IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Ricey???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-01, 06:42 AM
benm024
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ricey???

Ok now that ive bought my IS300 and have browsed a few IS forums I have found some lingo that I just dont get.

What the hell is rice, ricey, ricemobile, ect...

All I can get from the syntax people use it in is that its bad.

Help

-Ben
Old 10-31-01, 07:20 AM
mkaufman
Driver School Candidate

See http://www.riceboypage.com

'Nuff said.
Old 10-31-01, 08:11 AM
Kreuzer
Pole Position

the term rice comes from the Asain race scene, or lack of, light lights on ur hood, wheels, and now antennas is an example of rice, big spoilers or double spoilers is also called rice..

please dont rice ur is300
Old 10-31-01, 08:17 AM
benm024
Driver School Candidate

No worries about that from me

Im thinking of doing something pretty origional and leaving it stock.

How come some people call the IS300 a ricemobile compared to similar cars such as the 330BMW and Audi A4?

That does not seem like it has anything to do with aftermarket mods.

-Ben
Old 10-31-01, 08:22 AM
solar300
Driver School Candidate

It's trying (and usually failing) to make your car look and seem faster than it really is. Aero-dramatic body kits, giant, useless double-wings, slammed to the suspension stops, etc.
Old 10-31-01, 08:25 AM
Marley
Pole Position

Originally posted by benm024
No worries about that from me

Im thinking of doing something pretty origional and leaving it stock.

How come some people call the IS300 a ricemobile compared to similar cars such as the 330BMW and Audi A4?

That does not seem like it has anything to do with aftermarket mods.

-Ben
They say ricemobile because it is a japenese car the others are european
Old 10-31-01, 08:44 AM
soyb0mb
Driver

but as we all know, the car doesn't make the person.... we're seeing much more "ricing" of the euro cars (shall we refer to them as 'Euro trash'?) lately... no car is immune it seems.
Old 10-31-01, 09:08 AM
xclusivx
Rookie

whatever happened to the saying, "to each his own"? I'm not defending the ricers, but maybe those people who hook their cars up a certain way dont know any better; and who are we LEXUS people to label them rice just because they drive a civic or integra?? Everyone is different and yes they may have strange tastes, but we shouldnt be the one to say that isnt nice or thats ricey. just take into account that perhaps they cannot afford a lexus, and only a honda/acura. With that, they try to make the best out of their vehicle in their eyes. Of course they dont think its ricey to them, but us lexus,bmw,benz folks label them as rice. Everythings relative, so please, be considerate to those that are unfortunate. my 2 cents

john
Old 10-31-01, 09:16 AM
soyb0mb
Driver

Originally posted by xclusivx
whatever happened to the saying, "to each his own"? I'm not defending the ricers, but maybe those people who hook their cars up a certain way dont know any better; and who are we LEXUS people to label them rice just because they drive a civic or integra?? Everyone is different and yes they may have strange tastes, but we shouldnt be the one to say that isnt nice or thats ricey. just take into account that perhaps they cannot afford a lexus, and only a honda/acura. With that, they try to make the best out of their vehicle in their eyes. Of course they dont think its ricey to them, but us lexus,bmw,benz folks label them as rice. Everythings relative, so please, be considerate to those that are unfortunate. my 2 cents

john
i hear that, but it's not an elitist thing (in my case at least), so don't bring it there...
I't a matter of style and taste. I'm entitled to my opinion, and i think rice sucks and looks really trashy. It seems that it's more about beeing seen and heard and feeling special than it is about making your car look phat.
my 2 cents
Old 10-31-01, 09:20 AM
hawaiiian
Driver School Candidate

Ok, I am fairly new with this forum. I mainly use is300.net but not lately since it has been down.
All this talk about riceyness along with that web-page made me think. I have a 01' yellow IS300 with clear trunk lights, clear front bumper lights, and blue calipers. What do you guys think? Is this ricey? Cause that is not what I am after.
Old 10-31-01, 09:43 AM
soyb0mb
Driver

Originally posted by hawaiiian
Ok, I am fairly new with this forum. I mainly use is300.net but not lately since it has been down.
All this talk about riceyness along with that web-page made me think. I have a 01' yellow IS300 with clear trunk lights, clear front bumper lights, and blue calipers. What do you guys think? Is this ricey? Cause that is not what I am after.
IMHO no, but when the turn signals go white, then I'd say a little.
Old 10-31-01, 10:02 AM
Static911

I call wanna be fast euro cars "fried rice"

static911
Old 11-01-01, 12:12 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

GOT RICE?
Old 11-01-01, 06:29 AM
gte
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

you are bordering. take you next step towards classy, and it will take you off of the edge of the rice cliff that you might fall off of.

Originally posted by hawaiiian
Old 11-01-01, 06:32 AM
gte
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

to each his own implies that we all have the right to do and think as we please, well that way of thinking can be applied to the people that rice up the cars, as well as the people that laugh at them and make fun of them. if you modify your car, you open yourself up to a chance for criticism, especially with anything exterior. you have a much larger chance of criticism, the more wild the exterior mods are, and an even greater chance if your car is slow, so all things are relative, but your way of thinking applies to people laughing at rice also.

Originally posted by xclusivx

john

Quick Reply: Ricey???