IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Soooo...ya like your Lexus IS300's do ya?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-04, 09:53 PM
Nickerz
Banned Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soooo...ya like your Lexus IS300's do ya?

I like Lexus so don't take this the wrong way guys...

I was at a gas station today and as I was walking into the station when this kid with his nice looking IS300 is looking at me like he's expecting me to start drooling over his car as I walk by. I admit...I've always liked the IS300 but then I found out the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and said NOPE. Bare with me here Lexus fans, don't get all upset just yet. Hear me out!

So I totally ignore this guy and don't even look at his car (I could tell it was driving him nuts! Plus, I already saw it when i was fueling up but he didn't see me looking, right) and he just keeps waiting for me to look. NAH! I don't! I think to myself...awe...if you only knew that I had a C32 AMG being made right now and even though I respect your car b/c it is a good car and he's proud of it (as he should be) you have to admit...

Hmmm? Lexus IS300? Which an Acura can beat off the line! Or a C32 AMG? Exactly! That's what I was thinking.

Again, Lexus fans, dooooooooooon't go getting crazy on me. I'm just saying. Everyone is proud of their car and I'm going to be proud of mine. The point is...ya never know what the other guys got in his garage is all...or in my case will have soon! That's it. Not trying to start wars. Just thought it was kinda funny but again, his car looked good! Good for you Lexus fans! Gotta love ya! ;-)
Old 02-07-04, 10:05 PM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

And then. Not to talk bad about mercedes or anything, but I hope you enjoy visiting your car at the dealership while it's getting fixed. I mean, I would put more faith in a Ford than a MB. They are nice cars, don't get me wrong, but nothing worth wating a second look, I mean, there's a reason Lexus is one of the best selling cars in Germany. Hey, it's all about what you like right, I mean, Lexus is he most reliable of the big 3, BMW is the best performing, so I'm not sure where that leaves MB, but something tells me it's not any award I would care for my car to be in.
Old 02-07-04, 10:14 PM
Nickerz
Banned Troll

Originally posted by SDuquette
And then. ...I mean, I would put more faith in a Ford than a MB. They are nice cars, don't get me wrong

Awe...c'mon...not a Ford. That's a little harsh. I do make fun of Ford's for that reason too but hopefully MB is more trustworthy than that. I've heard the horror stories but I believe MB is much better than people realize.

Last edited by Nickerz; 02-07-04 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-07-04, 10:15 PM
cdawg
Rookie

Default Re: Soooo...ya like your Lexus IS300's do ya?

Originally posted by Nickerz
I like Lexus so don't take this the wrong way guys...

I was at a gas station today and as I was walking into the station when this kid with his nice looking IS300 is looking at me like he's expecting me to start drooling over his car as I walk by. I admit...I've always liked the IS300 but then I found out the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and said NOPE. Bare with me here Lexus fans, don't get all upset just yet. Hear me out!

So I totally ignore this guy and don't even look at his car (I could tell it was driving him nuts! Plus, I already saw it when i was fueling up but he didn't see me looking, right) and he just keeps waiting for me to look. NAH! I don't! I think to myself...awe...if you only knew that I had a C32 AMG being made right now and even though I respect your car b/c it is a good car and he's proud of it (as he should be) you have to admit...

Hmmm? Lexus IS300? Which an Acura can beat off the line! Or a C32 AMG? Exactly! That's what I was thinking.

Again, Lexus fans, dooooooooooon't go getting crazy on me. I'm just saying. Everyone is proud of their car and I'm going to be proud of mine. The point is...ya never know what the other guys got in his garage is all...or in my case will have soon! That's it. Not trying to start wars. Just thought it was kinda funny but again, his car looked good! Good for you Lexus fans! Gotta love ya! ;-)
You're full of crap. How can you possibly compare an Acura (TL I assume?) or the IS300 to a $50k Mercedes hot rod? That's ridiculous. Drop an extra $15k into the IS and it will flat destroy the Mercedes. Since you have your car 'being made' right now why don' t you come on over to IS300.net, I can guarantee you there will be plenty of people there who would like to show you what a $50k IS can do to your Mercedes.
Old 02-07-04, 10:28 PM
Nickerz
Banned Troll

Default Re: Re: Soooo...ya like your Lexus IS300's do ya?

Originally posted by cdawg
You're full of crap. How can you possibly compare an Acura (TL I assume?) or the IS300 to a $50k Mercedes hot rod? That's ridiculous. Drop an extra $15k into the IS and it will flat destroy the Mercedes. Since you have your car 'being made' right now why don' t you come on over to IS300.net, I can guarantee you there will be plenty of people there who would like to show you what a $50k IS can do to your Mercedes.

or....

pay $15K more and have a stock MB faster than hell! Hmmm, put $15 more into a Lexus or pay $15K more for an MB...Exxxxxxxxxxxaaaaaaaaaactly! I think I'll take what's behind door number 1 bob!

Which by the way...this 15K more would give you a car that can actually handle the speeds. The Lexus was built for, what is it? high 7's 0-60? Again, I'd rather spend the 15K on a car that is engineered for the speed altogether. Whoa, whoa ricer...don't bring out da hot stuff!

Ah, oh...here come da wars! LOL!

I brought it upon myself! I REGRET NOTHING! =)

Last edited by Nickerz; 02-07-04 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-07-04, 10:37 PM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

If you were worried about handling at high speed, you would have bought the m3, since that fat pig of a car called Mercedes really doesn't handle all that well.
Old 02-07-04, 10:41 PM
Nickerz
Banned Troll

Originally posted by SDuquette
If you were worried about handling at high speed, you would have bought the m3, since that fat pig of a car called Mercedes really doesn't handle all that well.
Uhhh, what part of fat pig Mercedes is a C32? Cause I just don't get that? Do you know what you are talking about?

And consider this...according to your analogy...why not pay $10K less and get the new TL stock that destroys the 'lil IS300? Hmmmm, works both ways don't it!?
Old 02-07-04, 10:47 PM
Nickerz
Banned Troll

To me...I just couldn't live with myself knowing that the Acura TL pulls up beside me at the light and I have no choice than to let him by as I know I couldn't keep up.

Nope...nooot gonna do it for me!

Oh, unless I get all ricy with my car. But stock to stock... the IS300 needs an IS330 that is upgraded so that the stock isn't slower than a damn Nissan - and I'm not referring to the 350Z either! Hell, I'm not even referring to the Maxima!

OUCH! This one's gonna hurt!
Old 02-08-04, 12:02 AM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

If you "totally ignored" this guy how do you know it was driving him nuts that you didn't look at his car?

What was the point of this post?
Old 02-08-04, 12:30 AM
Michifan12
Pole Position

hahaha what a stupid post!!!

but, fyi i raced an 04 TL today.....i was actually admiring his car and he kept lurching forward and finally I was like ok if you REALLY wanna beat me THAT bad here you go hahah.....man I really gotta learn how to drive the manual tho in my car...prolly woulda been able to at least hang for a few seconds then - how bout some lessons SDuquette?!