IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Xs-engineering

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-01, 06:21 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

well guys it looks like I will be going to get my turbo installed at XS. After months of debate and talkin to many tuners I have tentatively set a date for June 25th to go out to cali to drop my car off....as long as I can get the time off of werk it will be done by July25th..
stage 1 for me will consist of turbo- and transwork and XS is saying the car will put out somewhere around 300-330 rwhp at 7-8 psi... this is running at stock compression and a T3/T4 hybrid, torque converter, valvebodies and some customs trans work. I will not be going with a bodykit yet seeing as I dont really like them so the intercooler will be different then TurboIS seeing as he has much more space with the C-West kit..
Wish me luck and hopefully some of us east coast guys(up north) will be able to see a turbo IS for maple grove (fall race) and atco and englishtown..

peace
Old 05-17-01, 06:36 AM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Sounds like your IS300 will really be a unique car. So what is your final price tag going to be?

Old 05-17-01, 06:39 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

some where in the 10k range at first but when I bring it back out to get retuned and bump the boost up too 2-15-20 psi it is gonna be costing me some more cash.. also looking into the Supra 6 speed conversion... and discussed going all drag next season with my car.. gut it and tin it out...but who knows...
Old 05-17-01, 07:55 AM
mccarlin
Driver School Candidate

I just finalized a deal with SOUND PERFORMANCE here in IL and they are sponsoring me.....

I am getting a SP63 custom turbo kit, Speed Pro engine management system, new fuel system, Stainless steel manifold and all piping, Vavle body and trans work (possible a built supra Auto).....
t will put out 640+ RWHP......to the wheels baby!!!!!

I cant wait, it will be a winter project for sure since it will take 2 months to complete!
My goal is to have the FASTEST IS300 in the US....and possibly one of the fastest street 4dr cars in the US.

since they are sponsoring me all i have to pay for is parts....no labor......

so im looking like its gonna be like 10k for everything..

Im soo glad i signed that deal with them, i feel much better now that some other IS300 owner cant go there and have them sponsor them.

Im am soooooooo excited
Old 05-17-01, 09:10 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

McCarlin----I am glad it werked out for you...SP is a Great place and knows sooooooo much about our motors and I am stoked for you... good luck and I will definitely see you at the track... cause when I am done with my 2nd stage I will be right around the 700 rwhp mark so we will be racing together.. let me know if they can swap trannies out... 6spd supra .. thanks..
Brian
Old 05-17-01, 09:45 AM
Black_IS300
Pole Position

Congratulations guys.. you guys must be pretty excited. I cant wait to get some forced induction!
Old 05-17-01, 09:48 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Black-- I am stoked... just trying to get everythign else taken care of before I send it out.... C/O's, sways,Brakes, LSD, ect.... basically I am gonna be POOOR for a while.... LOL
Old 05-17-01, 10:22 AM
Black_IS300
Pole Position

LOL.. might be poor for a while but youll have one badass car. Thats pretty funny that you also bought intake and exhaust.. did you know you were going FI the whole time? I did... I bought my intake and exhaust to pacify me untill I can get some boost.
Old 05-17-01, 03:03 PM
mccarlin
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by fairuza11
McCarlin----I am glad it werked out for you...SP is a Great place and knows sooooooo much about our motors and I am stoked for you... good luck and I will definitely see you at the track... cause when I am done with my 2nd stage I will be right around the 700 rwhp mark so we will be racing together.. let me know if they can swap trannies out... 6spd supra .. thanks..
Brian
Are you sure you have your numbers correct.....
I have EXTENSIVE research from IS300.net on the XS engineering turbo and their sponsor car is at stage 3 thats putting out 450RWHP.....

I have all the quotes and everything from the threads XS posted and at 12PSI they dynoed just under 400RWHP......i cant see 20PSI being 700RWHP....not with the turbo they are providing and using the stock fuel system....

just a thought!
Old 05-17-01, 05:41 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

McCarlin-- this would be my stage 2-3 not thiers... it would be like their stage 5 I guess if you wanted to go there and explain it like that.... basically it would be a full on drag car....we have not werked out all the fine details yet.. but nothing would be stock on that at that point....when it is done it is gonna be very different then TURBOIS' car.. ..

Old 05-17-01, 06:51 PM
mccarlin
Driver School Candidate

So your going to turn your IS300 into a drag car.....not street drivable!!!!

My goal is to have the fastest Street Is300 and the first stage were doing is going to be 650RWHP....

after that i can go up to 800-900.........maybe more....
sound performance can handle it for me......

Just upgrade the turbo and the tranny and im FLYING...literally
Old 05-17-01, 07:06 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

sweet.. I cannot wait to see how it turns out for you...it is good to see IS owners pushing each other to new limits... ya know..800-900 damn that is impressive and very doable as you said... all depends on money for me now... how much do I want to spend on my car ... I kinda had my heart set on gettin a new motorcylce from west coast choppers next summer if I skip that then I might be able to hang with you mod for mod.. but I like the idea of having more toys not all my cash in one toy... GOOD LUCK and let me know if you learn anything new with your car...(trans mods, motor mods ect...)
Old 05-17-01, 07:49 PM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

so mike, you are going to SP? congrats! me and brian almost decided to go there and get sponsored, but brian didnt wanna wait till winter time! remember brian? hahaha. but glad you got sponsor bro, PM me and fill me in. who did you talk to there? did he mention anything about us calling in previously asking about a custom kit getting done? sorry for asking so damn much..but you kinda made me regret not doing a deal with them
Old 05-17-01, 07:50 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

mccarlin...it sounds grat but i dont think your gonna have enough room in the engine bay for a stainless steel manifold......big turbo..and still have abs,......SP is a very good company and have some great lexus and supra work.....but that engine bay is tight..im anxios to see it....

fairuza 11...just curious why you wanted to go all the way to cali ?....why did you decide agianst toyomoto?..just curious...email me if you like..Jeff
Old 05-17-01, 08:07 PM
TurboIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by mccarlin

Are you sure you have your numbers correct.....
I have EXTENSIVE research from IS300.net on the XS engineering turbo and their sponsor car is at stage 3 thats putting out 450RWHP.....

I have all the quotes and everything from the threads XS posted and at 12PSI they dynoed just under 400RWHP......i cant see 20PSI being 700RWHP....not with the turbo they are providing and using the stock fuel system....

just a thought!
I just wanted to make something clear... The XS car is still a Stage 1 kit that puts out 415RWHP, not stage 3....

Quick Reply: Xs-engineering