IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Owners Manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-04, 07:26 PM
XaLtezZaX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owners Manual

Hey you guys i know alot of dealership folks pass by here and just wandering that my parents got my car preowned and it did not come with an owners manual. So if i want a book do i have to buy it from the lexus dealer??

Please help me out i would really like to read the manual on my car! Its a 2001 black Automatic!

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-28-04, 07:40 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Well that all depends on if you bought it from a "private party" or a pre-owned from a Lexus dealership. The dealership would probably provide you with one. Call up your salesperson and ask. Or you can buy one from the parts department. Or check out the classified section here on Club Lexus. Perhaps someone would be interested in selling a used one. Or just come back and post your questions to any of us...........

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 01-28-04 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-28-04, 07:51 PM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Try contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department. I was able to get a set of free owner manual and navigation manul after submiting a request online. Sign on to Owners:
https://auth.owners.lexus.com/lexuso...ASON=0&TARGET=$SM$https%3a%2f%2fauth%2eowners%2elexus%2ecom%2flexusowners%2fauth%2fssl%2fWelcome
Old 01-28-04, 08:11 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Re: Owners Manual

If all else fails, try eBay!
Old 01-28-04, 08:49 PM
XaLtezZaX
Driver

well the lil history between my car is my parents own car dealership and they bought the car from a private dealership auction. I also found out that it was a repo from the previous owner and they repoed it and sent it to the auction. Thats why i do not have a master key and my owners manual.

I know the car was bought from a lexus dealership by looking at car fax and all that but this car was from out of state.
my friends was like lie to the dealership but i don't want to be dishonest!
but ima call up someone at a lexus dealership and see what they can do!
Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-28-04, 08:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah i belive if you have th vin and stuff lexus will send you another manual
Old 01-28-04, 09:06 PM
XaLtezZaX
Driver

Originally posted by gs400998
Try contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department. I was able to get a set of free owner manual and navigation manul after submiting a request online. Sign on to Owners:
https://auth.owners.lexus.com/lexuso...ASON=0&TARGET=$SM$https%3a%2f%2fauth%2eowners%2elexus%2ecom%2flexusowners%2fauth%2fssl%2fWelcome

hey thanks alot i just register put my vin in there and they have found my car in their database from the previous owners buying it. Thanks alot my 2001 IS3 manual should be coming in soon.
No wonder i like this site just soo many help ful people!
Old 01-28-04, 09:15 PM
XaLtezZaX
Driver

im sorry but i don't wanna bother you guys soo much but i was reading the warranty on the IS3 online manual. It states that Corrosion Perforation Warranty

Warranty cover repair replacement of any orginal body panel that develop corrosion.
72 Months regardless of milege.

My exhaust pipe has heavily corrosion all over it it looks horrible would that fall under the warranty or some other warranty. All my brake and rotors are totally rusted out also and have corrosion.
If this isn't the warranty can you perhaps explain to me what warranty is it because i would like to keep my car in better shape than my previous owners.
Old 01-28-04, 10:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by XaLtezZaX
im sorry but i don't wanna bother you guys soo much but i was reading the warranty on the IS3 online manual. It states that Corrosion Perforation Warranty

Warranty cover repair replacement of any orginal body panel that develop corrosion.

My exhaust pipe has heavily corrosion all over it it looks horrible would that fall under the warranty or some other warranty. All my brake and rotors are totally rusted out also and have corrosion.
If this isn't the warranty can you perhaps explain to me what warranty is it because i would like to keep my car in better shape than my previous owners.
i don't think the exhuast and the rotors fall under this category though. the warranty applies to body panels only
Old 01-28-04, 10:31 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My dealer replace my entire muffler under warranty ...the exhaust tip was really rusted and they did this no questions asked, The rotors will not be replaced, but they will paint them ( just the hub area). For the record I did not neeglect the muffler tip, It just sort of happened over time. The dealer said this was common?

Digger08
Old 01-29-04, 03:00 PM
XaLtezZaX
Driver

Originally posted by digger08
My dealer replace my entire muffler under warranty ...the exhaust tip was really rusted and they did this no questions asked, The rotors will not be replaced, but they will paint them ( just the hub area). For the record I did not neeglect the muffler tip, It just sort of happened over time. The dealer said this was common?

Digger08
i kind of surpass the 50,000 warranty a little im at 51,??? so its a no goo huh unless i wanna pay for new exhaust!
Old 01-29-04, 04:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i kind of surpass the 50,000 warranty a little im at 51,??? so its a no goo huh unless i wanna pay for new exhaust!
worth a try to see if they have good will
Old 01-29-04, 04:57 PM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought my 99 GS4 last year and there were lots of surface rust on the exhaust pipes. I used brush on rust remover and was able to remove majority of the rust.
Old 01-29-04, 06:12 PM
XaLtezZaX
Driver

Originally posted by rominl
worth a try to see if they have good will

whats the possibility of that i would have more of a chance if i knew someone down there. But i don't i wish i knew someone could man i sure would like new exhaust and new headlights freaking condensation on both.
Old 01-29-04, 06:38 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you tried the 1-800 lexus number? Call them first and explain the problem...see what they say. Then if they agree the information is confirmed on file, with them. The dealer will bow to this information on file.

They are very freindly to deal with on the phone and if they can not help you immediately, they will call you back within 24hrs.

Then, if the answer is no you don't have to deal with the dealership.

For the lights...I had mine changed as well under warranty. I only had one with moisture, but did not want to have just one changed, so I told them both were bad. They replaced them both. The warranty on this is 50,000 miles / 48 months

If they can't be changed, there is a fix for this to prevent further moisture. Once they are dry there is some sealing tape that can be placed on the frame over the vent holes for the lights. This will prevent further moisture.

Clean the surface area of the hole at the front fender panel ( where the fender meets the headlight you will see a hole on the inside edge - Hood open) Simply place a peice of sealing tape over the hole. Lexus does this after they fit the new headlights in to prevent further moisture infiltration.

Part number from Lexus for this seal tape is # 90950-06073 with these instructions
Clean the surface area of the hole at the front fender panel with a degreasing agent to ensure proper adhesion of the seal tape.

Hope this helps

Digger08

Last edited by digger08; 01-29-04 at 06:41 PM.