IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Another newb!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-09, 07:07 PM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking awesome man!!! im loving da white and those gold wheels.!!!
Old 07-19-09, 07:19 PM
white_is
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdelement
glad you like.
Yup. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by LexusGSXR
looking awesome man!!! im loving da white and those gold wheels.!!!
Thanks. I've wanted white and gold for the longest time. It's an awesome combo!
Old 08-07-09, 09:08 PM
white_is
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, if any of you didn't see some of my other posts.. I found out that I got the "wrong" size front wheels. Everything is right, except for the disk size. I wanted Super Low (SL) Disk for the most lip, but got Normal (LO) Disk. Kinda pissed about that, but what can I do?

But for some updates... I went through about a week of headaches trying to tint my brake light on my spoiler. A stripped screw holding the lense onto the spoiler caused WAY too many problems. Ended up having to pull the whole spoiler off, then snapped the lense and ripped the nut out of the spoiler (that the screw went into). But I got it fixed and together, I'm just not happy with the mount job I did on the spoiler, so I will be redoing it.

(this is also a BEFORE shot for the tail ligths)

And I got my tail lights today! It's been a long process, but Nick went through a lot during the time so it's understandable. I'm happy with the work he has done :approve: Nothing too fancy, just satin black housings with chrome rings.

And here is everything put together. Things finally match. Heads, fogs, tails, and emblems are all satin black, and the heads and tails have chrome rings :bigSmile: Oh, and the license plate bracket is satin black with chrome letters :lol:

OEM on the left, Painted on the right.

Should I keep the front license plate frame or no? I can't decide if I like it or not..

My next mods have been somewhat put on hold, err, more the priority shifted. I think my driver side front coilover is blown. It has gotten progressively louder (clanking) and I already checked to make sure things were tight. So now I'm probably going to have to swap my stock suspension back on until I can afford new coilovers. Then I'll be back to saving for the rest of my suspension parts and spacers.

I'm gonna try to take a video of how much "rebound" there is when I push on the fender. To the eye, it is noticably more bouncy on the driver side. I'm not really sure how else to check. There wasn't any noticable leaks the other day... But I need to pin point the problem before I work on a solution (obviously!)

EDIT: Not bumping this up again, but my coilover is NOT blown. It ended up being something loose. That is fixed now and I have a 5 speed LSD pumpkin on the way should be here Thursday!

Not sure what I will be getting after that... Soooo much stuff that I want

Last edited by white_is; 08-30-09 at 11:16 PM.