IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Is430?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-04, 02:07 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Nah. Not on the current platform. Don't believe it. Except for the one Solo is talking about !

We know something you don't .

Sorry Richie.
You guys know you can trust me.
I would really like to know
Old 07-29-04, 01:33 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by solo
I can promise you that somebody on this board has an IS430. =)

-sOlo-
Could this possibly be the car you're talking about?
Old 07-29-04, 10:55 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bchau_gt

Who's is that and is it turbo'd?
Old 07-29-04, 12:01 PM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Richie

Who's is that and is it turbo'd?
i think this pic speaks for itself:

its is300allshow's yellow beast from .net

i saw this inperson at TBKO bbq. all i can say WOW. i wish i had $$
no # but here is a little run down per is300allshow

custom built GS400 motor was used with many modifications
4 1/2" thick custom IC
Garett Custom TE66 Turbo
Singal fogger NOS wet kit and all the goodies
custom 4" to 5" Exaust
650cc injectors

Last edited by EvgeshaIS300; 07-29-04 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-29-04, 03:30 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by EvgeshaIS300
its is300allshow's yellow beast from .net

i saw this inperson at TBKO bbq. all i can say WOW. i wish i had $$
no # but here is a little run down per is300allshow

custom built GS400 motor was used with many modifications
4 1/2" thick custom IC
Garett Custom TE66 Turbo
Singal fogger NOS wet kit and all the goodies
custom 4" to 5" Exaust
650cc injectors
Is it an automatic or is it a manual conversion and.......................damn that is awesome!!
Old 07-29-04, 09:18 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bchau_gt
No, but thats a nice job by TBKO.

-sOlo-
Old 07-29-04, 10:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by solo
No, but thats a nice job by TBKO.

-sOlo-
damn there is another one?!
Old 07-30-04, 12:02 AM
P.Williams
Pit Crew

Are these IS430's in question, located in the U.S.? Isn't it safe to say that there are probably several V8 powered IS's and Altezzas worldwide? With TTE and Rod Millen demonstrating what is possible, and countless competent shops, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than a few out there. The thought that at least one owner of such a car would be registered with ClubLexus, isn't really shocking either. With UZ powered Miatas, TA22 Celicas, ST185 rear-drive GT-Fours, Shelby Cobras, etc. roaming the planet, Lexus V8 swaps have become commonplace.
-Still wish I was one of those lucky IS430 owners, though.
Old 07-30-04, 12:07 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

I don't think IS430s or IS400s (in the case of IS300AllShow's car above) are that commonplace yet. A V8 swap into the IS still isn't very straight forward or affordable. I've only heard of a handful of V8-powered IS'es. It would be cool to see more though.
Old 07-30-04, 02:05 AM
P.Williams
Pit Crew

I wasn't suggesting that a 4.3L swap would be easy or affordable. However, a shop with the cash and a desire to show off their skills, could conceivably build their own. The UZ V8 swap into numerous different models is very common in Australia and New Zealand. As mentioned in my previous post, there is a gentleman who owns a first gen. Celica powered by a turbo'd V8, another who owns a Celica GT-Four Carlos Sainz which was converted from AWD to RWD and also sports a turbo'd V8. Most of the work on these cars was conceived and performed by the owners themselves. Swapping the earlier non-VVTi V8 shouldn't prove too much of a challenge for a capable shop. The current 4.3L VVT-i engine would certainly cause more fuss if you desired to retain all of the car's computer controlled systems, and integrating them with the V8's ecu. However, I still don't believe that there are only a couple of shops that could complete such a task. Granted, it would be pricey. The money that some IS owners have put into their 2JZGTE powered cars, suggests that to drivers such as those, price is of little concern.
Old 07-30-04, 08:48 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by P.Williams
I wasn't suggesting that a 4.3L swap would be easy or affordable. However, a shop with the cash and a desire to show off their skills, could conceivably build their own. The UZ V8 swap into numerous different models is very common in Australia and New Zealand. As mentioned in my previous post, there is a gentleman who owns a first gen. Celica powered by a turbo'd V8, another who owns a Celica GT-Four Carlos Sainz which was converted from AWD to RWD and also sports a turbo'd V8. Most of the work on these cars was conceived and performed by the owners themselves. Swapping the earlier non-VVTi V8 shouldn't prove too much of a challenge for a capable shop. The current 4.3L VVT-i engine would certainly cause more fuss if you desired to retain all of the car's computer controlled systems, and integrating them with the V8's ecu. However, I still don't believe that there are only a couple of shops that could complete such a task. Granted, it would be pricey. The money that some IS owners have put into their 2JZGTE powered cars, suggests that to drivers such as those, price is of little concern.
Very good point. Hell, I wish I could've afforded an engine swap!
Old 07-30-04, 09:45 AM
TCM080903
Pole Position

here's a message from the owner of that beautiful yellow beast "the punisher" : (he can't seem to log in, so he's asking me to post for him. he's "IS300AllShow" over at is300.NET.)

Ok guy's sorry I do come over here as well as .net but I have not been able to log in for some time now so I will try and answer a few of your questions.

Richie it is still an auto lots of custom godies including a tranny managment system made specific for this project and the IS300 by PCS.

The motor started as a stock GS400 motor it is far from that now. there is no VVT-I, and drive by wire. All the motor and drive train work was done at Turboeast formaly known as TBKO.

For the guy's talking about another V-8 swap I would love to know who is doing it or if they are local to me I am in Wisconsin and the guy's talking about the other one are in Chicago may be hit me up with a pm.

As for the motor swap becoming comen place well I think that the motor swap you will be seeing many more of in the future. I tried to kick it up a notch by being the first to run the swap and have it turboed.

and to this date I am pretty sure that I am the first that has done the V-8 swap and turbo into an IS300 unless someone knows of another one. I am pretty sure that I am also the only non corprate backed person to do the V-8 swap. ( but that is why I want to talk to the other person people are talking about )

ok well if I can ever get my accounts figured out and get loged in over here I would be happy to answer any question. you can PM me over at IS300.net IS300AllShow and there are more pictures in this thread.

Thanks for posting for me thundercloud080903
Old 07-30-04, 01:57 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TCM080903
here's a message from the owner of that beautiful yellow beast "the punisher" : (he can't seem to log in, so he's asking me to post for him. he's "IS300AllShow" over at is300.NET.)

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guy's sorry I do come over here as well as .net but I have not been able to log in for some time now so I will try and answer a few of your questions.

Richie it is still an auto lots of custom godies including a tranny managment system made specific for this project and the IS300 by PCS.

The motor started as a stock GS400 motor it is far from that now. there is no VVT-I, and drive by wire. All the motor and drive train work was done at Turboeast formaly known as TBKO.

For the guy's talking about another V-8 swap I would love to know who is doing it or if they are local to me I am in Wisconsin and the guy's talking about the other one are in Chicago may be hit me up with a pm.

As for the motor swap becoming comen place well I think that the motor swap you will be seeing many more of in the future. I tried to kick it up a notch by being the first to run the swap and have it turboed.

and to this date I am pretty sure that I am the first that has done the V-8 swap and turbo into an IS300 unless someone knows of another one. I am pretty sure that I am also the only non corprate backed person to do the V-8 swap. ( but that is why I want to talk to the other person people are talking about )

ok well if I can ever get my accounts figured out and get loged in over here I would be happy to answer any question. you can PM me over at IS300.net IS300AllShow and there are more pictures in this thread.

Thanks for posting for me thundercloud080903

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the info man
Could you give us the link to the thread with the extra pics?
Old 07-30-04, 02:29 PM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

and 2 more here in TBKO folder:
http://photos.yahoo.com/geniusgzais300
Old 07-30-04, 02:30 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Richie
Thanks for the info man
Could you give us the link to the thread with the extra pics?
Here's the .NET thread:
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...pic&t=13394409

You can also look through TCM's Car Domain pages here:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501086/7
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501086/8
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501086/9

Quick Reply: Is430?