IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

customer needing problem resolution

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-02, 04:39 PM
soyb0mb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a thought....

End the debate and give him the tracking #.

IF its legit, you're in the clear...

If you ignore this post, and/or can't/won't come up with it, then we know you're full of sheet...

I think I know what will happen, as you havent replied to his requests for the # to date.

And I would not be surprised if you moderated this post oout of this thread
Old 10-09-02, 05:02 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Let me break this down for you.

I have said in no more uncertain terms that a decision has been made on this topic & I'm not into monday morning QB'ing UNLESS I am given a specific & direct order to do so by the man running the show.

If that man running the show decides to change pace...that's another story.

What are you talkin' about...."ignore this post" or "moderate this post" ???

It's not that type of party...just like someone said you are entitled to your opinion.
Old 10-09-02, 05:17 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still believe in ya marken.

By the way, when you think Mo will have some time in his schedule to install a torque converter for me? Mid to end November?
Old 10-09-02, 05:38 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Originally posted by verylost
I still believe in ya marken.

By the way, when you think Mo will have some time in his schedule to install a torque converter for me? Mid to end November?
Kewl. 'Cause I never lost faith in me.

That time frame sounds about right. If you know exactly when the TC will be on hand, maybe earlier than that.

Last edited by lexlyf; 10-09-02 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-09-02, 05:46 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Angry

Originally posted by soyb0mb
Let me break this down for you.

I have said in no more uncertain terms that a decision has been made on this topic & I'm not into monday morning QB'ing UNLESS I am given a specific & direct order to do so by the man running the show.

If that man running the show decides to change pace...that's another story.

What are you talkin' about...."ignore this post" or "moderate this post" ???

It's not that type of party...just like someone said you are entitled to your opinion.

blah.. blah.....blah... What a follower. I'm calling you Sheep from now on since you just follow the heard.

Sheep,
Since you like quoting me so much. I'll quote myself.

"Don't even reply if you're not going to do something. If you do it's nothing but smack talking w/ no action."
Old 10-09-02, 10:12 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are all IS owners like 20 year old trust fund babys? that whole site is just jacked up with retards
Old 10-09-02, 11:04 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Originally posted by IS_Dude

blah.. blah.....blah... What a follower. I'm calling you Sheep from now on since you just follow the heard.

Sheep,
Since you like quoting me so much. I'll quote myself.

"Don't even reply if you're not going to do something. If you do it's nothing but smack talking w/ no action."
Old 10-10-02, 12:42 AM
dune
Driver

Hello all. Just felt like venting, hope you'll excuse me. Let me present some information...

Way back (seems like years) when Mo sent me an intake for my IS300 in good faith of a future relationship. In return, I installed the intake and did dyno runs with and without to determine the power generated. Results. So far, so good. No problems with the intake whatsoever. Mo is apparently happy with my results and I hope to do additional business together...

Fast forward six months... Several times on is300.net, an SRT thread has come up regarding a customer issue and regardless of the circumstance, SRT's response was to simply disappear, never to be found again. This left a festering wound the less-mature members of my site continue to poke at.

Fast forward a few more months. Steve (Jedi) gets his IS300 and we decide to see what the intake does on his 5MT. I've had it off my car in prep for trade-in, for autocross, etc... During the install we decide to remove the ecu from its humungous plastic housing and install it inside the factory ecu plastic housing. We have pictures somewhere, if anyone wants to see them...

We soon have a meet with a dyno day and we're anxious to see how Steve's car has done. I don't have the charts from that day, but the result was that his car LOST horsepower and torque (about 3hp) with the intake. Hmm. BEFORE we post anything on the site, we talk to Mo and see what he thinks the problem is... He says the fueling on the ecu on the 2002 5MT is different and the intake ecu needs to be reflashed with a different program. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me...Send it back and we'll reflash it for you, he says...

And here we are. The meet with Steve's dyno was in April. Steve posted this issue on the site in September. Think we waited long enough? Personally, I believe we've taken the high road throughout our entire relationship. I wouldn't do it any other way.

Now, to top it off, and what prompted this gut-spilling here is that I come home today to find not one, but TWO messages from MO on my machine. Wow! Alas, he was not calling to say that he shipped the ecu or to give me the tracking number, he was calling me because someone has posted his personal contact information on my site. He threatened me with legal action and demanded that I remove not just his contact info, but the ENTIRE thread from my site. Funny, but I don't get warm and fuzzy feelings from that.

I immediately removed the contact information and deactived the user responsible because I don't allow that kind of thing - but I'd love to know why he'd like the entire thread removed...

And well, that's all for now, thanks for listening. I'll go back to tending to the kids...

Last edited by dune; 10-10-02 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-10-02, 03:12 AM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Let me first start by apologizing to the three CL users who made replies to this thread after Tony’s words. That was my doing and I have contacted the users via PM regarding why. I felt that this thread should come to a close due to the following.

To confirm what Tony & Steve from .NET spoke of, Mo did contact the Co-partners of the board. The call was prompted due to someone taking it upon themselves to retrieve and post sensitive information that should never be placed in a publicly viewed forum.

After .NET returned the message, all parties involved had an opportunity to communicate in a clear & non hostile manner. From this conversation compromises, resolution and future verbal commitments had been reached by both parties that are more than satisfactory.

I also want to take this time to apologize to the Lexus enthusiast public and miscellaneous browsers of CL and .NET who had to view the disagreement taking place on-line. In retrospect, neither Tony, Steve, Mo or myself truly wanted for this to take place, but you live, you learn, you work together and you try to move on.

In the end, I think that we are all better for having gone through this experience. I’d also like to believe that all parties in positions of authority at both .NET and SRT, self included, will handle future issues of this matter in a way that is more assisting and positive to the reputations that have taken such delicate time to build.

I also have to extend a special thanks to Ethan, for allowing me to use this space for this purpose.