IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Toyomoto Header For IS300..hp gains

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-01, 09:17 PM
neomurph
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large files. . .

Here are some basic pictures of what the headers look like. . . just components.

Last edited by neomurph; 10-23-01 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-23-01, 10:17 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

so what all do you need to have the full exhaust/header system going with none of it stock. I'm not familiar with exhausts at all really. Will this header go all the way to the mufflers or close or what?
Old 10-24-01, 04:08 AM
lexus tuned
Driver School Candidate

Cool pics....looks really clean. Think you might be able to show us pics of the new header actually installed in your IS?
Old 10-24-01, 06:59 AM
neomurph
Driver School Candidate

Default . . .

I'm sure that the actual owner will post pictures once they become available to him. I received these pictures off of IS300.net before their server went down.

Rob
99RX300
Old 10-24-01, 07:22 AM
Grey_is300
Driver

Hmmm,

very interesting If I didn't know better I would say those headers look sooooo much like the ones TRD makes for our Team lexus race cars. Hmm I happen to have a extra set as soon as I get to the shop I will take a picture and compare the two...
Old 10-24-01, 08:06 AM
Gabe
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm,
very interesting, SRT actually admitting that TOYOMOTO makes quality products even to the extent of being equal / or better than TRD.
Very interesting indeed.
Maybe they have come around since their Superchargers can't run
while each and every single TOYOMOTO car is on the streets NOT being worked on in the shop.
Also I seem to recall a thread asking for your dyno sheet - since your back at the office please post that up as well - Thanks
Old 10-24-01, 08:35 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

those headers were designed by toyomoto..i never even knew that TRD or anyone else for that matter made a header for this car...i would love to see a pic of your dyno chart and your header......how do you deal with check engine lights on your racing is300 with a header?.....do you use a standalone ECU or stock unit...?.....
Gabe..play nice......there still r&d the unit...for a while now...also grey...did any is300 s/c run at the track event?...is there any time on these cars?.....Jeff
Old 10-24-01, 08:42 AM
Grey_is300
Driver

The headers are on the Orange Is 300 that you see pics of.. The complete system I think costs around $3500.00. We don't worry about the check engine lights in the car cause well the computer just isn't exactly the same like the street cars... there is no muffler on our systems its a true race exauhst... As far as the trac with the SC's I am not sure I have been buisy with both Team Lexus and SRT as well as promoting my car with motor week. I only had my car for two days with the SC on it . I pulled everything out to change my stock wire loom and pretty up my engine.
Old 10-24-01, 08:50 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

gabe ...me and grey IS never said we thought toyomoto made bad stuff.. you knnow as well as jeffI like thier turbo kits and exhaust( I have a toyomoto exhaust on my car) take it easy man.... we have nothin against you or toyomoto... the way I look at it is fast is fast no matter how you get there it is all good... and I think the headers look good and have talked to jeff about them prior to this one post..

how is the car coming gabe? turbo on that yet? cant wait to see the pics...
Old 10-24-01, 08:58 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

cool...congrats on motor week...and why the hell did you put the charger on the car if you were gonna take it right back off?....your nuts...lol.....heres a link to pics of the header on the car and the dyno sheet of HP gain...looks awsome....Jeff
http://www.toyotaperformanceshop.com/is300/
Old 10-24-01, 09:35 AM
Mkiv94tt
Driver School Candidate

Default Calm Down

Hey Gabe,
Let's try and keep this a little civilized... , We don't want to turn this site into is300.net... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, let's not attack or inflate any company ego's....

As for the header production issue, they are not TRD replicas..Toyomoto had their own design team manufacture and produce them... Is300Joe's headers where the first out on the market and were dyno tested inorder to give you all a first glimpse of the header.

I believe they are currently taking orders on the first shipment of headers, which are to arrive in about 45 days... I'm not sure of price, you may want to call them and place your order, i do know that they are giving a price break to the first 25 orders......

Just wanted to also say that, i do not have any direct connection with is300s...or any of the products sold for the car. I am a supra owner who loves the 2jz and the power potential which it has...

Regards,
mkiv94tt
Old 10-24-01, 09:41 AM
Grey_is300
Driver

I think it is awesome especially since the ones that the team got are so expensive... I would not mind running a set my self... in fact I might have to make some calls...
Old 10-24-01, 09:41 AM
Mkiv94tt
Driver School Candidate

Default Is300 headers on car picts

here is the link with the headers on the car, i believe the dyno sheet is also on there...
http://www.toyotaperformanceshop.com/is300/new/

Oh yeah, just also found out that the headers will be chromed and ceramic painted... i guess prices will differ for each...
Jethot HPC coating is also available but will deffinitely be more.

Mkiv94tt
Old 10-24-01, 06:09 PM
LexyISherName
Driver School Candidate

toyomoto is having a pre-sale right now i was #20 of 25 this afternoon to get the $450 chrome headers. painted are $425. better hurry up guys the # is 305-599-3050 (they dyno'd at 16rwhp) more info on is300forum.com
Old 10-24-01, 06:32 PM
LexyISherName
Driver School Candidate

it the updated installed pictures of these headers i saw what looked like a custom downpipe and custom resonator? can anyone conform this? this would be perfect for my 5zigen and my future HKS Dragger! what would greddy owners do?
http://www.toyotaperformanceshop.com/is300/new/

Quick Reply: Toyomoto Header For IS300..hp gains