IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Pics w/ Top Gun kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-01 | 09:39 AM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Default lexlyf3......

Thanks, its still in a buildup process. More to come in the near future.
Old 08-22-01 | 11:27 AM
dpatterson069
Pole Position

the car looks like it is gonna swallow up a small civic!!!!!

NICE KIT!!! good job!!!
Old 08-22-01 | 11:29 AM
dpatterson069
Pole Position

it looks like your IS300 is gonna swallow up a small civic!!!
NICE KIT!!!
Old 08-22-01 | 12:16 PM
jiggafett
Rookie

Oh yeah, I think I had asked you where you live before. Looks like someone else has a very similar hookup as you. That's why I was wondering. No car shows for me at least not in the near future.
Old 08-22-01 | 12:34 PM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Smile Better quality pics

Hey everybody here are some better pics of the car. I also think I may have some good news. Right now I'm in the process of working a sponsorship on my car with Konig wheels. Wish me luck.
Attached Thumbnails Pics w/ Top Gun kit-dsc00021.jpg  
Old 08-22-01 | 06:36 PM
Yelois300
Driver School Candidate

Default Check it out

Looks good, real good Flex, I pmed you, check it out!
Old 08-22-01 | 06:39 PM
Yelois300
Driver School Candidate

Default looks good

looks really good, i pmed you, check it out!
Old 08-22-01 | 06:42 PM
Yelois300
Driver School Candidate

Default :)

I have 19 inch Konig Verdicts in black opal, looks pretty sweet.
Old 09-03-01 | 03:54 PM
lilrocket
Driver School Candidate

dude i love those wheels!!! im thinkin about gettin them. and the kit looks nice too
Old 09-04-01 | 04:42 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

F LEX IN - Why would you want to work a deal with a knock-off wheel manufacturer? Konigs are CRAP. Those are SSR knock-offs, why not get the real forged SSRs?...

Old 09-04-01 | 05:44 AM
Yelois300
Driver School Candidate

Default konig

Why would you classify Konig as being crap? Last time I checked out my car with the 19 inch Verdicts it looked pretty sweet and for the price its not all that bad.
Old 09-04-01 | 06:11 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

It's not about the look...the Verdict is DIRECT knock-off of the BIM Creative Zeit's...which is WHY it looks good. The Zeit's are great looking wheels.

Konig is CRAP because EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR WHEELS is a KNOCK-OFF...not only that, when they knock-off 3-piece wheels, they knock it off by making it a 1-piece wheels with fake bolts to give it that 3-piece "look"...again, fake. It's like have shiny brass and trying to pass it off as gold.

Konig is also CRAP on Lexus cars because you're buy cheap knock-off wheels for a Luxury car. That's like buy K-Mart Blue Light Special shoes to wear with an Armani outfit...looks cheap...is cheap....you have a $30K+ Lexus, not a $10K Civic...

Plus Konig wheels are cheap low-quality cast wheels. They're heavy and not nearly as strong as forged or high-quality cast wheels...Konigs are cheapswheels that belong on cheap cars...that's why so many beaten up Civics have them...but I guess if you want to cheapen up your Lexus, that's your business...

Other than that, they're fine...

Old 09-04-01 | 10:57 AM
lilrocket
Driver School Candidate

i agree with manaray, i wouldnt put konigs on a lexus. they'd look good, but itd go with something more expensive like lowenhart's, or i like racing harts too.

and good luck with the sponsering. got any engine mods?
Old 09-05-01 | 07:45 AM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Knock off SSR I don't think so. SSR does make a one piece wheel. As for why Konig, I'm into the show scene and they are a large company that is strong in the import world so why not have a large company like that backing you. One of their sponsored cars happens to be Ed Bergenholtz's 9 sec CRX and he has more money invested in that car than anybody here.
Old 09-05-01 | 08:44 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Do you think ANY of Konigs wheels are of their own design?! Are you KIDDING ME?! That's a good one! Anyways, I know that SSR makes a 1-piece wheel...That's not the point. The point is, is that the Konig is a KNOCK-OFF of the SSR. As for the whole 3-piece thing, what I was talking about is when Konig knocks off a 3-piece wheel they make into a 1-piece wheel that simply LOOKS like a 3-piece wheel. Konigs are FAKES. PERIOD.

As for the show scene...heheheh, I think I've heard of the "show scene"...hmmm, I think I've been in the "show scene" for like 10 years now and I'm STILL in it...Hot Import Nights, Import Showoff? I was around before they were. The reason why Konigs are "strong" in the import worlds is because the wheels are CHEAP (inexpensive too! ) and they knock off good looking wheels! Plain and simple. Most of these people that buy them don't know that Konigs are nothing but cheap fakes.

Hehehe, it's funny that you mention Ed...I was talking to him a while back (while helping him load that very 9 sec. CRX you're talking about into his trailer) and he was talking about how he was working a deal with a "real" wheel company...hahahha....even he knows Konig sucks but they pay the $$$ and when you race, you have bills to pay. Getting paying sponsors isn't easy....

Cars that get real respect in the "show scene" are cars like Non Fujita's and the rest of the guys in Art n Motion...notice they don't ride on Konigs...notice their cars have QUALITY parts on them...

And it doesn't have to do simply with PRICE. You don't have to have $6000 wheels just because you have a Lexus. But you should at LEAST put on the ORIGINAL wheels. If you like the style of the SSR, then get SSR's. Don't get cheap fakes like Konigs.

Quick Reply: Pics w/ Top Gun kit