IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Megan camber kit! please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11, 10:47 AM
WhiteAngel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megan camber kit! please help!

hi everyone! i recently install the megan camber kit in for my Is300! and havent got an alignment yet! however this after market product makes super ugly noise when i go over bump/potholes (really bad/loud noise). So i wonder if anyone knows what the heck is going on, is it because of the camber kit or something else?! PLEASE HELP! thank you for your time

ill upload some photos asap! thanks!
Old 05-11-11, 03:37 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by WhiteAngel
havent got an alignment yet!
sounds like you already answered your own question
Old 05-11-11, 06:28 PM
WhiteAngel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by llllllllll
sounds like you already answered your own question
ohh! so if i get an alignment it will make a big change? even the noise? i am totally noob at this lol
thanks (:
Old 05-11-11, 06:57 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by WhiteAngel
ohh! so if i get an alignment it will make a big change? even the noise? i am totally noob at this lol
thanks (:
I think the megan camber kit is just manufactured and shipped, I don't think they pre-adjust it to factory specs or anything. So when you put it on your car it's just like... on there... So all kinda crazy stuff can be going on right now, i wouldn't really be driving with it being not adjusted correctly, could break your new toy or mess up something with your suspension. But I mean, as long as you can visually see that your wheels aren't crooked and aren't hitting anything it's not a life threatening thing but you still should get it looked at.

When you go to get alignment, your mechanic will adjust it to the correct specs and you'll be all good. Probably didn't even have to install it yourself, could have let them do it when they do your alignment.

by the way, is this front or rear camber kit?
Old 05-11-11, 09:56 PM
WhiteAngel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by llllllllll
I think the megan camber kit is just manufactured and shipped, I don't think they pre-adjust it to factory specs or anything. So when you put it on your car it's just like... on there... So all kinda crazy stuff can be going on right now, i wouldn't really be driving with it being not adjusted correctly, could break your new toy or mess up something with your suspension. But I mean, as long as you can visually see that your wheels aren't crooked and aren't hitting anything it's not a life threatening thing but you still should get it looked at.
When you go to get alignment, your mechanic will adjust it to the correct specs and you'll be all good. Probably didn't even have to install it yourself, could have let them do it when they do your alignment.

by the way, is this front or rear camber kit?
oh now i feel stress free for a bit! yeah my car is at the bodyshop and just made an appointment for alignment today! i should be okay afterwards! *crossfinger!
and its the front camber kit! the rear i have spc! but yeah thanks for the advice!
Old 05-11-11, 10:52 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

An alignment isn't necessarily going to eliminate any noise. Not saying that you shouldn't get one though. Usually when you hear noises with your suspension when hitting pumps its either because something is loose or because the spring isn't under any preload and the noise you hear is the spring moving around when the shock isn't under compression when the car bounces up.
Old 05-14-11, 08:51 PM
WhiteAngel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Apex84
An alignment isn't necessarily going to eliminate any noise. Not saying that you shouldn't get one though. Usually when you hear noises with your suspension when hitting pumps its either because something is loose or because the spring isn't under any preload and the noise you hear is the spring moving around when the shock isn't under compression when the car bounces up.
Thank you guys!! =D
Anyways, i got my alignment done by this one legit shop in Milpitas, CA. Also find out what happened to that ugly noise, it was the upper top plate of the camber kit hitting against the frame every time i hit the bump/potholes. Any suggestion to avoid it!? and now every time i brake i would hear the noise between medals go against each other. Please help guys, Thank youuu <3 =D
Old 05-15-11, 01:32 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Is it installed properly?

Does it need to be cut/grinded/modified?
Get one of these, they come in handy!!

Old 05-15-11, 10:43 AM
isusu8o8
Driver

Originally Posted by Apex84
how would you fix this problem because this is exactly whats happening to my coils.
Old 05-15-11, 08:40 PM
WhiteAngel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by isusu8o8
how would you fix this problem because this is exactly whats happening to my coils.
AHHHHHH! so a tech told me it is okay to run like that if i like it like that. However, the noise is really bugging me and make my car sounds really ugly ):