Search this Thread

Old 12-31-01, 07:38 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Traffic

Originally posted by Leader
Civic Si-r,
I apologize for my rant, but when you say "Please be assured.......... that I would never put anyone at risk if I knew a catastrophe would happen," you kind of make my point. You don't know what's going to happen.
You are only in control of the car you're driving. No one is a good enough driver to predict what others around him in traffic might do...and the faster you go (in relation to those around you) the more dangerous it gets.
I love to drive my cars fast. I just don't do it in traffic. And neither should you.
As a dentist...you should know better. You've never seen a patient who's been screwed up in a car wreck?
Happy New Year...be safe...we're all out there together.

John,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Indeed I have seen car accident victims, and yes I do know better. My career has given me the oppertunity to "create" and redesign, and give that person the look they were looking for.

I Love my career,girlfriend, staff and patients, wouldn't give it up, even if that meant losing a "spirited" drive.

Old 12-31-01, 11:10 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Civic-Si r is just trying to post a fun/exciting racing experience with some of the most competitive cars to IS300, I dunno why is there ppl bashing him for this???

Sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself a nice racing tale

peace, happy new year!
Old 01-01-02, 08:26 AM
jroosh
Driver

Doc,

I'm thirty-six years old, I've been in the market long enough thank you.

What do you say we call a truce and get back to what we have in common...the love for performance cars and superior engineering. Don't be down in the mouth (sorry - an overused Dentist joke).

By the way, my grandfather (deceased), his son, and his son are/were all dentists. Needless to say, I have had only one cavity my whole life.

Early this morning I went for a spirited run in the IS around the lake after picking up a Latte. No traffic, lots of fun, my four-year-old giggling in the back as I played her favorite song on the excellent sound system and egging me on to go faster. She said "Daddy, I like how this car sounds. It's meaner than your other Lexus (99 ES, just turned in at end of lease)."

This car is almost as fun as my mildly modified Miata (which is up on stands until Spring) which is why I wanted to go back to RWD and a smaller car for my daily driver.

As for the IS, it will be a lot more fun when the winter tires come in. I could feel the car fish-tailing slightly, even at speed, on the slightest bit of debris (slush and sand) on the road which prevented me from totally unleashing the full 215 HP.

Have a Happy and safe new year everyone.
Old 01-01-02, 11:58 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally posted by gsintensive
Civic-Si r is just trying to post a fun/exciting racing experience with some of the most competitive cars to IS300, I dunno why is there ppl bashing him for this???

Sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself a nice racing tale

peace, happy new year!

gsintensive, thanks for your support, there are plenty of us who have read my post and probably smiled and laugh. Thank you for your intuitive read on my story.

gsintensive, Happy New Year to you, your family and friends
Old 01-01-02, 12:06 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Jroosh, fine, truce it is, I see you are enjoying the car with family. The IS brings US back into a time when we were teenagers and to remind us of our adolescence years, it's fun to recapture those moments.
Old 01-01-02, 01:18 PM
jroosh
Driver

Smile

Doc,

Speak for yourself!

I consider myself to STILL BE IN my adolescent years! I may be married for eleven years, have three kids, a career and business on the side but I love to have fun behind the wheel and I play our PS2 as much as the kids do!

PS The Volvo Cross Country Wagon (when we get it) will replace our Explorer and will be for my WIFE!
Old 01-02-02, 01:13 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Civic Si-r

gsintensive, thanks for your support, there are plenty of us who have read my post and probably smiled and laugh. Thank you for your intuitive read on my story.

gsintensive, Happy New Year to you, your family and friends
anytime~~ have urself a torque Converter/weapon R intake ecu, you should be neck to neck with 330i if not surpassing.

happy new year to you, keep us updated on your smoking tale~! ^^
Old 01-07-02, 12:19 AM
N1!
Driver School Candidate

Some folks need to chill out and stop playing nursemaid to civic-si-r. I have met Dr. Civic Si-R and he is very responsible and has excellent driving skill from what I have seen and gather. Lately, numerous members of this board have been trying to preach safety and portraying themselves as omnipotent saints, and basically trying convince others that they are evil irresponsible "ricers" for posting such tales.

I find similar attitudes toward the whole 9-11 bandwagon that everyone is jumping on as well. Yes, it is very sad that so many people died on that day, however how many folks have actually done more than simply putting a flag on their car or putting the trite words "we will never forgive, we will never forget" in their sig line.

It's just another timely "fashionable" cause to support. I admit, there is a small American flag on my ride, however it was there before 9-11 and quite frankly, as soon as things calm down in Afganistan or Bin Laden is killed or caught, folks will go about there usual business and "forget" all about there "cause".

So what is the point to all this? I have no idea. Just sharing my thoughts on the hypocrisy and propaganda that we deal with in the world and on this forum and for folks to back off Dr. Si-R.

There are more important things to worry about than Mike's driving adventures, like when are we finally going to see an OEM IS430 with a SMG shifter, like the M3? Have you guys seen that beast at the L.A. Autoshow yet? Seriously, making me think about turning to the darkside.
Old 01-07-02, 01:50 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

well there will be a few IS430's in the US this year but as far as production I have heard that it is stil up in the air and there is a good chance that it may never come here..

as far as racing goes well I got side swiped like a week and a half ago at 80mph and my car is in peices now.. I have learned to keep it on the track.. that is just me tho....
Old 01-07-02, 04:01 PM
N1!
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to here that fairuza11. For what it's worth, my IS was sideswiped while I was stuck in traffic moving at 1 mph by a 18 wheeler who wasn't paying attention. **** happens, I just feel that we can't live in a cave, hoping nothing bad will happen.

O/T my friend just picked up his IS with the SRT supercharger and it is sweet! Almost gave me whiplash a few times.
Old 01-07-02, 04:27 PM
GGP4me
Driver

N1!

Regarding the SRT SC, are you referring to Jeremy?
What stage was it again?
Old 01-07-02, 06:22 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

N1!!!!!!!!!!!
As always. here is a friend and member who has a wealth of knowledge and whom I HIGHLY respect, thanks for watching my back. I have been reading your posts on your tranny issue, both here and IS300.net, there were some good responses to solve your problem, which "reply" did you settle on?

Is there going to be a KK-meet with the Audi group any time soon?

N1 Happy New Years to you, and were gonna have to get together and talk about WORK!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again, Mike
Old 01-07-02, 06:23 PM
N1!
Driver School Candidate

I do believe it is at stage 2 and he is awaiting stage 3. It is a very clean set up. Very impressive. I'm not an expert on the SC, however Mo put a lot of thought into the design. Extreme attention to detail. G is a happy camper. His IS is the talk of the town in So. Cal. The local dealer service advisors whisper quietly about that beast. (Although they are very excited too.)
Old 01-07-02, 06:36 PM
N1!
Driver School Candidate

Mike!

Work is killing me. I need to move. 100 mile commute each day is too much. I am itching to organize a hugh-@ss meet in the late January or February. We need to bring back the awesome mega meets that we were setting up last summer. Again, I am aiming more for a meet, dinner and movie or go-carting, rather than the typical meet at a local tuner shop. Those type of meets feel like big hugh sales pitches and less like IS300 fans enjoying a good time.

KK runs are still happening, however I have not had a chance to get out to Van Nuys cause of work.

I am now at 45,300 miles. I will be out of warranty by late February. In regards to the tranny fluid issue, I decided to change it at the next 60K service, a simple flush. Steve at Westminster Lexus is gonna hook me up with some new tires and I am gonna install the OEM shocks and struts from Jeremy's IS on mine. Considering all the miles on my ride, it will make I difference, I hope.
Old 01-07-02, 07:17 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

so there is a SRT SC on the west coast now? who's is it? I did not know there was one out there yet.... nice..!!!!

Quick Reply: Raced a BMW 330ci and a Celica GT