IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Pics of my car.......My new tint....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-02, 08:40 PM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my car.......My new tint....

it's a 20% metalized film, same as on the prelude.......

Old 09-14-02, 01:48 AM
JRK
Pole Position

wow. that looks pretty nice. personally i would have done black (smoke?) tint on a black car but that look very nice and clean. i like it.

you should have gotten some closer pictures though.
i wanted to see how dark/light 20% is because i am looking to do tint on my bimmer pretty soon. although i may go 5%.
Old 09-14-02, 09:54 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

I had 5% on one car, and I would never do it again, too dark, at night I'd have to roll down the windows to see what was coming out the side windows
Old 09-14-02, 10:54 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Nice pics. Luv the backgrounds also!

DD
Old 09-15-02, 12:55 AM
JRK
Pole Position

I had 5% on one car, and I would never do it again, too dark
ya, i know exactly what you mean. my friends S-class had 5% in the rear windows and you could not see **** out of the windows at night. a little bit too dark.

i am remembering how it was now...and im thinking 20% is still dark enough right?

Last edited by JRK; 09-15-02 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-15-02, 12:57 AM
JRK
Pole Position

Originally posted by SDuquette
at night I'd have to roll down the windows to see what was coming out the side windows
and also, when i do my tint, i would not tint the front windows to the extend of the rears. thats kinda weird if you ask me...and illegal.
Old 09-25-02, 09:48 PM
tlin8
Driver School Candidate

cool
Old 09-30-02, 11:52 AM
gavron1
Rookie

Looks nice I love my titainium tint. SDuquette I grew up in N.M. looks like the Sandia's in the background??? I miss it sometimes since I am all the way in Georgia now.
Old 09-30-02, 07:53 PM
Marley
Pole Position

Nice pics. I had nice tint too but I had to remove the fronts cause a cop pulled me over and gave me a 90 dollar ticket. The tint I had wasn't even dark 30%
Old 10-01-02, 12:37 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gavron1
Looks nice I love my titainium tint. SDuquette I grew up in N.M. looks like the Sandia's in the background??? I miss it sometimes since I am all the way in Georgia now.
Yeppers, those are the Sandias, north on tramway, just past the tram. If you haven't been here in a few years, like 4 or 5, you should drive through or something, the city is getting freakin hugethey are building houses as far north and as far west as you can go, Rio Rancho and Albuquerque are basically one big metro area now. Cost of living is sweet too, I'm building a nice 2 story, 1800 sq. ft. stillbrooke with tile and marble and a bunch of upgrades for like $135,000, sad thing is, the exact same house in the ghetto is like $100k, and in north east is like $180k, but it's all good, I'm alright where it is, right by I-40. There probably isn't as much in the way of great and exciting things still, but it's getting nice none the less.
Old 10-01-02, 02:33 AM
gavron1
Rookie

Yeppers, those are the Sandias, north on tramway, just past the tram. If you haven't been here in a few years, like 4 or 5, you should drive through or something, the city is getting freakin hugethey are building houses as far north and as far west as you can go, Rio Rancho and Albuquerque are basically one big metro area now. Cost of living is sweet too, I'm building a nice 2 story, 1800 sq. ft. stillbrooke with tile and marble and a bunch of upgrades for like $135,000, sad thing is, the exact same house in the ghetto is like $100k, and in north east is like $180k, but it's all good, I'm alright where it is, right by I-40. There probably isn't as much in the way of great and exciting things still, but it's getting nice none the less.
Glad to hear it. I was there about 6 months ago. I flew in and drove to Grants. I used to live off Coors Rd right off the interstate. Our sub-division was the only one out there at the time. boy did that change.
Old 10-01-02, 02:56 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

That is were my house is being built, I don't know the area real well, I'm from NE, but basically ouray to estancia, right on miami and then left on some other street, and it's pretty much the closest subdivision to the freeway, called juniper run 2. I never lived on that side of town, I went to St. Pius for 2 years, and hated the westside, but hopefully things will be better, because I really like the house and the price.
Old 10-01-02, 03:11 AM
nismo270R
Rookie

I have 20 on my car, it's not bad at night at all, I think it's still illegal but ohh well.

P.S the 3rd pic makes you car look pretty mean, I am getting scared just looking at it.
Old 10-01-02, 10:11 AM
gavron1
Rookie

That is were my house is being built, I don't know the area real well, I'm from NE, but basically ouray to estancia, right on miami and then left on some other street, and it's pretty much the closest subdivision to the freeway, called juniper run 2. I never lived on that side of town, I went to St. Pius for 2 years, and hated the westside, but hopefully things will be better, because I really like the house and the price.
sounds nice. I lived right off Ouray. I went to Cibola when I was there. Enjoy your car!! it looks good. I know I enjoy mine.
Old 10-28-02, 11:12 PM
DjXquizit
Driver

i used to live in New Mexico as well...If I remember correctly, I lived on Camino Arbustos kinda near Tanoan or sumthin...and I remember goin to S.Y. Jackson elementary school (if it still exists)...brings back old memories...

Quick Reply: Pics of my car.......My new tint....