IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Luxury Motor Works or Dynamic Auto Sevices??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-09, 01:03 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Luxury Motor Works or Dynamic Auto Sevices??

Which one guys???

thanks.
Old 03-09-09, 02:14 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

LMW in the Chicagoland area has been much talk about deceptive practice. May be different in Cali. Research always pays off.
Old 03-09-09, 06:37 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

What work do you need to have done?
Old 03-09-09, 08:27 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

i need 90k done on my car. thanks.
Old 03-09-09, 09:41 PM
link13
Lead Lap

I strongly recommend Dynamic Auto Services. They've been doing the service on my car since a CL member referred me to them in 2005. The quality of work is great. I recommend calling to schedule an appointment because Son is often there by himself these days.
Old 03-09-09, 10:09 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by link13
I strongly recommend Dynamic Auto Services. They've been doing the service on my car since a CL member referred me to them in 2005. The quality of work is great. I recommend calling to schedule an appointment because Son is often there by himself these days.
i will call tomorrow.. thanks.. do you know if Son knows how to remove the front and rear bumpers??? sorry i know this sounds stupid...
Old 03-10-09, 10:40 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reyrey127
i will call tomorrow.. thanks.. do you know if Son knows how to remove the front and rear bumpers??? sorry i know this sounds stupid...
I am quite sure he does. I know of a CL member who went there for service and Son had to remove his front bumper to get the car on a lift because the car is lowered on coilovers and has a bodykit on it.
Old 03-10-09, 11:02 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by link13
I am quite sure he does. I know of a CL member who went there for service and Son had to remove his front bumper to get the car on a lift because the car is lowered on coilovers and has a bodykit on it.
perfect made an appointment this week. i will be there thursday. i hope everything goes well. i hope my drive from pasadena is worth it.. haha.. thanks.

rey
Old 03-10-09, 11:54 PM
VIPJOSH
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you live in socal like san diego. If so i went to revenge motorsports. They are under sponsor, service. They did an excellent job.
Old 03-11-09, 10:42 PM
formosa927
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does 90k job consist of? how much is it cost?
Old 03-12-09, 07:38 AM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

the 90k consists of the following from what i have gathered... there is a much more detailed list on my.is.net... which i found useful. there could be one here too but i have not used the search function here...
1. timing belt
2. tensioner
3. idler
4. pulley
5. water pump
6. thermostat and coolant (may or may not need I decided i might as well do it)
7. crank and cam seals
8. serpintine or drive belt (i think)

those are the big ones i believe. if there is more please let me know. thanks.

rey

Last edited by reyrey127; 03-12-09 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-12-09, 10:13 AM
formosa927
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sounds like just timing belt package? do we have to replace like main seal or valve adjustment? i think i read somewhere that spark plug replacement is also indicated for 90k service? i guess i would add transmission and differential fluid replacement as well. my car is 75k now and i am saving money for 90k tune up =(
Old 03-12-09, 09:55 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

well son right now has my vehicle. he seems like a good guy, but there was some things he said that i do not see on the invoice. like the serpintine belt, he said he was going to replace it but it is not on the invoice. ii will clarify with him in the morning. one more thing is that i asked for my parts back since this is my first time with son and i just wanted to make sure things were changed and it was also not on the invoice or comments section. it was my fault for forgetting to check and double check these things but i will verify in the morning.

also he told me that since the cam and crank seals last long i do not need to change them if i didnt want to. what are you guys' thoughts on this??

he seems like a cool person from my read. i even got a loaner.

i will keep everyone updated once i talk to him.

thanks.

rey
Old 03-13-09, 11:11 AM
link13
Lead Lap

They like to do the serpentine belt with the 90K service. Since my GS is non-VVTi, I did that major service at 120K and they did the serpentine belt with it. Son is not into gouging or doing needless repairs. If he says you don't need to do cam seals, I would believe him. Mine lasted to 166K. I think the serpentine belt is an inexpensive part and the labor is probably next to nothing since he's already in there anyway.
Old 03-14-09, 12:46 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by reyrey127
well son right now has my vehicle. he seems like a good guy, but there was some things he said that i do not see on the invoice. like the serpintine belt, he said he was going to replace it but it is not on the invoice. ii will clarify with him in the morning. one more thing is that i asked for my parts back since this is my first time with son and i just wanted to make sure things were changed and it was also not on the invoice or comments section. it was my fault for forgetting to check and double check these things but i will verify in the morning.

also he told me that since the cam and crank seals last long i do not need to change them if i didnt want to. what are you guys' thoughts on this??

he seems like a cool person from my read. i even got a loaner.

i will keep everyone updated once i talk to him.

thanks.

rey
so anyways, i got my car back, everything seems to be running well. he gave me the old parts back at least all the important ones, timing belt, serpentine belt, idler pulley, thermostat, and thats it. he showed me the airfilter and AC filter that he changed before tossing them.

the only thing i was confused was that i did not know that the idler pulley = tensioner bearing. at least that was what i was told. so does the is300 only have 1 idler pulley. i thought these were 2 separate things??!?! i am car stupid so bear with me...

i called son and asked about my tensioner and he said that it was not done. i was a little surprised since i thought i mentioned idler, pulley and tensioner, but the invoice never said it and i was never charged. so i take fault for not checking since i sort of just trusted what he said and assumed all that would be done. and in all honesty, he should be trusted since he is a very nice and patient fellow. i just thought it was understood it needed to be changed when all the parts were already disassembled. i was a little upset while i was driving back to pasadena because i felt like i might have been dupped for double service if i ever went back to get the "hydraulic tensioner" replaced.

so i called him again, and asked him how much it would cost me to change it, and being the nice fellow he is, he said "for me" (i am guessing only me) that since he already did the service he would not double charge me for labor but just for the part.

i was relieved after he said that but what if he forgets. what should i do???? i was thinking about going back when my next oil change comes up, which will probably be another 3 months since i dont drive much.

also none of the cam and crank seals were replaced because son said it looked good still..

that is my report. i told my good friend who trusted son and told me to go to him that he would rectify the problem. he was a little surprised as well as why the hydraulic tensioner was not changed along with the idler pulley, timing belt and water pump.

i have no clue as well. but we will see... what are your thoughts guys????

PS i saw a LS 460 white there they were working on.. belong to anyone???

Last edited by reyrey127; 03-14-09 at 12:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Luxury Motor Works or Dynamic Auto Sevices??