IS430 compressor (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-02 | 12:20 PM
Coldintake
Rookie

Default Re: Re: eortiz..

Originally posted by Bean

You're an idiot
the M5 and M3 run low 13s in the 1/4... I'm sure a 400hp 3200lb car can do better than that Remember the power band in this motor will be much fatter than the peaky band in the M5 and M3... and also remember the 550 and 575M Ferraris weigh about 3800-3900lbs... the IS clocks in at a nice 3200lbs lighter than both the M3 and M5

Plus the car will be reliable too, no highwinding motor with heavy strain on the valvetrain and bottom-end, lots of people buy a Lexus for its reliability, and for its fit and finish. There IS no German company that can match it. And if you don't believe it, quit reading BMW-magazine or whatever and go read something relatively unbiased.

My friend's $22k WRX with a downpipe and catback roasts them ALL THE TIME. He's beaten 4 E46 M3s so far. Wanted a go at an M5, but the guy wouldn't run. He beat them all on a roll too. funny how only one of them was a dorkmeister like you; the rest of them were pretty cool when they got their asses handed to them.

Thanks Dallas for being cool about all this. We need more people over here like you to represent the other brands!
Ok.. again.. be realistic.
It doesnt matter how many exhausts you add to a wrx, it can't beat the e46 m3 unless the driver can't drive.
The ferrari and BMW are actual production cars.. I haven't seen a IS430 down my street.

Even the M3 GTR is sold to the public.
The m5 is a FAMILY sedan and can rock every lexus out there. You can have the wife, two kids and a dog in an m5 and it still runs with sport cars.
Old 07-07-02 | 12:50 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

LOL, guys, what are we arguing about??
The IS430 won't even make it into production.
Old 07-07-02 | 01:52 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Hey,Richie. coldintake and silver328 just joined us. Check the GS forum under the picture of a CL member in the bmwplanet.com.
Old 07-07-02 | 02:17 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by VVT-i
Hey,Richie. coldintake and silver328 just joined us. Check the GS forum under the picture of a CL member in the bmwplanet.com.
Yeah, I just saw the post.
I just thought I would tell them that the IS430 will not make it to production so the argument is really kind of stupid.
Old 07-07-02 | 03:38 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Yeah, but they're worry about it because if it make into the production then they have some serious competitor. I hope the TTE will get the attention from the TMC to bring this IS to the street.
Old 07-07-02 | 06:36 PM
Coldintake
Rookie

Default Re: Re: Re: eortiz..

Originally posted by Coldintake

I haven't seen a IS430 down my street.
I guess my sarcasm failed to become more apparent.
Old 07-08-02 | 10:25 AM
Christian
Pole Position

I just read an article in a german car magazine about Mr Andersson and Mr Brunner. At the interview they drove a lightly TTE modded SC 430. The SC was lowered, other exhaust and the 19" wheels of the IS 430. There was also a small text where they mentioned want TTE is doing and planing for the future. They are offering a compressor kit for the RX 300 (250HP) and the IS 430 is tested in Japan to see if it is ok to go in production.
Old 07-08-02 | 10:43 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Christian
I just read an article in a german car magazine about Mr Andersson and Mr Brunner. At the interview they drove a lightly TTE modded SC 430. The SC was lowered, other exhaust and the 19" wheels of the IS 430. There was also a small text where they mentioned want TTE is doing and planing for the future. They are offering a compressor kit for the RX 300 (250HP) and the IS 430 is tested in Japan to see if it is ok to go in production.
Christian, what German mag are you talking about, I would like to read that?
Old 07-08-02 | 01:16 PM
Christian
Pole Position

AutoFocus!
Old 07-09-02 | 10:21 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

cool if it happens it happen...if it doesn't it doesn't
Old 07-09-02 | 10:37 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 100000

"Rice will never be as nice as German Godlike Engineering"

I just don’t understand all these conversations. Back to the Vette argument or this one. We can have 20 pages of posts of people talking about how much their car is better then the other and they don’t know jack about manufacturing. “German GodLike Engineering” I mean everyone in Germany has a PhD. Which is equal to about a masters over here. I worked for German companies and yes they really do have some genius engineers in that country, but Japan has an equal amount or more of them. The big difference is the fact that all Germans think THEY are GOD and the Japanese are very humble. Who cares about German engineering if they cannot assemble the car correctly. Why is the INDUSTRY STANDARD the Toyota Production Systems Methods? You know like my neighbor with his Vette’s or someone within my office with a M5, we never get into this arguments. I guess you must be on a certain education level to have a reasonable conversation these days. Sure I can pick out random people on the street all day and they will tell me their BMW or Vette is better then my Lexus, but sure they are some executive somewhere or Accounting Manager who doesn’t know JACK about manufacturing. Why argue with those who don’t know any better?
Old 07-09-02 | 11:06 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Christian
AutoFocus!
Christian, could you scan the article for me, we don't get that mag over here.
Old 07-09-02 | 11:08 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by jpa2400
"Rice will never be as nice as German Godlike Engineering"

I just don’t understand all these conversations. Back to the Vette argument or this one. We can have 20 pages of posts of people talking about how much their car is better then the other and they don’t know jack about manufacturing. “German GodLike Engineering” I mean everyone in Germany has a PhD. Which is equal to about a masters over here. I worked for German companies and yes they really do have some genius engineers in that country, but Japan has an equal amount or more of them. The big difference is the fact that all Germans think THEY are GOD and the Japanese are very humble. Who cares about German engineering if they cannot assemble the car correctly. Why is the INDUSTRY STANDARD the Toyota Production Systems Methods? You know like my neighbor with his Vette’s or someone within my office with a M5, we never get into this arguments. I guess you must be on a certain education level to have a reasonable conversation these days. Sure I can pick out random people on the street all day and they will tell me their BMW or Vette is better then my Lexus, but sure they are some executive somewhere or Accounting Manager who doesn’t know JACK about manufacturing. Why argue with those who don’t know any better?
Makes sense to me.
Old 07-09-02 | 12:53 PM
NicoIS300
Driver School Candidate

Default ....

all i can say is this...

expect a high performance version of the IS300. look at what's out there already. Volvo S60R, BMW M3, AUDI S4, Merc AMG.. you get the idea. LEXUS is missing a high performance version. face it, the L Tune sucks *****. just because someone put an exhaust and body kit on the car doesnt make them *****in yoda.

the performance version of the IS300 may not end up the IS430, but it will be fun. expect sub 6 second 0-60 stock and an overall better performance car.

- pretend your a criminal, see what you could figure out.
Old 07-09-02 | 03:24 PM
LexFather

COnsidering that the I-6 will be discontinued, the 4.3 liter will be Lexus performance engine unless something new appears (not the 3.3 liter V-6)

Quick Reply: IS430 compressor (pics)