IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

L-Tuned!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-01, 09:32 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb L-Tuned!!!!

I have an IS300 L-tuned package II. And as many of you guys know, it comes with an Sports Exhaust. Does any know how much power it gives? in R&T magazine that i read, it said it gives 8HP but i am not sure of that number. If anyone has any information about the L-tuned sports exhaust, please post a message! Thanx!!!
Old 11-07-01, 11:32 PM
dpatterson069
Pole Position

its something like 9.4hp at crank and 8rwhp ( that means to the ground)
hope that helps
Old 11-07-01, 11:50 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

does just a sport muffler add that much HP? i mean.. those aftermarket mufflers such as AEM or HKS adds like 10 to 15 with the catback.. i did not know that just a just exhaust alone(although its TRD) can produce such power!
Old 11-07-01, 11:54 PM
SI2IS
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

PICTURES,....PICTURES...let's see that ride!
Old 11-08-01, 01:38 PM
dpatterson069
Pole Position

i thought that there was some piping on the L TUNED exhaust..
am i wrong on that?
Old 11-08-01, 02:45 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

how much was that Stage 2 Ltuned package..? and how much total power did you gain from it from stock IS?

just curious as to if it is even worth buying... all in all...
I heard it is like 8-9k total with bodykit,and bolts and wheels and what not.. for that amount you could get some good power.. like 300rwhp plus at the wheels...
Old 11-08-01, 03:23 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Originally posted by redhwangso
does just a sport muffler add that much HP? i mean.. those aftermarket mufflers such as AEM or HKS adds like 10 to 15 with the catback.. i did not know that just a just exhaust alone(although its TRD) can produce such power!
Unfortunately aftermarket exhausts sometimes dont produce as much hp as we like.Sometimes as little as 2 or 3.Mainly they improve sound and apearance which IMO is worth it!
Old 11-08-01, 04:52 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

i got a good deal and got the package 2 for 6K.. i know its alot but since i know myself.. i dont think i would have gotten the IS if it wasnt for L-tuned! Dont get me wrong.. i love the IS300! but when i saw the L-tuned at the dealer.. it captured my heart and i had to have it. and someone said it had some piping too? i dont think so because i saw the bottom of the car and compared it w/ the regular IS300 and it looked the same. even the muffler itself looks the same. but the L-tuned had a bigger tip and it was more free-flowing (according to the dealer). anyway.. its some great responses im getting. Im still new to my IS300 and i hope to get more great responses.!
Old 11-08-01, 09:45 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

6K? DAMN i DONT think it is worth that much just My Opinion... for 6k you can get alot more then what you get for the Ltuned package..... but if you like it that is all that matters...
Old 11-09-01, 12:54 AM
redhwangso
Rookie

yeah~ that is alot of money.. but.. i dunno.. im not a full racer, yet im not all show, so.. i think if i had 6000 dollar extra with an stock IS, i probably would have done nothing but lower, intake and tinting.. probably~ so.. for me.. i think it was worth the money! i dunno why im like this~ hehe
Old 11-09-01, 07:05 AM
bcc002
Pole Position

Default 6k? dammmmm

no offense man, i like the l-tuned, but for six grand you coulda done a lot more. you coulda gotten a wald body kit (my current personal favorite, followed closely by the visage) and an exhaust and and intake for that much buddy...
Old 11-09-01, 07:07 AM
bcc002
Pole Position

Originally posted by redhwangso
so.. i think if i had 6000 dollar extra with an stock IS, i probably would have done nothing but lower, intake and tinting..
and ill tint, lower, and get an intake to your car for 6k. you could do alot more man, inculding rims, system, bodykit parts.... that 6k tinting, lowering, and intake better make your car have wings...
Old 11-09-01, 07:12 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

6K=supercharger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L-tuned body kit and other ext. mods look great, but you have to go for the "sleeper" look.

Just the other day I got a compliment from our competitor he was driving an OLDER Audi A4. said he liked my ride and he would have bought the car but it didn't fit him ( somewhat of a big person), instead he bought a used A4, cost him 22K. I think he should have saved up.
Old 11-09-01, 12:38 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Let me stick up for redhswango for a second here.You gotta figure it was 6000 extra on the price of the car not like he had 6000 of extra cash to spend on mods.Also the car comes ltuned so he doesnt have to shop for parts and pay to install them.Another thing is it wont effect his warranty at all.Plus maybe he's not into modfying it as extremely as alot of us.I think it's a good start and there is still plenty left to modify if thats your thing.JMO
Old 11-10-01, 09:56 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

hew~~ thanx BadBtsz4u ... its true im not a extreme fix up kinda guy! but i would love the SUpercharger! which i probably will never get! even if i had the 6K extra in my hands.
and bcc002, when i said those things about tints, lower, and intake and exhaust, i meant it as in that even if i had 6K, i would only go that far! not as in all those added up cost 6K... just to make sure u guys understand me!

Quick Reply: L-Tuned!!!!