IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

POST UR BEST RACE U HAD With ur IS300

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-01, 01:54 AM
redhwangso
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Got smoked by a modded Civic....Si probably...What??? a Civic!!!!!! and by an Integra Type R - with two guys in it!!!!!......that stinks....the only thing I can beat are unmod 4bangers! dissappointing.....kept up on rolling race with late 90's M3....but, he was slowly pulling away at about 110...I'm pretty sure new M3 would smoke me....mods or not......not too thrilled with performance of IS actually....might trade in for new M3........I hope Lexus wakes up and 'retunes' their engine....even the new Altima.....an ALTIMA!!!!!!..... has more ponies and better acceleration STOCK......for all you speed racers in traffic......stop!......wait til the roads are open...
umm... i dunno what kinda civics and integra's u were racing, but they must have been modded to the fullest! or, u just cant race! i mean, if ur car is stock, u can't expect to beat heavily modded cars, unless they are tiburons or stuff like that! (koreans dont be affended!!! i am a 100% korean, but our cars suck!) n e wayz, my car is stock too, but i beat 4 bangers pretty easily not to mention even 6 bangers, unless they have TC's and SC's the IS300 will win! But, i bet if IS300 has TC's and SC's or heavily mod it, every car will be just a picture in our rear view mirror!
Old 12-05-01, 11:32 AM
liljungnam
Driver

I dont giva dyamn!!!! I love the rush of dangerous street racing!!!
Old 12-05-01, 02:05 PM
fortyounce
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by liljungnam
I dont giva dyamn!!!! I love the rush of dangerous street racing!!!
exactly.
Old 12-05-01, 03:02 PM
Mike D
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Wanna Race?

I usually drive at a fairly good clip (lotsa highway drivin in my daily commute) so I get to play every once in a while. Back in Sept I took a little trip (37 hours total driving time - not all at once!) to Florida with some crazy B**** I work with. On the way home we were coming through Virgina on 95 when we come up on a crowd of heavily dressed imports. They had the highway pretty much blocked, but were doing 90 so I slowed down to ride with them for a while. They didn't like new guys though... they kept boxing me in and slowing down so I waited till on of them F'ed up and left me some room, eshifted my a** down to 4 and blew between them (by inches I would say). The fast guy in the pack (nice Blue MR2 with a slick lookin body kit) started to try and follow me so I slowed down and got next to him... the girl I was riding with closed the sunroof (I forgot) and off we went. Sorry Mr MR2 man... you will have to take a Silver in this one. He was doing well until about 120... after that the IS shined. He didn't have a chance. Later in the same ride I played some James Bond chase scene out with an Audi A4 on 95 north near Baltimore... Dude could drive and had b**ls like no one I know, but... when the driver has done all he can it's up to the car to put out the speed... That little VW wasn't up to it.

All in all it was a great ride... My top speed 145.

I forgot to change my signature so it still says I have a "Soon to be totaled" (which it was) Black 2001 unmodified IS 300. I am now the proud pappa of a Red 2002 IS 300 with Fairuza's old RMM intake.

Last edited by Mike D; 12-05-01 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-05-01, 06:44 PM
dpatterson069
Pole Position

remember, not all is300 engines have the same power.
yes, they are made them same, but each engine can have a slightly different amount of power.. im sure its not all that drastic, but ive seen stock dyno numbers on the 2001 that range from 160rwhp to 173rwhp..
in a race, it is possible that those +/- 10rwhp or so could make a difference..

ive raced some pretty nice civic and integras and kicked butt..
same with celica gts that was slightly moded.
yes its true that the car can make a difference, but it is alot of the driver as well..

for instance, i saw a new m3 race a moded corvette.. the corvette kicked MAJOR ***.. like 5 car distance from the m3..and this was a NEW m3!! the driver just sucked D***..

it all depends..
Old 12-06-01, 08:58 AM
Agro
Driver School Candidate

I raced my buddys civic from 0 - 80 and I lost and was continuing to lose as we kept going, but not by much (only about 1-2 car lengths)

He does have a 00' Civic Si w/ a Vortech Supercharger w/ Aftercooler and a ton of other mods. He has more HP and more Torque then my car, and his is much lighter, AND a manual.

I had a 99' Si, so I know that a non blown Civic, you will have no problem at all beating.
Old 12-06-01, 06:44 PM
MarkK
Driver School Candidate

My car: 01' IS300 with i/e and S-AFC (190 rwhp) no leather, no moonroof, no spare, etc...
beat:
modded Accord V6 (3 cars from 0-90mph)
two Camry V6s (a bus length from 60-130mph)
Bunch of Civics I-4 Accords and CRXs (some of them had B16s)
Audi TT Roadster (225hp) (half a car from 70-120mph)
Audi A4 1.8T Tiptronic (chipped and exhaust) (3 cars from 0-90mph)
two stock 02' IS300 (both e-shift) (about 1.5 car from 0-80mph)
a stock GS300 (3 cars from 0-90mph)
a modded Eclipse GS (3 cars from 0-70mph)
a Volvo S80 2.9 (3 cars from 0-80mph)
a 94' SC400 (2 cars from 0-80mph)
etc...
neck-neck races:
a top-down S2000 (60-130mph)
a stock 5-speed WRX (70-90mph) I was pulling on him after that
a Mustang GT 4.6 (0-60mph)
lost:
a B18 powered hatchback (1 car from 0-90mph) I was pulling after that
a 11-second VW beetle (a bus length for 1/4 mile)
a 11-second muscle car (same as above)
a modded WRX (3-4 cars for 1/4 mile)
a 300ZX twin turbo (2 cars for 1/4 mile)
a single turbo Supra (a buslength from 60-130mph)
a Supercharged Mustang Cobra (about 5 cars+ from 60-130mph) (and the Supra kicked his a$$)
a top-up Honda S2000 with CF hood(1 car from 0-60mph)
kinda long list, but I love racing

Old 12-06-01, 10:01 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

MarkK, u had some nice races, unfortunately, i got no one to race with! its hard to find races out here.... and plus im not willing to above 80mph on local street! (have a ticket from like a month ago!!!) i wanted to race a mustang GT myself too... i dunno how i will do but .... its nice to hear that IS300's have a chance! maybe i will get to race a GT sometimes.. when i learn how to shift well! in the mean time, i will just burn civics and integra's!!
Old 12-08-01, 12:20 PM
SEXYLEXY300
Driver School Candidate

I was on 5 South at around 3A.M. I saw a black Benz Clk pull up next to me and i see an AMG sticker on his window. I let him pass a little and i notice an AMG emblem on the back of his car. I look over and it was an old white guy driving the car. Then in my rearview mirror I saw a car with 4 fog lights quickly pull up from behind me. The car behind me was a green integra, obviously lowered and it had a loud exhaust. The integra swerves around my is and the clk and the three of us knew that the race was on. I quickly turn trac off, and switch on the power button (dam autos) All of us floor our cars, and the integras exhaust drowns out all our cars, but when the VVT-i kicked in man that ***** sounds mean!!!!!!!!!! The clk and my is quickly burn the integra and now its down to just me and him.. i see my rpms reach redline and my speed is now 90 mphs. In a few seconds we both reach 100 mphs and the clk is still keeping up. there was a long curve approaching us and the clk slips back a notch. I push the pedal all the way down never letting up and I reach 120mphs. at this point all the bumps on the freeway are amplified and I am struggling to keep my car under control!.. i slowly beat the clk until i see his lights behind my rearview mirror. the clk high beams me and then i flash my hazzards in response. we had several races on the freeway all the way up to the 405 but everytime i beat him around 100+ mph. I think that AMG emblem was a fake!!!! that was one of my more memorable races, but dam it burned a cr*p lot of my gas!
Old 12-08-01, 04:29 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

well I got my car back at mild boost until I break in my motor and get a standalone..7psi.. I raced a big wheel and lost..
Old 12-08-01, 10:29 PM
LexyISherName
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by fortyounce

exactly.
yup...i would list my kills also but im too lazy today...i will post my first and only loss though...it was to a brand new corvette and it was off the line...i was pulling first 1-5 seconds then he took over and i got smoked! haha
Old 12-08-01, 11:43 PM
Mysticxzee
Driver School Candidate

hey nice kills every1.....but whoever is sayin that they even tied a 98+ camaro z28 ls1 or a newer mustang GT 99+ are really talkin out of their asses or racing v6 models.....unless your heavily modded u have no chance...you know the z28s put out anywhere from 280-310rwhp...and the SS's are basiically a z28 with appearance mods and less restrictive exhuast no big power diff tho...not trying to flame anyone at ALL...but some ppl gotta quit talkin out of there ***....i honestly dont think any stock is300 can run high to low 13's??....
sorry if i pissed anyone off...

-Z

PS no im not a troll...yes i do have a 99 cobra..but mom and dad both got lexus's gs430 and lx470... and I LOVE the way the gs430 motor is built....soo much power and soo smooth..
Old 12-08-01, 11:46 PM
Mysticxzee
Driver School Candidate

oo another note...the guy who tied the 4.6 GT...if it was a 96-98 (diff body style)...that makes sense...cuz those were very slow years...the new motors 99+ (new body style) are diff...there 4.6's but new heads n other goodies...
Old 12-09-01, 08:08 PM
MarkK
Driver School Candidate

Yep, the Mustang GT I raced was an older version. I raced the new GT once (it was modded), and I got smoked pretty bad.
Old 12-09-01, 08:31 PM
dpatterson069
Pole Position

markK, what intake and exhaust u using?? with apexi afc, 190rwhp is very nice pull out

Quick Reply: POST UR BEST RACE U HAD With ur IS300