IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS300.NET just went down the drain

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-01 | 07:20 PM
nutinbut

I think I might have found a new home page here....

I like it!!!
Old 05-16-01 | 10:20 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Leader
I registered here tonight. I, too, have been "lurking" (in a nice way) just to see what's up at ClubLexus.
Sadly, IS300.net seems to be getting less readable every day. Most new threads are about speeding tickets and drag racing with BMWs. Too bad. Guys like TEG and Tony have posted a lot of useful information, but now they're getting overwhelmed by the kids who just want to brag or see how many people they can "tick off." Enough already!
John,
Glad to see you have crossed to the other side. Many welcomes!

Ed
Old 05-17-01 | 10:31 AM
IsNYC
Driver School Candidate

I've been lurking this site for a while, but I finally registered today to ask a question to all the IS300.NETters who have jumped ships...what is so great about this site? I don't see too much info for the IS300 here. Am I missing something? A link to lots of IS300 info that I didn't know about? I'm not trying to rag on this forum (definitely not my intention), just wondering why alot of you are posting that this site is so much better? Is it the level of moderation? Is it the spell checker that this site has?
Old 05-17-01 | 10:42 AM
Black_IS300
Pole Position

I wouldnt say I jumped ship. I still go to is300.net regularly. There is still lots of good information there. I just go to both sites now instead of just one
Old 05-19-01 | 11:41 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

ISNYC--- This site may not have all the info IS300.net has yet but it is for a more mature type crowd... .. I go to IS300.net everyday it is not a bad site at all and has great info, hopefully we will be able to have more ppl on the site come here also and post info...all the trolls that are popping up there are killing me tho...
Old 05-20-01 | 01:45 AM
Lucky

I agree with Black, Brian, et al.
It's heartening to see people whose posts I read regularly on is300.net (Brian, Scrap, Risk, Jeff, to name a few), posting here.

Though I still frequent Is300.net regularly, I spend more time here now. I read a few posts there, but I don't respond; this coming from a Parking Lot regular! I used to enjoy the bantering, teasing and collegial repartee of the PL. Now it's being dominated by a clique of adolescent-minded people who seem to use the PL as a forum to continue their AIM chats.

The Go Fast and Stop Drop forums are still alive and pertinent, though. I read those forums first because of the posters (mentioned above). The information I have found there is invaluable : I have decided which springs, shocks, sways, exhaust and intake I will purchase in the future because of the info gleaned from their posts. Thanks guys.

I'm glad to see those knowledgeable posters who have helped me so much migrating to ClubLexus.

I'm looking forward to their contributions here, especially future forced induction posts!