IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

My IS was just stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-06, 01:54 PM
cyberstven
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My IS was just stolen!

Hey all. I woke up today with my dad asking where my car was. My car wasnt where I parked it, and there was no glass on the ground or anything. I called the police right away and reported it and they activated my lojack. They called me back shortly and said that they found a signal and that it was still in the neaby area of my house (like 10 miles or something). They called me back one more time to make sure one of my friends wasnt playing a prank on me and I havnt heard from them since. Im thinking maybe its in a garage? I really dont know how Lo Jack works, but if they havnt been able to find it yet, do you think they are really going to ever find it? How the hell did these *******s get into my car? Thanks all

-Steve
Old 08-26-06, 03:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am very sorry to hear aboutt hat....

it's just a car, if a thief wants it, he will get it, even if it's a lexus. there are ways to make a car more secured but that means there is always a way to get around it. maybe they towed the whole thing or they override the system and drove it away.

hope lojack finds your car back and it's still all intact.
Old 08-26-06, 07:17 PM
cyberstven
Driver School Candidate

Yo, good news, they found the car. The sub was jacked and the car was trashed from them looking for other ****, but other than that, it was fine. The weird thing is, it was like walking distance from my house. Why the hell would they take my car and drive it just to jack the sub? The cop said its a theifs way of making sure lojack isnt installed and they would come back and pick it up. However, I would think if that was the case, they would have left it in more of a remote area in the hills and not left my map light on. Kinda weird. At least I have my baby back
Old 08-27-06, 12:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by cyberstven
Yo, good news, they found the car. The sub was jacked and the car was trashed from them looking for other ****, but other than that, it was fine. The weird thing is, it was like walking distance from my house. Why the hell would they take my car and drive it just to jack the sub? The cop said its a theifs way of making sure lojack isnt installed and they would come back and pick it up. However, I would think if that was the case, they would have left it in more of a remote area in the hills and not left my map light on. Kinda weird. At least I have my baby back
well the idea for them is to stay in the car as short as possible just in case police activate the lojack fast enough

either way, good to know that the car is still all good
Old 08-28-06, 07:01 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you got your car back. I think they left the dome light on to run the battery down so they could get the car without having to worry about the lo jack or the car alarm.
Old 08-28-06, 09:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Glad to see you got your car back. I think they left the dome light on to run the battery down so they could get the car without having to worry about the lo jack or the car alarm.
i believe lojack has their own battery?
Old 08-29-06, 11:19 AM
formosa927
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
i believe lojack has their own battery?
yes and you suppose to replace it every 4 years, $75 per change

but isnt we have chip in the key, how do they take the car? i am guessing the person might have a copy of the key?

was the door lock damaged?
Old 08-29-06, 06:40 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smokn'_joe

but isnt we have chip in the key, how do they take the car? i am guessing the person might have a copy of the key?

yeah i also want to know hoe they took your car, since the key is chipped and the teeth on the keys are inverted..i know that honda cars { s2000 }all the thief has to do is switch the ecu with his own and use his own key and wiggle it up and down in the ignition and then crank the car..supposely all honda cars are similar..but for lexus mercedes and other inverted keys thats imposible to do...i remember last year when my car got broken in too they couldnt start the car but stole my sound system, and rip my carpet to get to the decks brain...man i was more pissed about the ripped carpet on the passanger side then the system getting stolen thats easy to replace but the carpet ill have to rip the whole interior out to replace that

p.s lo jack is a POS if they couldnt tell you where your car is till the cops find it stripped that whats the use of it..my friends type r got stolen he called lo jack and they told him it was on 101 south, ***** 101South goes from san francisco to socal, and they end up finding his car in sacramento thats FU@kin north from san francisco
Old 08-29-06, 09:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by smokn'_joe

the key only "prolongs" the time for them to steal the car, if anything. like i siad, if they want it, they take it.
Old 08-31-06, 01:20 AM
formosa927
Driver

where can i get a shock sensor for factory alarm? as far as i konw, LMS did not have it in stock yet.
Old 09-01-06, 10:22 AM
XpLiZiT
Driver School Candidate

damn. sorry to hear that man.. hope this is the last "my is300 was stolen" thread i see as i dont see these that often.
Old 09-01-06, 04:19 PM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

im gettin scared.. maybe i should get shock sensors too... neone know a good place in so cal?? maybe we can all go together and get some discounts..