IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

custom background image help for my navigation system!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-07, 10:51 PM
aznkitten
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom background image help for my navigation system!

Hi guys, newbie here.. who wants to pop my thread cherry?? jk

I have an AVIC D3 installed. I've seen some of you guy's signatures and banners.. and theyre awesome.. so i'd like to ask for your help in designing my custom background... the resolution is 1000x480.. and i was HOPING someone can do like a vectorized(sp?) image of my car...

you guys can add your watermark there, or logo, I don't care... but any ideas or designs would be very much appreciated!

ps. I'm looking to buy a chrome front grille (with the lexus logo), if you guys know a place, pls. let me know!
Old 06-16-07, 08:13 PM
aznkitten
Driver School Candidate

heres what it looks like by the way..

.... im hoping to find a similar style as this

anyone?
Old 06-17-07, 03:56 PM
Carbon~IS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to C/L! Car looks great, and nice h/u.
<I don't know if you already know this or not, but if you want your dash kit to match your other plastic pieces, they have the JDM Double-Din kit...>

For your photoshop request:
I suggest making another thread in the Photoshop Sub-Forum where people with skillz~ can do it for you
Old 06-17-07, 04:02 PM
RCThrine
Pole Position

i dont really get what ur asking for, u want a background for ur headunit? of for ur car with a little swoosh in the back or something a little crazier? Im a photoshop mac, but itll cost u a date.

You want it dark and soft colors or some bright juxtoposed ****...

PM me.

but seriously...
Are those Veilside Fortuna rims? cuzz if they are, schway... if not... u need to drop the chrome look, get some hot color matched powder coat goin on... thatd be h-o-... ok paris *slap*
Old 06-17-07, 04:09 PM
Carbon~IS
Lead Lap

I would assume so, and about the chrome...
Old 06-17-07, 07:28 PM
aznkitten
Driver School Candidate

oh i didn't know they have a photoshop subfoum? and i also didn't know they have another dash kit to match my other pieces.! thanks carbon for that little info.. its a must!
(i just checked my.is store and they are currently out of stock )

rcthrine, yes i want a background for my headunit.. i really dont have any preferences... but i know i'd like my background to be dark.. just simple and sexy.... but its up to you really let me know k? im open to ideas! and im not sure about the rims (it has a "f5" logo)? my brothers aren't too thrilled about the chrome thing either... but hey..as soon as i get bored with it, you'd be the first to know..... oh and a date isn't a problem to me .. as long as you ask the gf for permission.
Old 06-17-07, 07:47 PM
Carbon~IS
Lead Lap

Keep your eye out on the F/S section on IS.net. Also, you might want to call and check if carson has any in stock (if not, than you can order through them and wait. It might take awhile).

Missed the chrome grill question... There are alot of different grills out there that might interest you. (i.e. TRD CF, SportDesign, VIS CF, Altezza, etc...)
Old 06-18-07, 06:02 PM
aznkitten
Driver School Candidate

i just contacted the is. store, and checked when they are getting them back in stock.. i definitely need to get that.. so if you know anyone!! let me know. about the grill, i am actually looking for the altezza chrome grill... there's two auctions up on ebay right now, so we'll see
Old 06-18-07, 08:44 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice lookin' car. I don't usually mind chrome wheels and yours look ok but you need a drop. I think what you are looking for is an Altezza Z-Edition grill. If the eBay auctions fall through try and contact Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota and tell him you're a CL member. BTW, welcome to CL.
Old 06-19-07, 08:54 PM
aznkitten
Driver School Candidate

thanks sdlexus... yeah, i have two things i want to buy right now.. the grill and the jdm dash kit.. i want to get the latter first, since i've been wondering if there was one better since i got a crapy one!. by the way, who did your banner? Thats exactly what I want done on my background for my headunit.... like a cartoon image of my car!
Old 06-21-07, 11:43 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkitten
...by the way, who did your banner? Thats exactly what I want done on my background for my headunit.... like a cartoon image of my car!
I made it for something else in Adobe Illustrator but decided it made a nice sig too. It's not too hard to do if you know how to use the program but it is time consuming.
Old 07-01-07, 02:19 AM
endleesss
Rookie

The resolution backgrounds on the D3 is 500x240 and the brightness needs to be turned down about -30 in photoshop.
Do you have a better pic of your car? I can make it for you

A black grille like the Audi, doesn't exist for the IS.
The closes thing is an all black grille, and if you really wanted to you can get the sides chromed out by a shop, then slap on the L logo in the middle