IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Arms Design Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-02, 03:29 PM
PhatLexus2001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arms Design Kit

Can someone tell me where i can buy the arms design full body kit and how much does it cost? also does the kit need to be modified at all when installed on the IS? Thanks!
Old 04-21-02, 04:41 PM
liljungnam
Driver

PhatLexus2001- Be very carefull when you buy this kit. When your buying the real kit it will cost you well over 1500 for sure because you have to ship it from japan. and No, the real kit doesnt fit, why is because Jp IS is shorter. You would have to get the front lip and rear bumper refitted.

But if you dont care if its fake or real ive noticed people are making copies of the front lip. These fake front lips should cost around $200- $300, and they sometimes fit, but other times no. Dont let some of these people fool you, with there fake front lips.

Why i know this is because i ordered real ARMS DESIGN pieces from japan, and when i was waiting for the real pieces i went and bought a front lip for cheaper, and guess what it was fake. I didnt notice until i got the real piece. The real edges were smooth and the fake one was rough. Fiber glass quality was way different.
Old 04-21-02, 07:11 PM
PhatLexus2001
Driver School Candidate

Hey liljungnam thanks for the info i will definitely keep an eye on that.
Old 04-22-02, 07:03 AM
LIVN XL
Pole Position

okay....I have the full arms design kit. And in my opinion...I think mine is BETTER than the original. I have made a few new friends who are having them made. They ordered the original from Japan and modified it and had molds made for it and are now making them. The original was just 1-layer fiberglass. The ones they are making are good quality fiberglass and its 3-layers. I saw both, theirs was MUCH more sturdier and it was an awesome fit!! They had to modify the ones they made just a bit for my car because of my Tanabe exhaust and they made just a few other minor adjustments. It was a nice snug fit without any bolts or tape or anything! Real or fake, I bet you can't tell the difference with my kit! If you're interested, they are selling them right now for $1,000. Contact info@hyperrev.com and tell him that Nimesh sent ya!!
Old 04-22-02, 03:59 PM
liljungnam
Driver

If you really want the kit then go for it. Its worth it because of the fact you dont have to pay the extra money to get it shipped over and then pay to get it modified, painted. but if your the type of person who cares about real parts and is able to blow a little extra money. Then i say go for the real thing.

either way American fiber glass is alot more stiff, and is usually not as flexible. Thats why the paint eventually cracks and or fiberglass starts to break. But since its a lip i guess it really doesnt matter,because this usually applies to bumpers, but one thing to becareful about is that real kits usually curve around the edges with no gaps(usually). Fake kits tend to leave little gaps(depending on quality). I know what Livin XL means buy a realy tight fit without bolts!!! You can ask or talk to him about how he likes his kit.

again if its just to give your car some extra personality on the street then why not, but if your really a competior in the import industry and is really picky about Real or fake parts then dont do it.