IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS3_FTW w/pics 56K *Not my Fault*

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-09, 09:17 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good deek! rims look sick cant wait to see her at the next meet we have to go boarding next season! but I wont be taking the sc ill stick to the 4runner for snow
Old 05-06-09, 09:21 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scshinobi
looking good deek! rims look sick cant wait to see her at the next meet we have to go boarding next season! but I wont be taking the sc ill stick to the 4runner for snow
I wont argue with a 4Runner
Old 05-07-09, 07:27 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black rims always look so clean on yellow. Very sick dude!
Old 05-11-09, 11:59 AM
PolacRudie
Driver School Candidate

Showing some SY love I desperately need some rims too, looking good!
Old 05-11-09, 06:57 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PolacRudie
Showing some SY love I desperately need some rims too, looking good!
Nice to meet another SY owner.

Your signature say's 114k, mine is at 140k...hehe
Old 05-12-09, 04:39 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's get them on! How much longer until you're available? Have you found a die grinder yet? My step brother says he has a couple at the shop but he had to figure a few things out and I never got an answer. Have you tried looking where to rent one yet?

Thinking about TT brakes soon? It'll look nice and feel MUCH better
Old 06-02-09, 12:09 PM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

Nice.. I had no idea you were going air.. Great pick up.. Looks like a great set up.. What air are you running?
Old 06-04-09, 03:27 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mrkenji
Nice.. I had no idea you were going air.. Great pick up.. Looks like a great set up.. What air are you running?
Thanks and it feels great. Just have to cut/roll the rear fender lip, to accomidate the extreme tire with Its not stiff, so it bounces. It feels just like stock. But with an aftermarket suspension. I sometimes cant even tell that I am on aftermarket suspension.

I was pretty much deciding on Air, before the April meet in '08. When I saw Marc's(golfkidd's) Q. I was sold on air. Then I found VSC and doing some research on it. It was either, UAS or AirRunner or etc... Then I found out, that it would have costed the same in the long run with UAS vs. AirRunner.

I went with AirRunner for the direct bolt on, and less hassle to install. I called Freddie @ AutoFashion. To my surprise, he had one being brought over to the states for the IS3. I received it in Aug.

It took almost a yr, before I decided to go with Xtreme Auto Salon(XAS) in Federal Way to do the install. JET did the install. I wanted it customized into the trunk spare tire well. I could have just thrown it on myself, with some help from Marc, but I didnt want that. Plus with it being pro installed. There is a Warranty for the install So everything I do, will be through XAS. They are a TOP SECRET vendor and can get JDM parts

JET also has an 02 or 03 IS3. He has some parts F.S. for the IS3. Like a WALD replica full fender flares(2 pairs) and a few other things.
Old 06-18-09, 12:52 PM
ks1
Rookie

damn jeff told me you were getting air ride.my is has been out of commission got hit like a week after i met you and jeff got hit a week later after me his IS got totaled and mine i had to fight progressive over for 4 months and i should finaly get my is back with the BN-sports full kit with wide fenders in a couple weeks. that drop is sick i need to get some money after spending 4k out of my own pocket to get my car out of the shop some springs and tires for my C2000 racingharts
Old 06-18-09, 02:13 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Dude, your car is well on it's way to awesome.

What's coming up next?

(2nd annual meet ... I'm out ... work is nicely monopolizing my weekends ... my days off are now Tues & Wed)
Old 06-21-09, 10:39 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

^^^Thanks Fay...Im not sure whats next. I just know that I have lots of parts in the garage, that still needs time to get put on. The weather down here is crazy. It would be sunny one minute, then shower hard the next. Then it would be sunny with high winds.

But I will post more pics. But it wont be on for the big, PNW cruise to Mt. St. Helens.
I hate this weather right now

Originally Posted by ks1
damn jeff told me you were getting air ride.my is has been out of commission got hit like a week after i met you and jeff got hit a week later after me his IS got totaled and mine i had to fight progressive over for 4 months and i should finaly get my is back with the BN-sports full kit with wide fenders in a couple weeks. that drop is sick i need to get some money after spending 4k out of my own pocket to get my car out of the shop some springs and tires for my C2000 racingharts
Hahaha...I forgot your name, but thanks bro. Sucks that both cars got F-ked. Has Jeff got a new IS yet?

That kit is going to look sick. Better start saving for some 11" wide wheels!!

Welcome to the world of spending more on parts, than the cost of purchase for the car that you bought
Old 07-06-09, 09:57 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Onto the pics...

I lose the cupholder, but well worth it for a clean look

Who needs a spare tire :erm:
Old 07-07-09, 03:54 AM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

looking great my friend...
Old 07-07-09, 06:36 AM
NyceTry
Pole Position

lmao losing the cupholder aint much seeing as they never hold my freaking drinks in place anyways
Old 07-07-09, 10:56 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Its been a long process, and still not done

Originally Posted by NyceTry
lmao losing the cupholder aint much seeing as they never hold my freaking drinks in place anyways
hahaha...I notice that too. Even with the 02 cupholder, vs the 01 bracket BS. Which I lost the 01 bracket multiple times, before losing it completely.

I just drink cans, so the back cupholder works fine. And doesnt get in the way of my arm. Making it all sticky.

Quick Reply: IS3_FTW w/pics 56K *Not my Fault*