IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Need a few answers

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-02 | 04:09 PM
SilvrIS
Driver School Candidate

Question Need a few answers

I just purchases a 2002 IS 5-speed and I want it lowered to look better but I can't afford coil-overs yet but I want it to ride good, which springs should I go with and how low should it go?
How do I get the flashing seat belt light to cut off...besides putting my seat belt on...it drives me nuts?
Which intake is the best for the $...I heard injen makes the best, is that true?
Exhaust? which is the best that doesn't change the tone of the original?
Any other type of modifications that anyone recomends I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 09-23-02 | 10:57 PM
liljungnam
Driver

If you want a nice comfortable ride coilovers arnt for you. I bought Springs because coilovers even on there softest setting is very bumpy. I purchased Sprint 2in drop springs and i love them. They perform great, and much better then stock since your lower. Coilovers are more for race, which allows you to feel the road, making it real bumpy. I had a friend who couldnt wait till his coilovers came in and after he got them he was like uh its to rough. It wont ride smooth like your lexus should. But its really all your desision.

As for the light tyhat comes on your best bet is to just take out the light.

As for intake dyno has proven that the SRT intake with Piggy back ECU on 2001 models perform best. But since the 02 model and they have been leaned out im not sure if you will get the same amount of power as if you were 2001. I have heard positive things about the Injen but i would go for the New Area51 intake., but thats my opinion.

As for a nice quite exhaust i would get the Blitz it sounds stock during normal driving but when you punch it it has a very crisp clean sound. IT fits the IS300 perfect, and sounds nothing like a honda. Not ricey one bit. Its not one bit annoying, Many people dont like this exhaust because it is quite during everyday driving.

As for other mods i would recommend some nice 19 inch wheels.