IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Best IS300 Alarm?? Please help with my decision!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-04, 09:49 PM
YoNadz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best IS300 Alarm?? Please help with my decision!!

I am moving into a apartment in a few weeks and really think it would be a wise idea to invest in a alarm for my IS. Not that I am moving into some ghetto *** apartment or anything, but just because I have had cars get ****ed with in my own driveway before and know how much of a **** some people can be. I've had 2 cars broken into. Don't want my IS to be 3rd. I am seeking help in my decision on alarms. I want something that definetly has the pager feature, and 'proximity' alarm. Remote start wouldn't be bad either. PLEASE HELP! I searched and found that most go with the Compustar, Clifford, or Viper alarm. What are the main features of each alarm? Do all have the pager feature? PLEASE INCLUDE ALARM MODEL NUMBERS...if you know them. Pros and Cons about units would be AWESOME too. Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-22-04, 10:01 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

I have the Clifford Matrix Responder (RSX 3.5). It's there top-of-the-line 2-way security system with remote start. I also added optional windows automation modules to be able to control all 4 windows with the remote. I really like it.

I find the remote start and windows automation convenient, and the alarm itself is very good in my opinion. The range isn't as good as the Clifford 2WSS, but I don't really need up to a 1/4 mile or greater coverage. If I'm that far away, what can I really do anyways?

Overall, it's a good security system, and I like the look of the remote a little more than the Compustar. I've heard that you should expect to pay $800-1000+ for these high-end alarms with installation (from lisnup of .NET).
Old 07-22-04, 11:05 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

If you want to utilize your factory keyfob, I would suggest the new dual stage alarm upgrade by Luxury Motorworks. LXOGOOD has been working on setting up a groupbuy for this. Check it out in the GS forum. It's all plugged in through wiring harnesses and clips...not cut and spliced.
Old 07-23-04, 03:44 AM
YoNadz
Pole Position

what are the differences from the Clifford and Compustar?
Old 07-23-04, 05:09 AM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

I have the compustar and love it. Reason is its so easily to upgrade. Mine is pretty simple alarm on and off and I have sensor set to where I like. And when I go FI I dont take to take the whole alarm out but just buy a few parts and upgrade it.
Old 07-23-04, 07:32 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by YoNadz
what are the differences from the Clifford and Compustar?
I don't know a lot of specifics, but I was planning to get a Compustar until I got a really good deal on the Clifford system. As far as I know, if you get the Compustar 2WSS and compare it to the Clifford RSX 3.5 (both top-of-the-line), then the Compustar definitely has a much better range. You can monitor the car from a much greater distance.

Aside from that, I think both offer very similar features, such as 2-way, remote start, and shock sensor. Both alarms also obviously work with the stock Lexus immobolizer. I'm not sure whether the Compustar supports windows automation modules as a auxiliary input.

I also think the Clifford is a little less expensive.
Old 07-23-04, 07:33 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by vboy418
I have the compustar and love it. Reason is its so easily to upgrade. Mine is pretty simple alarm on and off and I have sensor set to where I like. And when I go FI I dont take to take the whole alarm out but just buy a few parts and upgrade it.
What upgrades would you have to do to your alarm system after going for F/I? Why wouldn't you just get everything you want with the alarm installed all at once?
Old 07-24-04, 01:24 PM
chiu_888
Driver School Candidate

Default clifford

I have the Clifford AvantGuard4 thats one of their top of the line alarms other than the Matrix it doesn't have pager though. But i don't have any complaints about the alarm the installers told me that its better than the new G5 version. It also took them 16hrs to install. It normally cost about 900-1000 for alarm plus install but you can go to www.nexxon.com and get the alarm from them its only 384. plus its got a built in turbo timer if you plan to go f/i. it comes with window roll up for only the 2 front windows. remote start, proximity sensor, 2 point immobilizer, remote headlight activation. thats about all the features