IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

NJ Hot Import Nights Meet 7/7

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-01, 08:13 AM
Accord-R
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

How about a meet for Hot Import Nights in NJ on Saturday July 7th? Maybe we meet up around 5 for an early dinner (and to get some half way decent parking spots). Post here if anyone is interested.

P.S.- Since my car is not done I have an extra ticket if anyone wants to show their car.
Old 07-02-01, 12:24 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a good idea... alot of us will be at Nassau Colliseum at the mercedes benz power trip.. maybe we should meet up there... and then go grab some food and then go to HIN...

i hope my tires will make it.. im running SOO low on tread... i drove down to e-town and my front tires are already bald on the inside...
Old 07-02-01, 08:57 PM
SophieSleeps
Pole Position

Dan, I might be coming down for this too with a bunch of friends...

Kev lowered his Grand Am and go 18's.

Any idea how long it takes from Hartford?
Old 07-02-01, 11:13 PM
BigDaddyRich
Driver School Candidate

TiCal... can I roll wit you since my car is undriveable - (it's in the works) and the route to MB Powertrip is right by my house? gimme a call and let me know if thats cool?
Old 07-03-01, 04:38 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ???????

BigDaddy,

Did I miss something in the last day? What happened to your car?

Originally posted by BigDaddyRich
TiCal... can I roll wit you since my car is undriveable - (it's in the works) and the route to MB Powertrip is right by my house? gimme a call and let me know if thats cool?
Old 07-03-01, 06:36 AM
kel3
Rookie

Tical, Just get your tires flipped I just got mine done and the insides where noticably lower on tread, if you do this
once every 4-6 months or so your tires will wear pretty evenly and last a little longer if your car is lowered.

Second are any of you bringing your queen bees' to this meet? I dont want to bring sand to the beach if you no what I mean.....

Third can I meet up with you guys at 5pm? where do you live BigDaddy? In queens right?

Tical if your driving solo I can meet up with you in Conn. since thats the route I'll take from Mass.

MrMark if you are at the show we can handle that this weekend for sure just bring the stuff with you..

-kel

Old 07-03-01, 08:36 AM
Accord-R
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

I'll be at Hot Import Nights all day, so I'll be easy to meet up with. I have to be there in the morning, I registered my Dad's car for the show!
Old 07-03-01, 11:59 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

sophie... u might be coming?? to where? HIN or MB Power Trip?? or both>???

Bigdaddy... in the works?? for real?? i cant wait to see it... its going to look HOT!!!!!! and i dont know if you can roll with me... it all depends if i can get the car raised... and how bald my tires are... wait.. maybe you can roll with Ted in his Taurus... also, susie will be with me... so that would mean i'd have to use the rear seats.... hmmmm ur asking for alot... we'll talk about it later..gimme a call.. you remember my friend Eric who came with me to E-town...did u notice he was rolling in Teds GS... ??? the reason is cuz i couldn't have the extra weight in my car.... cuz its so low...i didn't want to risk any additional weight while driving through ny... i scrape as it is...when just by myself....its not a good feeling...

kelby... 1st... correct me if im wrong.... but aren't ZR rated tires designed to go in only one direction?? in the past..with my civic..i did exactly what you did.. flip the tires... inside out... but they were 15 inch rims with HR rated tires.. the tread pattern was the same either way.... 2nd.. when are you traveling through CT?? me, susie, ted..and whoever else is coming with us... are leaving in the morning..to go to the MB POWER TRIP... so if you come early enough..ofcourse you can roll with us... and if ur rollin solo..maybe you can let rich roll with u.....

Old 07-03-01, 01:14 PM
kel3
Rookie

Rich can role with me what time are you guys leaving for the MB thing?? As for the tires you can flip them followed by a rotation so that they all spin in the right direction a tire shop did mine cause LEXUS had my rotation on the rear wheels backwards I drove to conn that time with my wheels like this! They are going to reimburse me.
Old 07-03-01, 06:42 PM
YLW IS300
Pole Position

Once again, You guys suck. Can't you maybe do some more **** on Sunday. Some of us do have jobs and have to work on Saturday.

Apparently I am the only one going to MB on Sunday. This makes HIN kinda hard since I wouldn't get home till like 3AM from there, then turn around at like 6AM and drive back down

Old 07-05-01, 11:38 PM
g-money
Driver School Candidate

My IS will be at the show :-) representing Team Infamous
Old 07-07-01, 12:54 PM
YELLOWis300
Driver School Candidate

i will be at the hot import nite tonite... so holla at me... YELLOW is300