IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Wald kit info?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-02, 04:51 PM
jcraft
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wald kit info?

I have researching the Wald kit on this forum, but still have some questions?

I have heard it is a pain to install, with stuff not fitting and such, is that true? If so does that usually up the price a ton to get it installed?

Second the fender flares look sweet! Does this mean you can fit wider tires on? If so about what size, and do you need to cut anything for the wider tires?

Third, if you do not get the fender flares with the Wald kit, does it still look good and flush, or do the fender flares complete the lines?

Finally, the rivit install looks bad I think. I have heard about molding though. Does anyone have experience with that? If so is that a good way to go? Will molding crack or come apart? ALso how much do you think that might cost to do?

Any info on this kit would be great! Thanks in advance for all your help!

James
Old 06-13-02, 05:13 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Wald kit info?

ok first off I had the wald kit on my car and still have the side skirts.. yes you have to mod the Front and rear lips a good bit to(extend them) to make them fit the car will cost you a 150 or so to get that done..maybe more

as far as the flares go yes you can fit a wider set of tires as long as the fenders get rolled or cut out underneath..size is up too you and what width wheel you got...

I had the Kit with no flares for a while and it looked fine

as far as the molding and not molding.. I have a SBM IS300 with the flares not molded I used screws and painted the screws blue looks good I like it better cause in case anything happens to your bumper you dont have to UNMOLDED the flares from the bumper to take off the bumper...also it looks way more JDM with the screws/rivets..

cost it all depends on what you want to do.... kit goes from anywhere 1500-2000 complete with grille and flares.. maybe more maybe less... install well varies... so maybe 2500-2800 or so?

Originally posted by jcraft
I have researching the Wald kit on this forum, but still have some questions?

I have heard it is a pain to install, with stuff not fitting and such, is that true? If so does that usually up the price a ton to get it installed?

Second the fender flares look sweet! Does this mean you can fit wider tires on? If so about what size, and do you need to cut anything for the wider tires?

Third, if you do not get the fender flares with the Wald kit, does it still look good and flush, or do the fender flares complete the lines?

Finally, the rivit install looks bad I think. I have heard about molding though. Does anyone have experience with that? If so is that a good way to go? Will molding crack or come apart? ALso how much do you think that might cost to do?

Any info on this kit would be great! Thanks in advance for all your help!

James