IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Lowered Sportx Pics! Check it.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 08:42 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowered Sportx Pics! Check it.....

Finally lowered my SX last week. It was good times with a couple buddies and a case of beer!

Swapped out the springs with the Eibach Prokit. It claims that it will drop an inch but it was def more than that, which I can't complain. Many of you will say to get some rims! But....I can't right now till next summer. I am currently saving up for my winter wheels and tires. I am also working right now on applying sound deadener! Please fill free to leave your comments/suggestions.. thanks for looking!

Pictures before springs

Last edited by sway162; 09-01-09 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-13-09, 08:49 AM
NyceTry
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks really good bro! and i love the tail lights!!! whats next? seeing how good this looks really makes me want a sportX lol

Edit: geez that thing was high up in the back when it was stock lol

Last edited by NyceTry; 07-13-09 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-13-09, 08:52 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Very good, very good. Makes it look like more of a sporty wagon than a short RX.

Red-outs give it a bit of a GS look to the rear; interesting. (unsure how I feel about it since I quite like our tails)

Are you going to get a lip kit at all?
Old 07-13-09, 09:14 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NyceTry
looks really good bro! and i love the tail lights!!! whats next? seeing how good this looks really makes me want a sportX lol

Edit: geez that thing was high up in the back when it was stock lol
Thanks bro! Yeah...I think the tails look sexy on a MSM and classy! Next is adding sound deadener. I need to unfortunately save some $$ for winter set-up then save all winter for 18" rims/strut bars/sways/exhaust/headers. In between though I will be doing a few more cosmetics....Oh and yeah, the stock rear was way too high...WTF Lexus was thinking going with the nose diving look. lol
Originally Posted by Faymester
Very good, very good. Makes it look like more of a sporty wagon than a short RX.

Red-outs give it a bit of a GS look to the rear; interesting. (unsure how I feel about it since I quite like our tails)

Are you going to get a lip kit at all?
Thanks Fay for the shout out! lol....it did look like a shorter RX version...that's funny! Yeah, I like our stock tails no doubt but I didn't like it on a MSM...just looked funny to me. Here's a better shot of them...Maybe this will change your mind! If not....I tried!

As for a lip kit......I don't know yet, I really liked the Sportx stock bumper look. If I do add a kit, it will be last as I want to work more on suspension. =)
Old 07-13-09, 10:20 AM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

looks great...!!!! but ur driver door and the door behind drivers door in the "First" pic.. the paint is diffrent colors??? 2 diffrent silver.. or is that the camera.. other than that .. i like ur SportX
Old 07-13-09, 10:44 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusGSXR
looks great...!!!! but ur driver door and the door behind drivers door in the "First" pic.. the paint is diffrent colors??? 2 diffrent silver.. or is that the camera.. other than that .. i like ur SportX
Thanks LexusGSXR! Nah, lol....it's just the camera didn't photoshop any of them. Nice spot BTW!
Old 07-13-09, 11:58 AM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

lookz great....what next?...are you goin big with mods on this or simple and essentials only?
Old 07-13-09, 12:35 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

looking great brother! keep it up!
Old 07-13-09, 12:40 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Looks much better. Really makes the car.
Old 07-13-09, 12:53 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RCPnoi
lookz great....what next?...are you goin big with mods on this or simple and essentials only?
Thanks! I am focusing on suspension upgrades. Right now, I just have the Eibach springs, JoeZ intake w/blitz drop in filter, tint, red outs, and yellow fog overlays. Want to keep it a sleeper with a classy look. I have to invest in some winter wheels/tires first so next summer I will be getting 18" wheels (something classy w/mach lip). I'm currently working on sound deadening the rear surrounding the spare tire, under rear seats and driver/passenger door side panels.

My list to install by next summer:
Front Sway
Shocks
Rear strut bar
rear braces

Then just a lil cosmetics like clear side markers, shark fin antenna, paint calipers black, ect...
Old 07-13-09, 12:58 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Looks good!!

I have a front STB if your interested. Is the JIC and I will sell it dirt cheap. As I had replaced it with a ProLex one
I was trying to trade it with my Tails, for a SD version tails, but the guy decided to keep his

Anyways, cant wait to see it in person
Old 07-13-09, 02:10 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by anotherLS
looking great brother! keep it up!
Thanks bro! I gotta catch up to your sexy SX! lol

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Looks much better. Really makes the car.
Thanks IS-SV. Yes it does, what a difference a lil drop can make. I am very pleased with the look. I can't stop starring at her now.
Old 07-13-09, 02:34 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Careful...GF will get jealous of her
Old 07-13-09, 02:34 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
Looks good!!

I have a front STB if your interested. Is the JIC and I will sell it dirt cheap. As I had replaced it with a ProLex one
I was trying to trade it with my Tails, for a SD version tails, but the guy decided to keep his

Anyways, cant wait to see it in person
Thanks for shout out IS3_FTW! Hmmm...I may be interested in the JIC STB. I just wanted to get one for the rear but might as well get one for the front. How much is dirt cheap?? Send me a PM!

Yeah, can't wait to see your slammed IS3, never seen a yellow one yet in person! I am planning on going to the July 18th meet in Tukwila, hopefully I will see you there.
Old 07-13-09, 04:06 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sway162
Thanks for shout out IS3_FTW! Hmmm...I may be interested in the JIC STB. I just wanted to get one for the rear but might as well get one for the front. How much is dirt cheap?? Send me a PM!

Yeah, can't wait to see your slammed IS3, never seen a yellow one yet in person! I am planning on going to the July 18th meet in Tukwila, hopefully I will see you there.
Im going camping that weekend. So I wont be at the Tukwila meet.

Quick Reply: Lowered Sportx Pics! Check it.....