IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Exterior Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-04, 06:34 PM
Wankman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior Mods

Hey everyone...this is just a new name...ive been thinkin about how black emblems would look on my car for example ...on my grill and on the back of my car....if i wanted to get all these emblems changed into black...how much money would i look to be spending and where to get them? Also i like bad to the bone's roof spoiler and his trunk spoiler ...including painting and installation..how much would it cost? Any info would be greatly appreciatted. Thank you
Old 04-29-04, 06:41 PM
TCM080903
Pole Position

do you mean the black pearl emblems? they're not exactly full black though. you can buy those through any lexus dealer or look for ppl selling them on these car forums...i think they run about $150-200ish through the dealer though. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong.) you can also get your current emblems anodized. i know someone who did that at a local lexus dealer. i think they paid $20 per emblem that was anodized.

as for neil's roof spoiler and trunk spoiler, you should ask him.
Old 04-29-04, 06:47 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got my black pearl emblems from CARSON TOYOTA...

Last edited by tsopranoMB; 04-29-04 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-29-04, 07:34 PM
G2FAST
Lead Lap

Default Re: Exterior Mods

Originally posted by Wankman
ive been thinkin about how black emblems would look on my car for example ...on my grill and on the back of my car....if i wanted to get all these emblems changed into black...how much money would i look to be spending and where to get them?
I got mine from the dealer when I got the car, Lexus would charge more than CARSON TOYOTA!
Old 04-29-04, 08:32 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally posted by tsopranoMB

got my black pearl emblems from CARSON TOYOTA...

Gee, I wonder where CARSON TOYOTA is at?
Old 04-29-04, 09:35 PM
_DAG_
Driver

Default plate

Hey, nice license plate tsopranoMB! How is the Ltuned different from the regular IS300 and was it worth the cash? Thanks.
Old 04-30-04, 08:02 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: plate

Originally posted by _DAG_
Hey, nice license plate tsopranoMB! How is the Ltuned different from the regular IS300 and was it worth the cash? Thanks.
thanks....better then editing them thru mspaint....

the L-tuned is a 4 piece body kit....front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper bottom lip...

was worth it to me, I wanted the kit and the look.....I got it last winter thru a southern California Lexus Dealer who got it thru TRD USA
Old 04-30-04, 08:39 AM
wjbertrand
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Re: Exterior Mods

Originally posted by ISLEXUS300
I got mine from the dealer when I got the car, Lexus would charge more than CARSON TOYOTA!
How much $$ ??
Old 04-30-04, 09:26 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Exterior Mods

Originally posted by wjbertrand
How much $$ ??
well, its been discontinued as a kit....per say....I know Carson had it for $3100 over a year ago....

you can call TRD USA direct and order the parts....talk to JOMAR @ TRD USA 1-800-488-9478 if your seriously interested...

I Paid $2699 shipped from Cali to NJ thru a lexus dealer in southern california that then got the parts together from TRD USA...

kit included:
RETAIL MSRP:
painted front bumper $1322
painted side skirts $548 each
painted rear valence $758
Carbon Fiber Grille $495
Badge/Emblem kit $ 178
Fog Lamps $787

Last edited by tsopranoMB; 04-30-04 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-30-04, 10:09 AM
TCM080903
Pole Position

or, if you just like the look and don't need authentic L-tuned, you can get the carson-tuned bodykit, which is also made in japan, looks VERY similar (since it's a "knock-off" of the L-tuned kit) and is super flexible. again, contact carson toyota for that kit...i think it's running $1800 painted...
Old 04-30-04, 10:30 AM
wjbertrand
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Exterior Mods

Whoops, I guess I wasn't very clear. I just wanted to know how much the black pearl emblems cost. I see the $178 figure below but is that for the black pear Lexus badges or the L-Tuned badges?

well, its been discontinued as a kit....per say....I know Carson had it for $3100 over a year ago....

you can call TRD USA direct and order the parts....talk to JOMAR @ TRD USA 1-800-488-9478 if your seriously interested...

I Paid $2699 shipped from Cali to NJ thru a lexus dealer in southern california that then got the parts together from TRD USA...

kit included:
RETAIL MSRP:
painted front bumper $1322
painted side skirts $548 each
painted rear valence $758
Carbon Fiber Grille $495
Badge/Emblem kit $ 178
Fog Lamps $787

Old 04-30-04, 10:33 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by TCM080903
or, if you just like the look and don't need authentic L-tuned, you can get the carson-tuned bodykit, which is also made in japan, looks VERY similar (since it's a "knock-off" of the L-tuned kit) and is super flexible. again, contact carson toyota for that kit...i think it's running $1800 painted...
yep..correct...

Supply and demand.....

many IS300 owners inquired last year about the L-tuned kit, and since it was discontinued, Parts Manager Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota took matters into his own hands and created "carson tuned"

This new kit is made in Japan using a hybrid material. The kits are hand made to U.S. specs using a material called FRP, or fiberglass reinforced plastic. The result is a lightweight hightly flexible molded part with a perfect fitment on the IS300
Old 04-30-04, 10:35 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Exterior Mods

Originally posted by wjbertrand
Whoops, I guess I wasn't very clear. I just wanted to know how much the black pearl emblems cost. I see the $178 figure below but is that for the black pear Lexus badges or the L-Tuned badges?

Special on the Black Pearl complete emblem kit, comes with Front "L", Rear "IS300", Rear "Lexus" and Rear "L" emblems

$165.00 shipped in the USA (48 states)

If you would like to order online please use our Lexus/TRD Performance Secure site https://shuksan-secured.com/l-tunedp...rd-secure.html just fill out the info and comment section, all orders come directly to me. Or you may call 1-800-908-6968 and ask for Gordon,Bobby

-Steve Ganz
-CarsonToyota/Lexus Parts
-TRD/L-Tuned/TTE/RMM/Pro Lex
-TOM'S Racing/L-Sportline/TEIN

Last edited by tsopranoMB; 04-30-04 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-30-04, 01:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yep..correct...

Supply and demand.....

many IS300 owners inquired last year about the L-tuned kit, and since it was discontinued, Parts Manager Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota took matters into his own hands and created "carson tuned"

This new kit is made in Japan using a hybrid material. The kits are hand made to U.S. specs using a material called FRP, or fiberglass reinforced plastic. The result is a lightweight hightly flexible molded part with a perfect fitment on the IS300
before anything, lets hold on to the highly flexible part. it won't be that flexible and as good as urethene. you fit something and you will crack the frp for sure
Old 04-30-04, 01:29 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by rominl
before anything, lets hold on to the highly flexible part. it won't be that flexible and as good as urethene. you fit something and you will crack the frp for sure
i'm happy I got the real urethane product....

Quick Reply: Exterior Mods