IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Stickers on visor

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-02, 11:18 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Stickers on visor

Has anyone found a good way to remove the stickers on the visor? I hate those damn things, but I don't want to leave an imprint on the visor. Have any of you guys figured out how to get rid of them? There has to be a way.
Old 01-13-02, 07:15 PM
jroosh
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try adhesive remover or gel bug and tar remover but be very careful - either may effect the plastic underneat and/or damage any surface it comes into contact with inside your car...makes those stickers not seem so bad now, huh?
Old 01-14-02, 07:28 AM
Christobol
Advanced

Yeah, but they still suck. I'm not happy about them at all, as you could have guessed.
Old 01-14-02, 08:46 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

damn you must have really wanted to get those stickers off... I think they use some insane adhesive... kinda reminds me of the tags on the bed matresses they dont want you to take off..
Old 01-14-02, 02:31 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Originally posted by fairuza11
damn you must have really wanted to get those stickers off... I think they use some insane adhesive... kinda reminds me of the tags on the bed matresses they dont want you to take off..
Hahaha, you just pull really hard on those tags and they'll rip off without leaving anything behind. These stickers though..... ugh!
Old 01-14-02, 04:25 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Patience Grasshopper

I removed the visor stickers on my moms 4Runner and all it takes is patience.
Her's what u do: get some adhesive remover and a hair dryer. If u can work on a sunny day (hotter the better but i know its winter right now) it would be best. Take the hair dryer and start moving it back and forth along the sicker until u can pull up a lil corner w/o leaving some sticky stuff. Then apply some adhesive remover, heat up that spot, and try to peel back a lil. Kepp doing this until the sticker comes off. Just follow the same procedure that u would if u were removing ur emblems (if u've done that before) the key to a successful removal is patience. Don't just rip off that sticker b/c then it WILL look ugly.
Just make sure that when u rheating the sticker up, not to get it too hot b/c it might effect the visor material/color in some way (kinda like when u remove emblems...when it gets to hot it could mess up ur paint) Hope this helps u in ur quest to removing the stickers
And remember: PATIENCE GRASSHOPPER
Old 01-14-02, 06:12 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Default Re: Patience Grasshopper

Originally posted by MyLexusSC300
I removed the visor stickers on my moms 4Runner and all it takes is patience.
Her's what u do: get some adhesive remover and a hair dryer. If u can work on a sunny day (hotter the better but i know its winter right now) it would be best. Take the hair dryer and start moving it back and forth along the sicker until u can pull up a lil corner w/o leaving some sticky stuff. Then apply some adhesive remover, heat up that spot, and try to peel back a lil. Kepp doing this until the sticker comes off. Just follow the same procedure that u would if u were removing ur emblems (if u've done that before) the key to a successful removal is patience. Don't just rip off that sticker b/c then it WILL look ugly.
Just make sure that when u rheating the sticker up, not to get it too hot b/c it might effect the visor material/color in some way (kinda like when u remove emblems...when it gets to hot it could mess up ur paint) Hope this helps u in ur quest to removing the stickers
And remember: PATIENCE GRASSHOPPER
Great advice MyLexusSC300!! I'll do that once it warms up a bit, or if we happen to have a warm day down here. I'd much rather pay someone to do it so that I can scream and yell when it's *****ed up. That way they can buy me a new visor if they can't fix it right.

Would you do the same thing with the sticker that is on the mirror side of the visor? I've tried taking a knife to the corner in an attempt to get an edge up to pull on but that proved to be fruitless.
Old 01-14-02, 06:20 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't see why it wouldn't work. Don't ever use a knife, etc. though. This is a common mistake and is a fatal one. Eventhough u might not think u r scratching anything, if u look real close u will usually find a lil mark (if not more) from the sharp edge. (In ur case it would be a scratch in the mirror). Just take ur time and try what i said...its really not that hard. If ur still skeptical (sp?) i have used this method to debadge my SC300 (all emblems), debadged dads GS300 (just the GS3 b/c thats all he wanted done) and debadged moms 4Runner (all emblems and stickers). It has worked every time. IMO....I wouldn't pay to have someone do it b/c its nt worth paying someone $1 to do it plus, if they mess up they might not get u a new visor b/c u could be dealing w/ an a**hole.