IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS300 TwinTurbo (56K GO AWAY!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 06:41 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sweet. Who's doing the work? where are you in TX?
Old 10-03-07, 06:49 AM
wingzero
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay here are some more past pics:

When I first got her...

After her first bath...

Making IS300 wiring harness work...

She's IN!!!...

Front's back on...

Enjoy! I'll take some more snap shots later of the intercooler mounted and finally the bumper back on. I'm also gonna take a clip of turning the car on and a few sound clips of idle, running, WOT..etc...

Which reminds me, I'm working on an install doc for this swap for my.is, but I'll be happy to post it here too if anyone would like it.
Old 10-03-07, 06:50 AM
wingzero
Rookie

Originally Posted by speedaddic
sweet. Who's doing the work? where are you in TX?
Yes me and two of my buddies did the work. And yes I am in Houston, Tx.
Old 10-03-07, 07:00 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Looking good. How come you didn't use a Supra or Aristo TT Harness and ecu? I didn't think a ge ecu could control a gte motor.
Old 10-03-07, 07:05 AM
wingzero
Rookie

Gauges won't work, you will lose eshift and im still using the IS tranny. Plus the pins on the Aristo ECU are different so the other connections that are on the ECU won't work either. The IS ECU will start the engine but you need the piggy back to make it driveable.
Old 10-03-07, 07:45 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by wingzero
Gauges won't work, you will lose eshift and im still using the IS tranny. Plus the pins on the Aristo ECU are different so the other connections that are on the ECU won't work either. The IS ECU will start the engine but you need the piggy back to make it driveable.
There's a guy named Dr. Tweak on phoenixturning.com that can mate the gte harness to the ge IS harness so body plugs will go in and everything else would be the gte stuff so that way in the future you could just plug in aem etc..
Old 10-03-07, 08:16 AM
wingzero
Rookie

Originally Posted by cherplex
There's a guy named Dr. Tweak on phoenixturning.com that can mate the gte harness to the ge IS harness so body plugs will go in and everything else would be the gte stuff so that way in the future you could just plug in aem etc..
Well i don't see what the difference would be. The GTE harness still won't control E-shift (for manual, okay i can see this) Plus you have to account for the plugs that the GTE has that the GE doesn't (turbo sensors, etc.) If you are still going to use the IS ECU, what is the point, plugging a GTE harness into an IS ECU, it still won't know what to do about the turbo connections so you may as well disconnect it and take the sensor off. If you are going with a GTE ECU, then why bother plugging it up to the GE harness, just use the GTE harness and worry about your gauges, aftermarket tranny controller ( assuming your auto).

I chose the route I did becuase, it has been proven to work, and it was the easiest and cheapest becuase I already had everything needed to make it work. Its just a pain to redo the IS harness
Old 10-03-07, 08:31 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by wingzero
Well i don't see what the difference would be. The GTE harness still won't control E-shift (for manual, okay i can see this) Plus you have to account for the plugs that the GTE has that the GE doesn't (turbo sensors, etc.) If you are still going to use the IS ECU, what is the point, plugging a GTE harness into an IS ECU, it still won't know what to do about the turbo connections so you may as well disconnect it and take the sensor off. If you are going with a GTE ECU, then why bother plugging it up to the GE harness, just use the GTE harness and worry about your gauges, aftermarket tranny controller ( assuming your auto).

I chose the route I did becuase, it has been proven to work, and it was the easiest and cheapest becuase I already had everything needed to make it work. Its just a pain to redo the IS harness
Oh ok I see what you're saying but I think what I'm saying will be less painful in the long run, basically this guy takes the GTE harness and GE harness cuts off body plugs from the GTE harness since they wont plug into female IS Body Plug sockets. He then takes the orginal GE harness cuts off the body plugs that fit and matches wiring to gte wires. Since it's a GTE harness GTE Ecu would be used. As far as e-shift and the other stuff I'm not sure.
Old 10-03-07, 09:42 AM
wingzero
Rookie

Well my method is as follows...

Reroute IS harness on GTE motor (every connection on harness will get connected)
Plug Harness into IS ECU
Use PNP harness for Emanage or AEM or whatever you choose
Tune

You do the math! (All stock functions are retained, TRAC, E-Shift, Gauges) and best of all NO CUTTING
Old 10-14-07, 12:13 PM
Nismo3112
Driver School Candidate

Nice job... I would love to do this to my IS some day!

What exactly had to be done w/ the IS harness? And by using the standalone, you don't have to deal with the ECU's relearning correct?
Old 10-14-07, 04:32 PM
lexusbooty
Driver School Candidate

very nice.... i bet ur excited... i thought bout goin tt but duno i havent decided.. maybe someday.... =)
Old 10-15-07, 02:29 PM
oddrob
Driver School Candidate

Looking good so far, that last 10% is always the *****iest!
Old 10-15-07, 03:22 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn ! I just now found this .... this is going to be a beast
Old 10-15-07, 08:29 PM
jecko714
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats gonna be 1 bad mamma jamma...post a vid if u ever get the chance...nice work
Old 10-16-07, 08:33 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love these kind of projects!
Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: IS300 TwinTurbo (56K GO AWAY!!!)