IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Noob carseat question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-10, 02:42 PM
dustinbray
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob carseat question

Hey, I've had my car for 1.5 years now, and my daughter is ready for a new car seat, what car seat fits the IS300 the best, and do you have any problems with driver seat position? Any pics?
Old 06-26-10, 07:01 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I have no business in a car seat thread I do however remember a discussion on CL here years back showing the many car seat people here used and you might find it in a broad general search.
Old 06-27-10, 12:01 PM
13s_is300
Pole Position

go recaro or graco nautilus. both work well
Old 07-19-10, 02:18 PM
jaseman
Pole Position

I know this post is about a month old, but hopefully it'll help you out....

Just had to buy a new car seat for my daughter who just turned one. The old, rear facing one had to be put on the passenger side, as I couldn't get the drivers seat back far enough to comfortably drive. The new one is an Evenflow (don't know the model). Bought it at Burlington for ~$75. It doesn't have all the features of some of the high-end seats, but it's a nice seat for the price, and much better padded than the $40 ones you find some places (very important if your child's gonna spend more than 10 minutes at a time in it).

Now I can fit it behind the drivers seat, and still have my seat as far back as I need it to work the pedals (I'm 6'2" BTW if that helps), and the wife can turn around and take car of my daughter while we're on the road.

Pics of it in the car for you. Doesn't look like much room behind the drivers seat, but she's got more than enough for her legs.
Attached Thumbnails Noob carseat question-photo.jpg   Noob carseat question-photo-1.jpg  
Old 07-19-10, 09:48 PM
dustinbray
Driver

Originally Posted by jaseman
I know this post is about a month old, but hopefully it'll help you out....

Just had to buy a new car seat for my daughter who just turned one. The old, rear facing one had to be put on the passenger side, as I couldn't get the drivers seat back far enough to comfortably drive. The new one is an Evenflow (don't know the model). Bought it at Burlington for ~$75. It doesn't have all the features of some of the high-end seats, but it's a nice seat for the price, and much better padded than the $40 ones you find some places (very important if your child's gonna spend more than 10 minutes at a time in it).

Now I can fit it behind the drivers seat, and still have my seat as far back as I need it to work the pedals (I'm 6'2" BTW if that helps), and the wife can turn around and take car of my daughter while we're on the road.

Pics of it in the car for you. Doesn't look like much room behind the drivers seat, but she's got more than enough for her legs.
Yea, the problem with it rear facing is my wifes seat is almost all the way forward. No worries tho, I'm just gonna get her an suv and just be done with the hassle. Thanks for your input tho.
Old 07-20-10, 06:46 AM
jaseman
Pole Position

Our rear facing pushed her forward a bit too. It wasn't too bad though, the wife still had room to be relatively comfy (she's 5'9" if it helps) but not ideal. Much better than her Imprezza, which put the passengers knees into the dash....

Don't know what you do or don't know about car seats, so disregard if you know this info already...

If your child is over 1 year and 20-25 lbs, they can be in a forward facing seat. Our rear facing was only rated to 23 lbs, which my daughter was already at, at 10 months. So depending on your little one, you may be able to go forward facing instead of buying that SUV.... unless your just looking for an excuse to buy one.