New !S sportcross

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-04, 07:06 PM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New !S sportcross

Hi all,

I understand a redesigned IS is on the horizon, and will be available within the next year or so.

Anyone know if Lexus will have a new version of the sportcross as well?

I want to get a Sportcross, but don't know if I should wait for the new car.

Thanks
Old 05-09-04, 09:46 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Well Lexus is definitely doing their best to stay in tune and broaden the platform like the 3 series. It's probably likely they will add a SportCross variant again if they want to stay in like with the 3 series benchmark.
Old 05-10-04, 06:46 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Question

Unfortunately, the first SportCross sold in very low numbers.....perhaps the least popular model Lexus has ever introduced. It is possible but not likely that a successor will be introduced. Flipside has a point that they may so do if they want to keep up with the 3-series..but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.
Another reason to consider the present one while it is still available: If a new SportCross IS introduced, it will likely have a V6.....and the present in-line six has several advantages over the V6. These include being easier to work on, smoother operation, and durability...it doesn't have the sludging and gel problems that some of the Lexus V6s have had from lack of oil changes.
At one time there was hope for an AWD IS300 / SportCross, but that instead is being introduced on the new GS, not the IS.
Old 05-12-04, 12:47 PM
knip21
Driver School Candidate

If Lexus is trying to follow BMW's lead then there will most likely be no Sportcross, since BMW will discontinue shipping their sportwagon stateside at the end of the year. I called BMW earlier this year to see about putting an order in for their sportwagon and the salesman said, no-can-do. The new X3 has taken its place. Mini-SUVs are the craze these days and US consumers are just not that keen on wagons like Europeans. But then again if gas prices keep heading north with no end in sight, the wagon might become viable in the US market once again (but I wouldn't hold my breath).
Old 05-16-04, 10:26 AM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

I heard that Lexus has officially discontinued the Sportcross. Sales sucking was the driving factor.
Old 05-16-04, 10:50 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by BigJoeD
I heard that Lexus has officially discontinued the Sportcross. Sales sucking was the driving factor.
Maybe, but it's still on sale for the 04 MY.
Old 05-16-04, 06:49 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

The SportCross won't be returning with the IS redesign.

It will be offered as a sedan, coupe, and convertible.
It should also be available with 2 engine choices. IS430?
Old 05-21-04, 12:54 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

i have the 2004 model SportCross so Lexus is still "offering" it for this year. it is a very hard car to find though. i had to order mine and wait for it to ship from Japan. they don't make many of these due to poor sales mostly due to lack of marketing.

i went to a Toyota dealership the other day and one of the maint. department guys came out and asked me all kinds of questions of my car. he has never seen or heard of the SportCross. in fact, many Lexus Dealership reps would claim that the SportCross was discontinued at the end of 2003. don't listen to them. it is available in 2004.

it is a shame that Lexus did not include the sportcross as part of its marketing campaign. the SportCross is a great car and has better weight distribution than the sedan counterpart...almost 50/50 due to the extra 150 lbs in the back.

personally, i think wagon demand is on the rise with more car companies coming out with "radical" wagons such as the dodge magnum and mazda's 5 door zoom zoom. with gas prices sky rocketing, wagon will become even more attractive as alternatives to SUVs.

most likely, i think Lexus will probably discontinue the SportCross soon due to its poor sales. oh well, i don't mind though since i got mine. it just makes mine that much more special.

so i would recommend settling for a 2004 model. i would not count on lexus in continuing the sportcross in the next generation of IS300s.

Last edited by darden; 05-21-04 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-21-04, 09:59 AM
knip21
Driver School Candidate

Smile

You are lucky to get a Sportcross for '04. It takes persistence and smarts to get one of those these days. Enjoy it and cherish it. I'm holding on to mine for quite some time. I bought mine in November '01 -- at that time every color was available on the lot. Longo Lexus had at least one in every color. I test drove a GGP and they gave me brand new one (GGP) for purchase. I really wanted the yellow, but the wife got to pick the color. Anyway, I love my Sportcross; it still turns heads.

Originally posted by darden
i have the 2004 model SportCross so Lexus is still "offering" it for this year. it is a very hard car to find though. i had to order mine and wait for it to ship from Japan. they don't make many of these due to poor sales mostly due to lack of marketing.

i went to a Toyota dealership the other day and one of the maint. department guys came out and asked me all kinds of questions of my car. he has never seen or heard of the SportCross. in fact, many Lexus Dealership reps would claim that the SportCross was discontinued at the end of 2003. don't listen to them. it is available in 2004.

it is a shame that Lexus did not include the sportcross as part of its marketing campaign. the SportCross is a great car and has better weight distribution than the sedan counterpart...almost 50/50 due to the extra 150 lbs in the back.

personally, i think wagon demand is on the rise with more car companies coming out with "radical" wagons such as the dodge magnum and mazda's 5 door zoom zoom. with gas prices sky rocketing, wagon will become even more attractive as alternatives to SUVs.

most likely, i think Lexus will probably discontinue the SportCross soon due to its poor sales. oh well, i don't mind though since i got mine. it just makes mine that much more special.

so i would recommend settling for a 2004 model. i would not count on lexus in continuing the sportcross in the next generation of IS300s.

Last edited by knip21; 05-21-04 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-09-04, 08:38 PM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Talking

Thank You for all the replys, and I'm happy to say that I'm now a proud owner of an 04 Stoneblue Metallic SportCross with polished graphite rims
Old 08-10-04, 12:01 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by TRD-bB
Thank You for all the replys, and I'm happy to say that I'm now a proud owner of an 04 Stoneblue Metallic SportCross with polished graphite rims
Welcome to the club...rare combo color for that particular model BTW...BLUEStone...
Old 08-10-04, 03:47 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by TRD-bB
congratulations! welcome to the elite ownership of sportcross.
Old 08-10-04, 08:42 AM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Originally posted by flipside909
Welcome to the club...rare combo color for that particular model BTW...BLUEStone...
Yes, I meant BLUEstone

I'm very surprise to find 2 sportcross on the dealer lot.
one is a 03 black/black leftover from last year. And mine was actually special ordered by someone on April, but he or she backed out at the last minute...........lucky me
Old 08-20-04, 11:24 PM
ANYTIME
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default !

Congrats! You'll love it! I really like the blue on the SC. You have the taillights I want for my '03 SC. Wanna swap?
Take care,
John

Last edited by ANYTIME; 08-20-04 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-21-04, 09:02 AM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Default Re: !

Originally posted by ANYTIME
Congrats! You'll love it! I really like the blue on the SC. You have the taillights I want for my '03 SC. Wanna swap?
Take care,
John
Sorry, no swapping...........I love my smoked taillights
Actually I wanted a yellow SC, too bad they stop making it.

I'm located in Socal Irvine, hopefully I'll see you on the road.
SCs are like an endangered species, very hard to see another one.

Quick Reply: New !S sportcross