IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Srt Ecu Upgrades To Come!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-01, 03:27 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ok ppl I have talked to MO today and he explained it to me and wanted me to put up a thread on this. On top of workin on my car sniff sniff, he has been workin on two more ECUS for our car. His race piggyback ECU will be like the one you get with your SRT HFI intake, cept it will add another 8 rwhp ontop of what you get with your current ECU, so as A 51 tested the SRT at 179 with stock exhaust he is expecting 187-188. The stage 2 ECU will be a whole replacement ECU and numbers on this will not be disclosed until tuning is done on my car since I will be using one for my SC setup, also the tranny ECU will be released in the next 2-3 weeks, the time frame for the race and stage 2 ECU will be 3-4 or sooner.
hang in there everyone it is just starting to get good , MO also said he has something in the werks that he could not tell me but it is raelly good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! feel free to ask questions about it I will answer them as best I can....

the price for the RACE ECU piggyback will be 50-100 with the swap of your current SRT ECU!!
Old 07-30-01, 11:47 PM
changster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fairuza11 ok I might sound stupid. If I take out the piggyback that's on my car to send in when the new ECU is out would my car still run ok. sorry to ask dumb question coz I don't know much about it. Thanks
Old 07-31-01, 04:50 AM
Marley
Pole Position

I think someone said that if you get this ecu Mo will send the stage two ECU, once you get it you send him the old ecu.
Old 07-31-01, 08:53 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

yeah it jsut would not have as much power seeing as it will not have the piggyback ECU for a few days
Old 07-31-01, 04:06 PM
changster
Rookie

Cool thanks. Now on the new ECU controll can we do adjustments on it. Or it's the same as what we have right now
Old 07-31-01, 07:33 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

not programmable but gives you 8 hp
Old 07-31-01, 08:33 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Originally posted by fairuza11
yeah it jsut would not have as much power seeing as it will not have the piggyback ECU for a few days
Are you sure about that???

When I got my SRT HFI kit I raced home to install it. Then I realized, after installing the air tube parts, that I left my soldering gun at work. I figured I could just drive the car without the piggy back ecu. But the dam car would barely run or even idle. That's why I say "are you sure"?

Tranny ecu? The engine and trans use the same ecu???????

Old 08-01-01, 03:09 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

the intake shouls still werk even with out the piggyback ecu as long as the MAF sensor is in place... the tranny ecu is not the same as the engine management ecu... two diff ecu's
Old 08-01-01, 06:27 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Brian....

How's the Caravan treating you... hehehe ....

Just kidding buddy. Hey, sounds like your car is getting close!!! Can't wait to see it...I wanna' be one of the first riders! Hope Mo can fit me into his schedule at the end of the month. Keep up the good work.

Mark
Old 08-01-01, 09:44 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Originally posted by fairuza11
the intake shouls still werk even with out the piggyback ecu as long as the MAF sensor is in place... the tranny ecu is not the same as the engine management ecu... two diff ecu's
Your saying that Mo will have two piggyback ecu's soon, one for engine performance and one for trans shifting. That means that they must both need to be wired into the same factory ecu because the IS300 uses the same ecu for the engine and the trans.
Old 08-02-01, 10:43 AM
marke1
Driver School Candidate

I'm pretty sure that MO said you must run the intake and the piggyback ECU together. They cannot be run separately. Has he changed his stance on this?
Old 08-02-01, 04:29 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

I will call MO and ask him on this ECU Q. I am jsut figuring on the basic idea of an intake and how it werks, so far on this topic I have not talked to MO about it.. I will tho and get back to you on... as far as the tranny ecu is concerned I beleive it is not a Piggyback it is a whole unit. the STAGE2 and Tranny ECU are in my car along with the Torque converter. I talked to mo earlier today as he was driving my car and without power braking he spun wheels in first gear as I listened axniously...... woohooo and he says there is a very noticable difference with the TC.

thanks MARK... LOL yeah the minivan is runnin 13's now...HAHAHAH I am racing it at NIRA this weekend.....
200 HP NOS shot..
Old 08-07-01, 09:12 PM
Swift Racing
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK guys/gals,
The race version of the ecu is a swap out unit, basically we will send you a new unit and you swap and send us your old one back, final price is still TBD, as well as HP and Tq figures. In addittion to this we will also have a STAGE 2 ECU (sold seperately) for all the Lexus models that will give an addittional 5-10% gains in HP, yes that is in ADDITTION to what you already have, wether race version or normal.

Sorry for not being here as often as wanted, but we have been really busy with the new products coming out as well as our movein to our new 6,250 sq. ft facility.