IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

customer needing problem resolution

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-02, 06:50 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default customer needing problem resolution

Can you guys see what you can do to help this person out. He's one of the owner/creators of IS300.net

Your customer service rating is at stake.

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic...924&highlight=
Old 09-20-02, 03:24 AM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

I was not personally aware of this issue taking place. i want to thank you for placing the post mentioning it.

Although it's almost 2:30 in the am, I have taken the time to make a very well thought out ans sincere response to the thread, which should not leave any questions.

Please let me know in the future what I can do to assist YOU personally.

What baffles me is that no one else took it upon themselves to do what you did???!!!

Thank you again.
Old 09-24-02, 04:07 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up saying my opinion

I don't care who actually reads this, i am sure someone will, but i believe that srt is getting some ****ty feedback from some idiots. Those fellas helped me out when i needed there help on a sat right before they were closing i believe. Thats more than what most companies would do. I dont believe i ever had help on a damn saturday after 12:00. If your driving a lexus, you should not compromise quality and money. Sell it and buy sumthin else. Those fellas answer questions from cl.com and is300.net all day. *****in when it is bad for 2 or 3 people is stupid. there the only people in the aftermarket business that answer question after question. I cant wait til i drive to maryland and have them do some major work for me.
Old 09-26-02, 01:37 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Default Re: saying my opinion

Originally posted by fireballs gs400
I don't care who actually reads this, i am sure someone will, but i believe that srt is getting some ****ty feedback from some idiots. Those fellas helped me out when i needed there help on a sat right before they were closing i believe. Thats more than what most companies would do. I dont believe i ever had help on a damn saturday after 12:00. If your driving a lexus, you should not compromise quality and money. Sell it and buy sumthin else. Those fellas answer questions from cl.com and is300.net all day. *****in when it is bad for 2 or 3 people is stupid. there the only people in the aftermarket business that answer question after question. I cant wait til i drive to maryland and have them do some major work for me.
Yeah...what he said...ditto!!
Old 10-03-02, 03:06 AM
IS_Dude
Driver

Looks like SRT and Mo pulled their typical BS and snowed it over and made the situation irrepairable.

Congrats!

You guys are amazing.
Old 10-03-02, 03:41 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

I think SRT did the right thing given the circumstances presented. The fact that this Jedi character used the long distance prices as an excuse for not calling Marken's cell is pathetic. We are not doing international calling here. Then, the he said she said of who was to call who. Damn it sounds like BS I went through with ex's when I was younger over who was suppose to call. Jedi should of just picked the damn phone up and called. Oh yeah my bad, long distance fees again. Damn they are expensive these days. Then he is happy to pay the upgrade fee for the unit. But I thought he didn't want to spend a few cheap cents on long distance? :INSERT: Time for 10-10-220 commercial w/Mike Piazza and Emmit Smith. Should of just dialed 10-10-220 in the end. 20 min for less than a $1 and this would have been taken care of I guess. I liked the reason for removing the ECU from its box BTW. Oh well, Mo did the right thing IMO.

Marken, when can we expect some prices and #s on the TT setup?
Old 10-03-02, 08:10 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Originally posted by GS430 GUY
I think SRT did the right thing given the circumstances presented. The fact that this Jedi character used the long distance prices as an excuse for not calling Marken's cell is pathetic. We are not doing international calling here. Then, the he said she said of who was to call who. Damn it sounds like BS I went through with ex's when I was younger over who was suppose to call. Jedi should of just picked the damn phone up and called. Oh yeah my bad, long distance fees again. Damn they are expensive these days. Then he is happy to pay the upgrade fee for the unit. But I thought he didn't want to spend a few cheap cents on long distance? :INSERT: Time for 10-10-220 commercial w/Mike Piazza and Emmit Smith. Should of just dialed 10-10-220 in the end. 20 min for less than a $1 and this would have been taken care of I guess. I liked the reason for removing the ECU from its box BTW. Oh well, Mo did the right thing IMO.

Marken, when can we expect some prices and #s on the TT setup?
So why did Marken say it was shipped on the 22 and then say it wasn't and then say it was shipped on the 27th and then say that Mo recalled it. ((btw: it's very difficult to recall a ground package)) I won't believe it was actually shipped unless someone provides a tracking number.

Marken said he would personally resolve the situation. And then he says, oh sorry I couldn't help you I had to go shopping.

You rip on jedi about not making a phone call. How much does he have to call them to get them to reflash the unit(10min max) and throw it in an envelope(10min) and fedex it(10min) 30min and it's done. They had the thing for more than a month.

just my opinion. Everyone entitled to theirs.
Old 10-03-02, 08:42 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own no products from SRT or even know anyone down there, but damn, why was the case open? I open anything I buy and I know I void the warranty, that is pretty straight forward. Lets not get into others peoples BS, fact is the box was open, leave it be.
Old 10-04-02, 09:33 AM
isman
Pole Position

I must put in my .02cents to this issue. I didn't post on the .net thread altough I have been following it cause basically everyone that's posting are out to hang SRT. Why bother posting when it's all one sided! I mean, I don't even understand how this issue has blown up so much. Jedi NEVER bought the ecu from SRT! period. Jedi NEVER paid for the ecu. Some of the posts I read was so hypocritical. They state SRT products are junk but they all own SRT intakes. If they think SRT products are not worthy, then why even bother with this ecu upgrade situation? I just feel the club lexus forum is so much more mature and clear of views in comparison to the .net. I've been on the .net for a while because that forum is specifically for my model of lexus, but it's a diff. environment than other forums. I've browsed other forums such as the altima forum, ls1 forum, rsx forum, acura cl forums, g35 forums and guess what, the impressions that other forum members have of the is300.net forum is basically bunch of one sided immature kids in general. That is not the impression I want of is300 owners. Everyone is afraid to stand up and post opposing views because the .net admins. might cancel their account or get a major flaming from the opposing members. That is just pure bureaucracy. When I'm getting something for free that I haven't paid for, I would be quite patient and greatful for something that is givin to me. If that gift never arises, then fine. I didn't pay a single cent anyways. Sorry for the long post, I guess it's a bit more than .02 cents.
Old 10-04-02, 06:43 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up 89.95 worth

if srt sucks so bad go buy a akimoto intake...
Old 10-04-02, 10:02 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

isman,

I understand what you're saying. Really. But, you're basing everything off of him not buying it. SRT didn't have a problem w/ reflashing the ecu as Marken indicated. They offered to fix the problem with no muss or fuss. Then they fell through on their offer in blazing glorry.

I have nothing against SRT besides them letting down a fellow IS'er after promissing to fix the situation. I just am trying to bring the other POV to the situation.

Can you honestly read what Marken and Jedi and Webmaster wrote and not see a problem w/ the customer support issue? Forget what everyone not involved wrote.
Old 10-08-02, 12:54 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

This is a tough situation because a lot of factors that are in play that people aren't aware of, which will most likely never see the light of day.

There are only 2 people in this world who really need to form some sort of resolution and neither of those 2 individuals are communicating to "each other" for their own reasons.

Irrespective of how people may feel, Mo is the CEO & founder of SRT. If he makes an Executive decision, all of the members of "his" team must abide by it, self included. It is difficult at times to "surrender" your will, but it is that sort of precedent & principle that has allowed SRT to be as successful as it has become.

As a member of the team, all I can do is hold the faith that one has and trust that all decisions have a definitive purpose, regardless if it is voiced or unvoiced. That is the reality of it all from my specific position.

In reference to that situation, I am very comfortable in stating that I, Marken Smith, will bear the burden of blame for Jedi's issue. Put it all on me. If I'm not in a position to say that, then we should "shut the doors" and go home.

In closing, I will say for the millionth time, you, the true consumer, hold the key as to where you will and will not spend your hard earned money. No one "forces" you buy anything. "You" control that aspect.

Last edited by lexlyf; 10-09-02 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-09-02, 01:32 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Originally posted by IS_Dude
Marken said he would personally resolve the situation. And then he says, oh sorry I couldn't help you I had to go shopping.

just my opinion. Everyone entitled to theirs.
Don't be a wise ***, Jedi was calling me AFTER the appointed time I gave him & I wasn't available to receive ANYONE'S phone call because I was indisposed, irrespective of what I was doing & who I was doing it with.

Yeah, you're right......it's just your opinion and right again......you're entitled to it.
Old 10-09-02, 03:39 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Originally posted by lexlyf

Don't be a wise ***, Jedi was calling me AFTER the appointed time I gave him & I wasn't available to receive ANYONE'S phone call because I was indisposed, irrespective of what I was doing & who I was doing it with.

Yeah, you're right......it's just your opinion and right again......you're entitled to it.

fiesty for a man who can't ship a reflashed ecu. You spend more time on this thread than it would take to send the GDamn ecu. I'll send you $50 to reflash it, if you'll send it out.

Don't even reply if you're not going to do something. If you do it's nothing but smack talking w/ no action.
Old 10-09-02, 04:16 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Just like you stated earlier......it's your opinion & you are entitled to it.

Quick Reply: customer needing problem resolution