IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

POST UR BEST RACE U HAD With ur IS300

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-01, 08:58 AM
bcc002
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just raced my buddie's durango on saturday night in his gated community (good spot - patrol guys are little *****es and they take a good 15 minutes to get to you). That should have been a breeze of a race, except that he has a 5.9 Liter R/T. WOW. that thing moves. If they only made it in a stick. I'd say hes in the low 7's mabye high 6's cause he kept up with me. The first race, I had him all the way. The second race, he got a killer start and had me for 1st and part of 2nd gear, but soon as i hit 3rd, i was gone. And i wasnt shifting ! . We stopped of at 100 or so each time. It was great . Tried my buddie's GS4 later...heh...bye bye...but then i raced him again with my dad's car (S55 AMG) and I roasted him. I'd like to try a GS430 with my dad's Sclass...I think it'd be close...
Old 12-11-01, 12:27 PM
benzy230
Driver

I had a civic Si (RIP) that had an h/i/e, plug wires, fuel pressure reg, and had the timing advanced on it and I kept up with my buddies IS300 up till about 98 mph. His is a 2001. Just thought I would let you know since I was reading and someone put "a civic would have to be heavily modified", but if they were speaking about a race (like my old Si) verse a new IS300 (5-speed) then it would smoke my old civics @ss! Thats for sure! (oh, and we took off at a 20 mph roll)
Old 12-11-01, 11:55 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

i just went out for a drive in this cold A$$ weather! and result? i was able to get in one race with a fixed up integra GSR(im assuming)... it had a kit, rims, and intake! i think daz about it! and result? i wont by a landslide! ... maybe its not a GSR... but LS would get worked by my car.. (cuz i raced one before) and that car kinda kept up with me... so daz why im assuming its a GSR.. n e how.... yeah.. daz all i had for today! non-productive day.
Old 12-12-01, 12:53 PM
benzy230
Driver

yeah...it was probably a GSR. Unless it was an LS block with the GSR head...then its actually faster than the GSR up till about 100 to 110 mph. Thats a good race though...because the integras are pretty lite!
Old 12-12-01, 07:44 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

oh.. and one more thing! before i race that INteg GSR.. i had a rolling start.. (starting about 20 mph) with an old model M3. and i was surprised that i beat him up to 2nd gear... did he shift wrong? i dunno.... he abruptly stopped and i wondered why he did that! (it was a red light in front of us)... luckily, there were no cars.. so i breezed through it avoiding fatal accidents! n e how, yeah... up to the point where he hit the brakes hard, his hood was right next to my window! ...
Old 12-13-01, 06:49 AM
benzy230
Driver

cool....glad to hear that tthere was not traffic passing through that red light!
Old 01-02-02, 12:56 PM
FRYDOGG
Driver School Candidate

Default RACES

I HAVE SMOKED THREE OR FOUR AUDI A4'S BUT THE S4'S ARE UNTOUCHABLE UNLESS YOU HAVE A SUPERCHARGER. SOME DUMB *** IN A 5.7 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ALSO TRIED TO RACE ME AND WHEN I SMOKED HIM HE BLAMED IT ON POWER BRAKING AND HOW HIS QUADRATRAC MALFUNCTIONED OR SOME BULL ****.
Old 01-03-02, 02:09 AM
CjzHeavenMr2
Driver School Candidate

hmmm....lets see..
Defeated a few integras..some GSR and a few unknowns. Took care a couple of civics, the new trailblazer, and an 99 accord 2 door. All these were on rolling start. When i get enough $$ for forced induction, then ill try WRX, S4, and most american muscle.
Old 01-05-02, 01:18 AM
CarbonIS300
Pole Position

Originally posted by ilovepyts
Well I lost to a moded out Celica. It was my second week owning the car right(This is only the third week now , so I wanted to test it out. I figured I was going to lose because you knew this car was hooked up. Anyway, I stayed neck and neck with him for a couple lights. He knew what I wanted to do. Well the last light we can possible race at. We started going and I heard his engine rev. Bamm! we both floor it. Beat me barely by a car length. Mind you mine is just stock E/S. At the end he told me about his bother in-law that just got an IS. Coincidence I found the brother in-law on is300forum.com. Small world.
Thats not how i heard the story from my Brother in-law his car has an Injen intake(its not the CAI) and a Borla Exhaust the rest of his mods slow the car 18" Enkies and a budy club kit. and he said he burned you by almost three car lengths, thats about right because if you where only beat him by 1/2 a car length then you won't mind racing me to prove it, you see with my SRT and Hiper he beat me by 1/2 a car length in about a 1/4 mile

ohh and P.S. if i had not have launched better then him i would have been stompt he pulled on me the whole time it never droped back and i know if you had the car for only 2 weeks you were not launch as good as i was when i raced him...

Last edited by CarbonIS300; 01-05-02 at 01:20 AM.
Old 01-07-02, 02:42 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

hmm.. i went out for a drive sunday night to find some worthy opponents! Its been almost over a month since i raced and i wanted some thrill! so i headed out and what did i FIND?? NOTHING! NO competition at all! all i got to beat was an old ALtima and Mazda MP3 which i both beat by like atleast 4 car lengths!
Old 01-07-02, 07:08 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

well the best race so far was the Brand New ford lightning I beat from a rollin start to 130mph.. yes this is the same nite I got hit racing the Z3mcoupe and fawked up my car real bad.. but I beat the lightning and the Z3mcoupe..
Old 01-07-02, 10:20 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just passed the 2500 mile mark so I'm not allowed to race (in my mind). The only guys I've raced were just a 1.8 (right?) Z3, an older Altima GXE, and a '99 Maxima. I have yet to go up against someone that is worthy, but I will eventually. I also don't want to race too much until I get my exhuast on.

We'll see though. I want to get my boss out in his '68 Shelby Mustang, and my other boss in his '97 M3. I'm sure that both will smoke me but it'll be fun. Plus the guy in the M3 doesn't know how to drive, so I've got an advantage.
Old 01-09-02, 07:10 PM
Webologist
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by fairuza11
I raced a tricylce once and lost he got the whole shot...=(
Darn, those Front wheel drives can be tough when the weight is low enough! Was it one of those lowered Big-Wheel jobs, you gotta' watch those?
Old 01-11-02, 06:29 PM
jroosh
Driver

Thumbs down

Originally posted by redhwangso
hmm.. i went out for a drive sunday night to find some worthy opponents! Its been almost over a month since i raced and i wanted some thrill! so i headed out and what did i FIND?? NOTHING! NO competition at all! all i got to beat was an old ALtima and Mazda MP3 which i both beat by like atleast 4 car lengths!
wow, what a man! I am sooooo impressed!

I've got personalized license plate ideas for you guys:

I-D-I-O-T-1
I-D-I-O-T-2
I-D-I-O-T-3
I-D-I-O-T-4
I-D-I-O-T-5 etc.
Old 01-11-02, 07:08 PM
jroosh
Driver

Originally posted by green
I beat a loaded semi the other day.

Oh yeah, well I beat a SCHOOL BUS - and he had a FIVE SPEED!

Quick Reply: POST UR BEST RACE U HAD With ur IS300