've banned Lexus owners for doing exactly that (starting flame wars on other forums), so your removal from our forum should come as no suprise. This is a civilized place and participating in 'cross forum flame wars' is idiotic.

We don't edit or delete threads as a matter of course other than to remove unauthorized advertising or profanity. When we do delete a post, the member is PM'd telling them what was done and why. When posts get out of hand we typically lock them, like this one.

Free speech is welcome here, but we do have rules our members need to follow on ClubLexus just like what it takes to get along in real life. We don't allow personal attacks. We expect you to be considerate of other members. We expect our members to keep this a PG-rated forum. And at the end of the day, this is a Lexus enthusiast site... you have to expect our members are biased towards our vehicles just like Nissan guys at freshalloy or Porsche owners at roadfly. If you're here to contribute to the community that's great and we welcome you. If you're here simply to throw stones and insult people or their cars - you are welcome to leave. There is a distinct difference in discussing controversial topics and simply being rude and inconsiderate to others.

You seem to have established a trend of insulting other members who don't own Mercedes on MBWorld.org in your less than one month on that forum (and even though you don't even own one yet)... I see a post where you call a guy with a Firebird "trailer trash"; we'd certainly warn you for that type of elitest and insulting comment here. ClubLexus is obviously a different forum with many rules that you won't agree with. That's fine, you don't aren't going to stay here long .

I know what thread you read on another forum (and yes, I read your cross post there too) and the simple fact is that specific former member was NOT banned for quoting 'bad truths' or information our members didn't like. He was banned because he mouthed off to CL moderators and other members after being warned to 'cool down' both publicly and via private message. He chooses not understand that simple fact and thinks there is some conspiracy against him and/or Mercedes sales statistics . All he had to do was walk away and stop fanning flames for a day and instead he kept posting and creating strife. His own hot head and inability to follow our forum rules got him banned, not posting sales figures or his preference in automobiles. As a result, he is not welcome here on ClubLexus. You appear to be following in his exact footsteps.

Good luck getting a lease that fits within your budget for your C32.

This thread is closed.